Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Scud's Studs (week 7 @ Carolina)

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-24-2011, 05:19 AM   #16
That Guy
Living Legend

Re: Scud's Studs (week 7 @ Carolina)

beck was okay, but we had so many injuries (or was it just awful play) today that it's pretty hard to tell who's to blame for that hot mess, or sort out who wasn't.

hightower ran hard, gano did his job, everyone else had good and bad moments.
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-24-2011, 08:49 AM   #17
mredskins
Gamebreaker

I have one last Stud to nominate:

The Warpath

When the Redskins are doing well this place is a ghost town, now that we are back to our loser ways the traffic on here will increase and so will the drama!
Old 10-24-2011, 09:18 AM   #18
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

OL, Beck, Hightower, and Gano. (possibly Davis)

That's about it. As horrible as the D played, I'm not putting any of those suckers on this list.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 10:55 AM   #19
firstdown
Living Legend

Davis does should not get a Scuds Studs. He dropped that ball in the third which I think killed the momentum our O was starting to build.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 11:02 AM   #20
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
Davis does should not get a Scuds Studs. He dropped that ball in the third which I think killed the momentum our O was starting to build.
Which is why I put him on the (possibly) category. Those drops were huge and were absolutely momentum killers.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 11:53 AM   #21
CrazyCanuck
Serenity Now

- Hightower

- Gano

- Paulsen
CrazyCanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 12:00 PM   #22
IrMitchell
Impact Rookie

Beck (If our defense played the same as the first 5 games.. I think we win this because of him)

Hightower

Monty (Wow! He was terrific blocking the pass and run at guard. Very impressed)

Locklear (A penalty.. A late sack, but man this guy held the fort down pretty good against Johnson)

Davis (Paulsen caught passes because nobody knew who he was.. Davis is our best threat and aside from a dropped ball, he did a great job. Loved the touchdown grab too)

Steve Smith The guy single handedly beat us, Newton put the ball near him and that's all it took.
Old 10-24-2011, 04:18 PM   #23
calia
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrMitchell View Post
Beck (If our defense played the same as the first 5 games.. I think we win this because of him)

Hightower

Monty (Wow! He was terrific blocking the pass and run at guard. Very impressed)

Locklear (A penalty.. A late sack, but man this guy held the fort down pretty good against Johnson)

Davis (Paulsen caught passes because nobody knew who he was.. Davis is our best threat and aside from a dropped ball, he did a great job. Loved the touchdown grab too)

Steve Smith The guy single handedly beat us, Newton put the ball near him and that's all it took.
Locklear had two holding penalties, but both came when the defender was clearly offsides (although only the first was called by the every mediocre refs). That seems entirely unfair. When a guy jumps offsides, are you supposed to let him have a free shot at your QB? In both instances, the jump put the defender basically in our backfield, and Locklear was trying to make sure Beck didn't get killed. I confess I don;t know the rule here (and it may simply be, don't hold ever), but it seems bogus to penalize him for these.

I agree that Davis should not be on the list. A good day, but a key drop on 3rd down when we were still in the game killed our momentum, and the Panthers got the ball and never looked back.

Although I like the run-heavy offense, I thought Kyle's playcalling on passing downs was poor. The Panthers often doubled Davis, and he didn't seem to adjust exceopt for the one drive when Paulsen was targeted. Also, Kyle didn't seem to notice that Beck seemed more effective when he rolled out to pass than when he stepped up in the pocket, yet there were few rollouts. Also, why no passes to our RBs when the Panthers LBs were not playing well? Helu seems to be a good reciever, and I think he could have gashed these guys. Finally, was Stallworth in the witness protection program yesterday? It was like a Ralph Ellison novel out there. Geez.
calia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 06:31 PM   #24
GTripp0012
Living Legend

The Redskins have not done well for officiating crews this year. I think they are supposed to get each crew once or something, so at least that part should improve going forward.
Old 10-25-2011, 04:49 PM   #25
sportscurmudgeon
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
The Redskins have not done well for officiating crews this year. I think they are supposed to get each crew once or something, so at least that part should improve going forward.
I doubt seriously that the each team is supposed to get each officiating crew once a season. That would be a scheduling nightmare for the league beyond belief.

Moreover, as the season gets into December and there are some games that are clearly more important than others, the league will be sure to have its higher graded crews working those games. It is sort of like the announcing teams.

Think about it; on Jan 1 2012 the Indy Colts wind up their season against the Jax Jags. Wanna bet that game is not covered by the network's #1 announcing team?
sportscurmudgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 12:10 AM   #26
That Guy
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportscurmudgeon View Post
I doubt seriously that the each team is supposed to get each officiating crew once a season. That would be a scheduling nightmare for the league beyond belief.

Moreover, as the season gets into December and there are some games that are clearly more important than others, the league will be sure to have its higher graded crews working those games. It is sort of like the announcing teams.

Think about it; on Jan 1 2012 the Indy Colts wind up their season against the Jax Jags. Wanna bet that game is not covered by the network's #1 announcing team?
considering both of those teams have been on prime time FAR too often already... *sigh*
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote