Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

number 3 qb

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 04-28-2004, 12:48 PM   #16
kingerock
Special Teams

I think Hassleback would be great to have available. I look at it like this. What would have happened last year to either QB with pass protection. I believe both Ramsey and Hassleback would have been much more productive. I watched Hadman on TV and he just doesn't do it for me.

Advertisements
Old 04-28-2004, 01:18 PM   #17
SkinsRock
Impact Rookie

I think this year it will be Hasselbeck and Hamden will spend another year on the practice squad, then next year, he'll get a shot as the #3...
SkinsRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 02:36 PM   #18
joecrisp
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by smootsmack
I like Hasselbeck as well. As for Gibran, is there any rule as to how many times you can put someone on the practice squad? Like there is in baseball where you can only send a player down to the minors so many times
Here's the practice squad eligibility requirements from the CBA:

Quote:
Section 4. Eligibility:

(a) The practice squad shall consist of the following players, provided that they have not served more than one previous season on a Practice Squad: (i) players who do not have an Accrued Season of NFL experience; and (ii) free agent players who were on the Active List for fewer than nine regular season games during their only Accrued Season(s). No player may be a practice squad player for more than two seasons.
The practice squad was also expanded to 8 players this season-- which I'm sure made Joe Gibbs ecstatic with the idea of being able to groom 3 extra players without counting them on the active roster.

I suspect Hamdan will return to the practice squad for one more year-- though Hasselbeck looked really bad at the last minicamp, so I don't know. If Hasselbeck doesn't look better in this week's minicamp, they may start looking for another veteran #3 QB to take his place.
joecrisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 05:11 PM   #19
Carnage
Special Teams

Hasselback does not seem like a Gibbs kind of guy to me. For the sake of his size and ability, I hope he lands in a west coast offense.
Carnage is offline   Reply With Quote