In defense of Albert Haynesworth

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 12-28-2009, 03:29 PM   #16
FRPLG
MVP

Re: In defense of Albert Haynesworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportscurmudgeon View Post
But as long as there is any way for Haynesworth and other players to end run the coaching staff to have "someone upstairs" intercede for them, the Redskins will never be a team. Simple as that...
Truer words...truer words.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-28-2009, 03:53 PM   #17
CooleyFanOV
Camp Scrub

Im actually glad that we have a guy that isnt always taking the high road and saying the "right" things all the time. He isnt afraid to call people out. I really think that he is refreshing and is going to force other players into playing with heart. The money, as of yet doesnt seem like it has effected his desire to dominate. I think he is just nasty and wants not just to win but to make you feel pain. Hopefully the new regime will allow AH to be himself. He will lift the rest of the team up and the lazy and half hearted will be exposed!

HTTR!!!!
Although these are trying times..I'm actually happy to be right here, right now with the Redskins. I'm standing by our owner. Joe Gibbs instilled Dan Snyder with the tools to do the right thing. We will return to the glory days!
CooleyFanOV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 03:58 PM   #18
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:

What the Skins need more than anything else is a coach with the authority to make Haynesworth and all the players adhere to team rules that are focused on building a team and not an assembly of individual players. I think it was Colinsowrth last night who said that if you wanted to spend $100M on players, you might want to spend it on a bunch of guys like London Fletcher who are always in the game and always hustling and always thinking about team success instead of personal glory. Guess what; he's right!

But as long as there is any way for Haynesworth and other players to end run the coaching staff to have "someone upstairs" intercede for them, the Redskins will never be a team. Simple as that...

This deserves a bump
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 04:05 PM   #19
Longtimefan
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Letting him go after one miserable season (for the entire team) would definitely be kneejerk. What we really need is a strong head coach in place who knows how to get the most out of him. Right now he's just frustrated and while his spouting off to the media wasn't a great idea, it's hardly a reason to let the guy go.
I agree, he admitted himself he spoke out of frustration, I share in his frustration as well. Some people just love to complain.
Longtimefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 04:26 PM   #20
FRPLG
MVP

I'd take an entire team of AHs in terms of attitude. Look the guy has no motive to bitch that isn't pure. He's got his contract. He doesn't like to lose. And apparently he feels like, surprise surprise, Blache has again subverted a player's abilities in the name of his f*cking scheme. At least he cares abput the damn team. It's better than listening to the likes of Rock Cartwright and Carlos Rogers constantly bitching about playing time or disrespect from the coaches.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 04:29 PM   #21
53Fan
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRPLG View Post
I'd take an entire team of AHs in terms of attitude. Look the guy has no motive to bitch that isn't pure. He's got his contract. He doesn't like to lose. And apparently he feels like, surprise surprise, Blache has again subverted a player's abilities in the name of his f*cking scheme. At least he cares abput the damn team. It's better than listening to the likes of Rock Cartwright and Carlos Rogers constantly bitching about playing time or disrespect from the coaches.
You bet!
Old 12-28-2009, 04:58 PM   #22
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Haynesworth showed on those two 4th and 1 stops just how dominating he can be
The problem is for every good play he makes he then takes the next 4-5 plays off.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 05:01 PM   #23
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daseal View Post
I bet AH is in better shape than any 5 of us combined. He's sucking air because he has 2 OL players on him at all times. AH is damned if he does damned if he doesn't. If he sits down, he's out of shape. If he is on the field and not doing 100% every snap he doesn't care and is lazy. I don't think either is true. Most DL rotate because when they're in you want 100%. AH is no different. I'd rather have him play less snaps per game and be able to go 100% during those snaps.
Not true. He was rarely double teamed last night. He just needs to get in better shape. He got over on us this year so it's done. Now next year no excuses. I want this guy coming in lean and mean and ready to dominate.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 05:07 PM   #24
Swarley
The Starter

yes let's get rid of one of the few players on our team that seems to be truly pissed off by all our losses and the manner we're losing them in......... It's not like Big Al came out and said he couldnt care any less about this season because he's making his money. He's been vocal about things that in general we as fans have been vocal about!
Swarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 05:09 PM   #25
Sheriff Gonna Getcha
Franchise Player

Quote:
What the Skins need more than anything else is a coach with the authority to make Haynesworth and all the players adhere to team rules that are focused on building a team and not an assembly of individual players.
Did anyone else think of this, when they read the above post?

Sheriff Gonna Getcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 05:10 PM   #26
mlmdub130
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Not true. He was rarely double teamed last night. He just needs to get in better shape. He got over on us this year so it's done. Now next year no excuses. I want this guy coming in lean and mean and ready to dominate.
i'm not sure which thread it was in but ss listed ah's playing % and he was right at or above 75%, they rotate d lineman in alot in thei d scheme we have right now, and after watching it more closely i would say ah plays more snaps than any other d line man on our team

but as far as him getting his way and doing what he wants with no discipline that is all on danny boy and hopefully with some new head guys in here next year with back bone and a sack, that won't happen

ST21
mlmdub130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 05:19 PM   #27
Hog1
Quietly Dominating the East

All this BS speculation is useless. We have (hopefully) a new and competant Defensive staff coming in as well as offensive. It is incumbent upon........competant coaches to....do that coaching shit, like:
maintaining unity and the TEAM first vision
positive unified front to the media
assuring adequate game preparation
promote and demand a fitness level suitable for success
etc, etc...........its they're job
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 08:10 PM   #28
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Why is it that other NFL players will say publicly that Albert Haynesworth takes plays off and dogs it on the field some time? Is that just to make this "monster" even more angry when he takes the field against them? Or is it a fact and they know they can take him when he isn't going at full speed?
The guy has spoken out saying that he's being held back from playing harder. If you don't recall the defense that you hate, lead by Blache, often uses the D-Line to occupy linemen in order to let the LBs make the play. Haynesworth wants to rush more.. how are you going to blame the man? Should he play out of scheme and get benched like Lavar?
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 08:11 PM   #29
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Matty:

Agree you cannot let him go. For one thing, with that contract in existence, his trade value now is close to zero.

What the Skins need more than anything else is a coach with the authority to make Haynesworth and all the players adhere to team rules that are focused on building a team and not an assembly of individual players. I think it was Colinsowrth last night who said that if you wanted to spend $100M on players, you might want to spend it on a bunch of guys like London Fletcher who are always in the game and always hustling and always thinking about team success instead of personal glory. Guess what; he's right!

Wasn't his contract greatly front-loaded and that other 57mil or so mostly unattainable money?
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 06:57 AM   #30
irish
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRPLG View Post
Tony Dungy predicted this back when the season started. He said it was known around the league that if things went bad for the team AH would begin complaining as the season wound to a close. Looks like he was right.
irish is offline   Reply With Quote