Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Haynesworth Sent Home From Practice (rips defensive scheme/coaches)

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 12-26-2009, 12:41 AM   #16
53Fan
Franchise Player

re: Haynesworth Sent Home From Practice (rips defensive scheme/coaches)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
It can't hold a lead so do you blame the coaches or the players? See it's easy to sit here and blame Blache. Should be do more attacking? Well sure but that puts a strain on the db's and they can't cover worth shit. Maybe the reason why he's conservative is because of the secondary.
Blache is responsible for the scheme and the scheme is usually the problem. What secondary in the NFL doesn't want a strong pass rush from it's d-line? They all do because it makes their job easier. Put Landry at SS and Orakpo at DE where they belong, rush the passer except on obvious running downs and watch how many more INT's these DB's get. Blache doesn't believe in his players, he believes in his scheme, that's why he doesn't let them play and his scheme isn't worth a f**k when it comes down to holding a lead. If the late Jim Johnson or Swartz or Pittsburgh's DC had this defense we'd be kicking ass.

Advertisements
Old 12-26-2009, 01:12 AM   #17
wilsowilso

Blache is terrible.
wilsowilso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 07:44 AM   #18
Bigreds77
Special Teams

Do you people really want our DB coach running the D? Every game his corners & safety's are out of position. I would like to see Zorn send him packing.
Bigreds77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 08:21 AM   #19
LandrySlice
Special Teams

Zorn can't send anyone packing accept himself, don't worry everyone, Blache and Gray are both out, whole new staff is coming to town. I like Gray, but it's time for a fresh strart!
Old 12-26-2009, 08:29 AM   #20
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

This is Haynesworth playing politics. He knows that Zorn is as good as gone and that there will be other changes. With that in mind, he's campaigning for Blache to go, too.

As for Gray, I've lost respect for him and I hope he goes, as well. That's because I beieve that he did interview for the HC position while he was still working for Zorn. To undermine your boss like that is wrong in my world. Also, I believe that that, by interviewing for a job that he won't even be considered for, Gray helped that weasel, Dan Snyder, to circumvent the spirit and intent of the Rooney Rule.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 09:24 AM   #21
Longtimefan
Playmaker

I don't know about you guys but I saw this coming a long time ago, I'm just surprised it took this long to surface. From just listening to Haynesworth in various interviews early on in the season, one could sense the way he felt about the way Blache was using him and it wasn't favorable.

I mentioned in the other Haynesworth thread that I felt Blache should be a little more understanding, realize what he has and tailor his scheme to fit the player as opposed to the other way around. Should Blache be gone, this is a problem hopefully we won't have next year.
Longtimefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 10:06 AM   #22
44Deezel
The Starter

Can't teach an old dog new tricks I guess. Blache definitely doesn't use his players to their fullest potential. Jason Taylor is a good example. Screw the overall Defense STAT. That shit is bogus. It's all about sacks, turnovers and points. We're a bad team that plays a bad schedule every year, and teams never have to get into a shoot out with us in order to beat us. Soooo, at the end of the year, the Defensive stats "look" pretty decent, but in reality, the Skins D is mediocre.

This is just more national media attention that the pathetic Skins don't need right now.
44Deezel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 10:48 AM   #23
12thMan
MVP

Yep, this is basically the same bone Jason Taylor had to pick with the Redskins. I guess this isn't some little isolated incident between Zorn and Fat Al. In so many words, Haynesworth is telling Blache and Zorn, in fact the entire defensive staff, don't let the door hitcha.

But here's the thing, I think in part he's gone public with this because other players share this same sentiment, but Haynesworth just has the balls to air it publicly.

God, what is it going to take to get this team to play together?
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 10:49 AM   #24
warpaint
The Starter

Here is something i just seen on espn.

Washington Redskins defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth: Coaches all against me - ESPN
Old 12-26-2009, 10:52 AM   #25
12thMan
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by warpaint View Post
Same thing we're discussing now. It was first reported in WaPo.
Old 12-26-2009, 11:00 AM   #26
Hog1
Quietly Dominating the East

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
Yep, this is basically the same bone Jason Taylor had to pick with the Redskins. I guess this isn't some little isolated incident between Zorn and Fat Al. In so many words, Haynesworth is telling Blache and Zorn, in fact the entire defensive staff, don't let the door hitcha.

But here's the thing, I think in part he's gone public with this because other players share this same sentiment, but Haynesworth just has the balls to air it publicly.

ask Bruce? he has a plan
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 11:06 AM   #27
warpaint
The Starter

Quote:
Same thing we're discussing now. It was firts reported in the WaPo.
Yes but if you read it, it is updated and its quoting AH. He is discussing the reason he was sent home and there are other players that show 2 hours late and the coaches look the other way.
Old 12-26-2009, 11:12 AM   #28
Longtimefan
Playmaker

Quote:

12thMan that's exactly a point I wanted to add. In most cases I have not been in favor of players going public when they have problems of this nature but in this particular case there have been others that have expressed critical views as well. I say kudos to big Al for standing up to Blache and for what he feels to be right for him. "You can't teach an old dog new tricks" is a phrase coined for Blache. Get out of my face, go sit down and shut up are demands I think I would bristle at too.
Longtimefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 11:13 AM   #29
12thMan
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by warpaint View Post
Yes but if you read it, it is updated and its quoting AH. He is discussing the reason he was sent home and there are other players that show 2 hours late and the coaches look the other way.
Oh right, I did read the ESPN artilcle. It's definitely interesting. Well, more than interesting actually. I just hope Bruce can right the ship and flush out all the BS. Fat Al made it a point to say there wasn't any leadership and guys are overthinking and playing like robots.

That much is obvious, especially when it comes to Jason Campbell.
Old 12-26-2009, 11:17 AM   #30
12thMan
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longtimefan View Post
12thMan that's exactly a point I wanted to add. In most cases I have not been in favor of players going public when they have problems of this nature but in this particular case there have been others that have expressed critical views as well. I say kudos to big Al for standing up to Blache and for what he feels to be right for him. "You can't teach an old dog new tricks" is a phrase coined for Blache. Get out of my face, go sit down and shut up are demands I think I would bristle at too.
You know Carlos Rogers has taken a lot of heat around here, and deservedly so, but you can almost sense he's been biting his tongue for a while now. Again, Rogers has been horrible but I think if had the opportunity to be completely candid, I think he'd place some of the blame on his coaches.