Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-15-2008, 12:49 PM   #16
jbcjr14
The Starter

Re: Santana Moss needs the damn ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Spanky View Post
agreed!

and if defenses are taking him out of the game so successfully, we need to do a much better job of exploiting the coverage holes that are left by doubling him.

the way cooley made the eagles pay for focusing on santana, is what needs to happen EVERY time. we did not do that against the rams.
The Skins did make them pay...unfortunately we turned it over 3 times deep in Rams territory that took at LEAST 10 points off the board and 7 on the board for them.

Advertisements
Old 10-15-2008, 12:51 PM   #17
dannyboy1983
Camp Scrub

I didnt realize the fact that JC hasnt thrown a TD in 10 quarters. I think Zorn needs to open the playbook a little more and get some passes downfield. To Moss, ARE, Cooley, Thomas.
dannyboy1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 12:53 PM   #18
johnerotten

they have to figure a way to get santanna the ball,either on reverses,or those wr screen passes.everytime he touches the ball he could go all the way.they have to figure every team we play is gonna try to contain him.hopefully,he'll have a big game sunday.
johnerotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 01:11 PM   #19
Stacks42
Impact Rookie

Two words: Flea Flicker!!! TD 70yds Santana Moss
Old 10-15-2008, 01:17 PM   #20
johnerotten

santanna can play until he's 60,but the two tds he scored against dallas in 2005 at dallas,will always be the ones he's remembered for.just like rusty tillman will always be remembered for blocking 2 punts in dallas in george allen's last year.
Old 10-15-2008, 01:22 PM   #21
horse
Impact Rookie

Zorn is a former qb I'm sure he will continue to throw the ball. Some games you have to take what they give, Even randy moss was taken completly out of the playoffs last year after catching 23 tds during the season. If teams want to take someone out they will. We just gotta make them pay and I think we will. Look ARE had almost 100 yrds agains the rams so Campbell is finding other recievers. Take away the fumbles we win by 20. We're averaging close to 400 yrds total offense nothing wrong with that.
Old 10-15-2008, 01:24 PM   #22
redsk1
The Starter

Good thread. SM has always had a tendancy to get lost for a few games. Coach Z has got to draw some plays up to get him the ball early and often. Even though El is a decent WR a lack of a true threat allows D's to focus on SM.

So, yea SM needs the damn ball. We also need to throw some TD passes this week.
redsk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 02:46 PM   #23
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

As much as I want Moss to be getting the ball, the offense is succeeding whether he is targeted or not. In the Rams & Eagles game, they blanketed Moss - and CP runs for over a hundred & Cooley and ARE make a ton of catches. I would be concerned if Moss was not getting the ball AND we weren't taking advantage of it through other players.

The WCO is not a quick strike offense, it's a dink and dunk game that requires patience. Moss stretching the field and drawing defenders away from the line of scrimmage, however, is making the essential elements of Zorn's WCO more effective. In close games, I fully expect defenses to make stopping Moss their number one priority as he can change the game in one play. In doing so, they accept a slight disadvantage at the line of scrimmage by devoting an extra man to key on Moss in hopes that the Skins will, essentially, beat themselves on longer drives. In the Rams game, that is EXACTLY what happened. If the offense (or even just Kendall) had played mistake free, we win the game.

Yes, I love +20 yard passes as much as the next guy, but that's not how this offense is built. Moss is, however, making the offense much more effective even when he isn't catchng balls. I also believe that, if the defense does not account for him and instead commits to stopping Portis, their failure will be exploited and Moss would have huge game.

For the sake of my fantasy team, however, I hope Moss catches 12 balls for 3 TD's and a gazillion yards (I'm looking at you Matty)!!!!
Old 10-15-2008, 03:02 PM   #24
johnerotten

one thing for sure,we never have to worry about santanna acting like a 2year old if he does'nt get a lot of catches like TO does.
Old 10-15-2008, 06:40 PM   #25
CA_Redskins
Camp Scrub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southpaw View Post
It'd probably also help if Moss could hold on to the balls that are thrown his way.
I'm shocked it took this long before someone mentioned the number of drops Santana has this season. That goes for you too ARE.

Previous posts are right... If we give JC some damn pass protection, he might have some time to let Santana get open. He checks down so quickly because he has no reason to believe anyone up front will protect him for more then 3 steps.
CA_Redskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 06:44 PM   #26
CA_Redskins
Camp Scrub

Also... I love how we finally have a team and coaches that look good and we can start daydreaming about, and all everyone wants to do is second guess the play calling.

"Santana is double covered and JZ needs to create plays/openings to exploit..." Blah Blah Blah.

You don't think he's trying to do that? Or do you think he's just an idiot? It must be one or the other.
Old 10-15-2008, 07:00 PM   #27
HipHipHooray
Camp Scrub

I just read this thread from start to finish and the one point that I just keep going back to is that JC hasn't thrown a touchdown in 10 quarters. I was shocked to see that stat.
HipHipHooray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 07:09 PM   #28
Bubba305-ST21-
Impact Rookie

AMEN.... we have to get our most explosive player the damn rock until some of these rookies actually do something
never another.....R.I.P. Sean T #21
Bubba305-ST21- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 07:11 PM   #29
CA_Redskins
Camp Scrub

You know what... everyone needs to just slow down and give it a little time. Things ebb and flow.

Santana has 3 TDs, 443 yards and averages 15.3 per catch. With 29 catches, that's almost 5 per game.

Chill.
Old 10-15-2008, 07:34 PM   #30
SkinFan4Life
Camp Scrub

Stacks42...man I agree with you..i havent seen the flea-flicker in the Skins arsenal in awhile...back in the day with Gibbs (version 1) it was fairly common play. However, with that said , the flea-flicker (like all deep pass plays) require time in the pocket and JC just hasnt been getting it.
SkinFan4Life is offline   Reply With Quote