Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Colt Brennan Says He'll "Play A Ton" In The Preseason

Locker Room Main Forum

Closed Thread

Old 07-04-2009, 02:14 PM   #16
Paintrain
Pro Bowl

Re: Colt Brennan Says He'll "Play A Ton" In The Preseason

If Colt gets any regular season snaps that would mean the worst possible considerable scenario for the Redskins this year. I'll even go out on the limb to say that Brennan won't take any regular season snaps with Jim Zorn as head coach.

I'm not dead but this team is dead to me...but now that McCloughan is here they may have new life!

Jay Gruden = Zorny McSpurrier
Kirk Cousins = Next Grossman

Advertisements
Old 07-04-2009, 06:35 PM   #17
ArcticRed
Camp Scrub

Colt Brennan reminds me of a younger version of todays Mark Brunnel. Extremely accurate on his short and medium throws but throws a duck turd on the long balls.
Old 07-05-2009, 05:58 PM   #18
Nflnick11
Special Teams

The ideal scenario for me; Brennan does great in preseason and zorn names him the 2nd QB, week 1 JC gets hit helmet to helmet with a giant defender, causing him to leave the game, Brennan comes in, throws for 300 yards 3 TDs and is named the starter for the rest of the season
Old 07-05-2009, 06:41 PM   #19
skinsnut
Playmaker

Oh man....all you Colt guys....you remind me of a dog ...ya know, leg humpers!

We have a single qualified starter on this team...and an ok old backup and 2 guys that dont know jack and that may never throw a pass in a regular season game.

You guys are crazy...if Colt plays at all this year...it will because we suck.
I do like the idea of carrying Chase on the Practice squad...but lets be real....we haven't even seen the guy throw a pass yet.
Old 07-05-2009, 07:00 PM   #20
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nflnick11 View Post
The ideal scenario for me; Brennan does great in preseason and zorn names him the 2nd QB, week 1 JC gets hit helmet to helmet with a giant defender, causing him to leave the game, Brennan comes in, throws for 300 yards 3 TDs and is named the starter for the rest of the season
Or...Brennan comes in, throws 4 interceptions due to his inexperience, and the Skins get hammered (again) in the Meadowlands.
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Old 07-05-2009, 07:36 PM   #21
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
I don't really understand the logic behind "my ideal scenario is a starter (heck, any player) on my favorite team gets hurt and knocked out of the game"
Old 07-05-2009, 07:39 PM   #22
44Deezel
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBUCHANON101 View Post
If Colt starts then that means Collins was cut and JC failed. so if that all happens i guess Chase could settle for the 2 spot next yr.
You can add Zorn fired to that list. If JC fails, the Skins fail. If the Skins fail, goodbye Zorn.
Old 07-05-2009, 09:11 PM   #23
Ruhskins
Living Legend

This just in, the 2nd and 3rd stringers will play during the preseason, the starters will see limited action. In other news, the Sun is set to appear in the morning, unless the day is cloudy of course, in which case it will just be behind the clouds. LOL.
R.I.P. #21
Old 07-05-2009, 11:28 PM   #24
Nflnick11
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I don't really understand the logic behind "my ideal scenario is a starter (heck, any player) on my favorite team gets hurt and knocked out of the game"
Well the logic smootsmack is that I don't like dumbass Campbell, he is a deer in the headlights with reading coverages, and gets sacked too much by holding onto the ball too long, believe me I know what I'm talking about, cause vinny and dan saw the same thing I saw and that's why they wanted cutler and sanchez (I didn't want either cause I wanted to give colt a shot, but if I had to choose one it would be cutler) unless Campbell has a great second year in the offense, which I doubt but would be more than happy to be proven wrong by him winning us games, he'll be out of a job in DC very quickly
Old 07-06-2009, 12:00 AM   #25
Redskin Jim
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Well the logic smootsmack is that I don't like dumbass Campbell, he is a deer in the headlights with reading coverages, and gets sacked too much by holding onto the ball too long, believe me I know what I'm talking about, cause vinny and dan saw the same thing I saw and that's why they wanted cutler and sanchez (I didn't want either cause I wanted to give colt a shot, but if I had to choose one it would be cutler) unless Campbell has a great second year in the offense, which I doubt but would be more than happy to be proven wrong by him winning us games, he'll be out of a job in DC very quickly
Campbell is our best option to win now.
I want to see Campbell to flourish this year and beyond, that means the Redskins prosper....
If not Nick, then we revert to Snyder ball. The team will continue to be in a constant state of flux. Over paying players who are free agents du jour, for a coach Thats more motivated by money than stability.
Hold your horses my friend.. I hope Colt IS the next coming of Montana, but don't wish the death of a season in hopes of a Savior.
Old 07-06-2009, 12:06 AM   #26
53Fan
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskin Jim View Post
Campbell is our best option to win now.
I want to see Campbell to flourish this year and beyond, that means the Redskins prosper....
If not Nick, then we revert to Snyder ball. The team will continue to be in a constant state of flux. Over paying players who are free agents du jour, for a coach Thats more motivated by money than stability.
Hold your horses my friend.. I hope Colt IS the next coming of Montana, but don't wish the death of a season in hopes of a Savior.
Spot on. Well said my friend.
Old 07-06-2009, 01:32 AM   #27
dgack
The Starter

Quote:
believe me I know what I'm talking about, cause vinny and dan saw the same thing I saw and that's why they wanted cutler and sanchez
Not trying to be (much of) a smartass here, but you really want to use Danny and Vinny as positive comparisons to your football IQ?
"To bring a Sherm Lewis in to a Jim Zorn and whoever his offensive coordinator is, it's like bringing in another man to help teach you how to make better love to your wife or something." -- Tre Johnson
Old 07-06-2009, 02:34 AM   #28
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
This is the most ridiculous/stupid/unintelligent thing I have seen on this board. Are you f'ing serious? Your wish is for a Redskins player to get hurt as your ideal scenario?? If you hate a player on your team so much that you wish injury upon him, I think it is time for you to reconsider why you are a fan of this team.
R.I.P. #21
Old 07-06-2009, 04:09 AM   #29
gibbsisgod
Playmaker

Quote:
Well, thats enough for me. With all that evidence how could someone not believe you?

As for Daniels on the practice squad, I think that is highly unlikely. A Qb on the PS is a waste of a roster spot IMO. With so few spots available you need them all for position players, not players that are untouchable in practice. One of the biggest reasons for the practice squad players is to take some reps off of the regular players to keep them fresh while still being able to run an efficient practice. There really is no place for a 4th QB on a team, hell some teams only carry 2. While the redskins are not in a position to carry just 2 of them, they cant afford the luxury of carrying 4.
Old 07-06-2009, 06:30 AM   #30
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintrain View Post
If Colt gets any regular season snaps that would mean the worst possible considerable scenario for the Redskins this year. I'll even go out on the limb to say that Brennan won't take any regular season snaps with Jim Zorn as head coach.
I agree, if Colt sees any significant amount of action the Skins are in trouble.