Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

I'm Feeling Good

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 03-03-2004, 06:26 PM   #16
Gmanc711
Thank You, Sean.

Where did you read that, I just read he went there to vist. More than lilkey that means he will proboly sign somewhere, but I didnt hear he got signed?
Gmanc711 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-03-2004, 06:59 PM   #17
johnnyredskin63
Special Teams

Question

this may sound crazy,but the chargers cut s.alexander yesterday is he washed up?he was a good te for the skins before he left,any chance we may look at him and take taylor at number#5?
HAIL TO THE REDSKINS
always remember ladies and germs-THE COWBOYS SUCK
johnnyredskin63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 07:02 PM   #18
skinsfanthru&thru
Playmaker

alexander has been a very injury-prone player and there will almost certainly be no interest in him here but weirder and more stupid things have happened.
skinsfanthru&thru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 08:00 PM   #19
Jamaican'Skin
The Starter

I say give W. Rasby a chance. He's pretty good at blocking, which is exactly what we need in this system, therefore, we should be OK for now. Go after Taylor in the draft.
Jamaican'Skin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 09:41 PM   #20
Beemnseven
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfanthru&thru
I know everyone on here, including myself, seems high on Sean taylor as our draft choice but I was thinking that with klien-whats his name of the vikings being taken off the table, that we could do this:
1.)trade down our pick to the 15-20 range as well as pick up a 2nd and a lower pick or a future draft pick
2.) draft Ben Troupe of Florida who not only is a tremendous recieving tightend in the mold of shannon sharpe(minus arrogance) but he is also one of the better blocking tight ends in college. (and he won't last past the first round I would bet.)
3.) use the 2nd round pick we got in the trade for a nickle back like d'angelo hall or a d-lineman or linebacker to serve mainly as backups this year but possible future starters or the best choice in my mind would be to use it on J. Grove to fill the hole at center and give us a monster o-line.
I'm willing to bet our d-line holes will all be filled in free agency so I don't really see the need to draft one and a lot of people seem to forget how pivital a good if not great center can mean to an offense.
1.) If we trade out of our #5 position, we should get a first rounder like you said in the 15-20 range, and either a 2nd rounder or a 3rd, but not much else. Detroit is supposedly very high on Sean Taylor, so it depends on how much another team is salivating over a particular player -- i.e. Mike Ditka for Ricky Williams. I personally feel like Taylor will be too good to pass up.

2.) I really like Ben Troupe, and if we could somehow snag him later on in some sort of wild draft day trade scenario that would be great, but he'll be gone in the first round, I'm pretty sure. I simply feel like we can get the tight ends Joe Gibbs needs either through free agency or later on in training camp from the undrafted crowd. If they can block first, and catch a pass or two every few games, that's all Gibbs needs.

3.) I'm not sure we'll need another nickel-back as much as we could use more d-linemen, o-linemen or a linebacker. Rashad Bauman has proven himself a capable nickel-back and could improve under better coaching than he's seen in his pro career.

I'm with you on the center position. We really need to get a natural-grown center on our roster as opposed to turning the job over to a converted guard who isn't completely comfortable snapping the ball all the time.

The main problem is that we have so many needs to fill, and not enough draft picks nor the cap space to adequately address them. I say go after the best player we can get, at a position that's been sorely lacking for the last 13 years -- pick Sean Taylor at #5. Trade down only if he's gone.
Beemnseven is offline   Reply With Quote