Top Redskins Moments of the Decade

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 12-24-2009, 09:42 AM   #16
53Fan
Franchise Player

Re: Top Redskins Moments of the Decade

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmek25 View Post
the 5 in a row playoff run. and Gibbs coming back. sports have never made me cry. but when i heard the old man was coming back, it was close
Ha-ha. I'm glad I'm not the only one. Man it is so hard to explain that feeling when it was announced Gibbs was coming back. It was like, finally, all this pain of being embarrassed and losing to the Cowgirls every year is over. It was relief and exhilaration wrapped up in one.

Advertisements
Old 12-24-2009, 10:19 AM   #17
Big C
Mr. Brightside

best game hands down was the monday night comeback brunell to moss over the cowboys.
Old 12-24-2009, 05:07 PM   #18
CrazyCanuck
Serenity Now

No particular order...

Best:
- Gibbs' return.
- Ring of Horror game.
- Beating the Giants (eventual champs) in the Meadowlands with Todd Collins sending us on a roll to the playoffs in 2007. One of the gutsiest wins after the ST fiasco.
- Gibbs' challenge and the Vikes game in 2007.
- ST and the Eagles game in 2005.
- Bucs playoff game in 2005.
- Blocked kick Dallas game in 2006.
- Portis' opening run.
- Beating Dallas and Philly back-to-back on the road in 2008.
- Cerrato's resignation.

Worst:
- Gibbs' retirement.
- ST's death.
- The Buffalo game.
- Los dropping the sure pick-6 in the 1st Seattle playoff game.
- Suisham missing the field goal in the 2nd Seattle playoff game.
- 2001 debacle with Dallas when Davis fumbled. One of the ugliest games ever.
- 45-12 drubbing to Giants in 2009.
- Loss to Lions in 2009.
- The Dallas game in 2003 when Spurrier and Roy Williams almost killed Ramsey.

Note - I didn't include the Bucs playoff loss cuz it was part of the 90s but that was pretty bad. Still haven't forgiven the Turk brothers or Norv. One more first down and we make that field goal and go to the NFC championship, but Norv played it like a wimp.
CrazyCanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 05:12 PM   #19
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Best: Blocked field goal by Troy Vincent, return by Sean Taylor, and the winning field goal made by Nick Novak against the Cowboys. I almost had a heart attack.

Worst: Sean Taylor's passing...I remember being half asleep and feeling like I was punched in the stomach when I heard the news.

Worst On-Field: The beating we got from New England when f'ing Belichick ran up the score on us.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 05:19 PM   #20
CrazyCanuck
Serenity Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
Worst On-Field: The beating we got from New England when f'ing Belichick ran up the score on us.
Lol... forgot that one. Fckn Belichek, he's up 40 pts on us and he's running 4 WR sets...
CrazyCanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 05:45 PM   #21
Longtimefan
Playmaker

You guys stole all my thunder. Someone has already mentioned everything I was going to say. I guess it just proves we we definately watching the same games. Maybe I'll think of something I'm forgetting right now.
Longtimefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 06:25 PM   #22
djnemo65
Playmaker

The Monday night game is the one we will still be talking about in 20 years. Other great moments for me were the five game run in 05 (all of it, from the squeaker in AZ with Antonio Brown blowing kisses to the crowd on a runback, to the beatdowns of Dallas and the Giants at Fedex) as well as the 06 Dallas game.

Here's hoping that this next decade has a lot more great memories to choose from.
djnemo65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 10:10 PM   #23
SouperMeister
Playmaker

1. Beating the crap out of Dallas during the 5 game win streak that put us in the playoffs in '05. Every expert picked Dallas, and they had no answer for Cooley that day as our boys sprinted to a 35-0 lead in front of a delirious home crowd.

2. Stealing the game at Dallas early in 2005 with two LONG Brunell to Moss TDs in the last 4 minutes to turn a 13-0 deficit into a shocking 14-13 victory

3. Stealing another from Dallas in 2006, this time at home - the Troy Vincent block of Dallas game winning FG, returned by Sean Taylor, followed by Nick Novak winning FG on the next play (I attended this game!)

4. Sean Taylor clinching the 2005 playoff birth with his scoop and score at Philly, capped with his iconic dive into the end zone.

5. Todd Collins leading us on a 4 game win streak to the 2007 playoffs after being devastated by Sean Taylor's death and the brutal loss at home vs. Buffalo.
SouperMeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 01:28 AM   #24
rbanerjee23
The Starter

Best Moment: You know at first thought you think it would be difficult to narrow it down to one but it has to be Brunell to Moss for the two late touchdowns for us to win, what was it 14-13? That was unbelievable...to give coach Joe Gibbs that win and to beat Dallas in Dallas in that fashion.

Worst Moment: I don't know why but for some reason, the worst experience I have ever had as a Skins fan was the beating we took from New England 52-7. That was just embarrassing, the Pats pulled their second stringers on us and still scored at will...I have hated Belichick's guts from that day on.

EDIT: haha I just went back and read some of the posts and both of these have been mentioned multiple times, sorry for the redundancy

-Mike Shanahan

HTTR
rbanerjee23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 10:14 AM   #25
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

The beat down we put on the Niners in Japan. That's when I knew Shane Matthews to Derrius Thompson was the truth and Spurrier had arrived
Old 12-25-2009, 10:57 AM   #26
dmek25
MVP

you are a sick man
Old 12-27-2009, 10:44 PM   #27
scafuri27
Special Teams

moss td grab in ot vs the jags wk 4 06....not as meaningful as the mnf miracle..but a tremendous play.
Old 12-27-2009, 11:51 PM   #28
Gmanc711
Thank You, Sean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scafuri27 View Post
moss td grab in ot vs the jags wk 4 06....not as meaningful as the mnf miracle..but a tremendous play.

That actually was one of my favorite plays too..

06 was a miserable season but at least provided some good memories (Moss vs Jags, Dallas miracle, Cooley TD in Campbells first home game) ... not like this year, where its just a miserable season and there are next to zero positives....

... honest to god, when looking back on 2009, the only thing I think I'll remember fondly is our fake punt/feild goal Sellers TD vs Denver.
Gmanc711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 11:58 PM   #29
SouperMeister
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmanc711 View Post
That actually was one of my favorite plays too..

06 was a miserable season but at least provided some good memories (Moss vs Jags, Dallas miracle, Cooley TD in Campbells first home game) ... not like this year, where its just a miserable season and there are next to zero positives....

... honest to god, when looking back on 2009, the only thing I think I'll remember fondly is our fake punt/feild goal Sellers TD vs Denver.
I attended the Jags, Dallas, and Carolina highlight wins in 2006 (in addition to the loss vs. Atlanta). As bad as that season was, at least there were some joyful wins. I can't think of a win that brought me that type of joy this year. Just an all around miserable season that I can't wait to forget.
SouperMeister is offline   Reply With Quote