Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

The "we should have takens"

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 04-29-2012, 08:38 AM   #16
T.O.Killa
The Starter

Re: The "we should have takens"

The Cousins choice was a great pick, New England style. Two or three years from now we trade him for a second or first round draft choice or four years from now he becomes a free agent and we get a third round compensatory pick for him. We are finally seeing the big picture in Washington. We save 1.3 million in cap space(cutting John Beck), and get a quarterback for the legue minimum. Good back ups get as much a 5 million. WAY TO GO SKINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
T.O.Killa is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-29-2012, 08:44 AM   #17
REDSKINS4ever
Playmaker

I'm very happy with the 9 draft selections the Redskins came away with. Other than RG3, there was no other player that I wanted them to draft.
REDSKINS4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 10:36 AM   #18
NYCskinfan82
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.O.Killa View Post
The Cousins choice was a great pick, New England style. Two or three years from now we trade him for a second or first round draft choice or four years from now he becomes a free agent and we get a third round compensatory pick for him. We are finally seeing the big picture in Washington. We save 1.3 million in cap space(cutting John Beck), and get a quarterback for the legue minimum. Good back ups get as much a 5 million. WAY TO GO SKINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well said, if you read this post you shouldn't IMO have a problem with the Cousins PICK.
NYCskinfan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 10:37 AM   #19
NYCskinfan82
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
We should have taken a left at Albuquerque

Another GREAT post IMO.
Old 04-29-2012, 10:38 AM   #20
Paintrain
Pro Bowl

Other than RGIII they went in many different directions than I thought they would (or even should) but at the end of the day, I'm pleased with our draft. We got our QB, we added OL depth, we drafted a potential replacement for Fletcher and got some competition for DB on the back end of the secondary. I wish they would have addressed RB and WR but I'm a skill position guy. I would have liked to have seen us address the slot WR position with a Joe Adams or Devon Wylie but we've allocated assets to that position in free agency so let's see what they turn into.

I'm not dead but this team is dead to me...but now that McCloughan is here they may have new life!

Jay Gruden = Zorny McSpurrier
Kirk Cousins = Next Grossman
Paintrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 11:07 AM   #21
REDSKINS4ever
Playmaker

^
The Redskins most certainly did address the running back position. They drafted that kid named Alfred Morris in the 6th round.
REDSKINS4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 11:19 AM   #22
Big C
Mr. Brightside

the one that really comes to mind, legitimately, is we should have taken santana moss over rod gardner. moss went 1 pick after rod "50/50" gardner.
Old 04-29-2012, 02:32 PM   #23
budw38
Playmaker

We should be thankful that Vinny is gone , 3 starters left from his past drafts !!
budw38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 02:35 PM   #24
Beemnseven
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintrain View Post
Other than RGIII they went in many different directions than I thought they would (or even should) but at the end of the day, I'm pleased with our draft. We got our QB, we added OL depth, we drafted a potential replacement for Fletcher and got some competition for DB on the back end of the secondary. I wish they would have addressed RB and WR but I'm a skill position guy. I would have liked to have seen us address the slot WR position with a Joe Adams or Devon Wylie but we've allocated assets to that position in free agency so let's see what they turn into.
See, I looked at RB totally different. That was the one area I felt happy with what we had. Hightower, Royster, and Helu provided a good mix of styles that seemed to work fine last year. Maybe pick up a few guys through UDFA, but that's about it.

One of the things I find myself doing is keying in on "Mel's Best Available" -- like when Bobby Massie was available for awhile and I began thinking he's who we need. Then you start to wonder why Allen and Shanny didn't take him because obviously tackle was a need. In the end though, every team is going off their own board, and sometimes they agree with Kiper and sometimes they don't. Doesn't mean they whiffed, or "reached" if the guy you happen to focus in on wasn't selected.
Beemnseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 03:04 PM   #25
NYCskinfan82
Playmaker

Love the topic, but at the end of the day you get who you get, cant cry over spilt milk is how I try to look at it. Happy will all are Draft & FA pick ups.
Old 04-29-2012, 03:30 PM   #26
chrishanburgerHOF
Camp Scrub

I wished we grabbed DB Dennard from Nebraska. He was listed as a 2nd rounder, and dropped to 7th after a bad weekend. Nice get by the Hoodie.
chrishanburgerHOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 04:01 PM   #27
81forHOF
Impact Rookie

Chris Polk. I like our RBs but I think this kid has got the goods. i know about his health concerns but hell we could have got him with a seventh.

Others would have been Brandon Mosley OT but I think they got a guy they really like in Compton so they know better.

Other than that I wish we would have gotten a DT late. It was a rare deep draft for DTs which means we may have gotten value late. Josh Chapman, Alabama hung around and Loni Fangupo went undrafted.
Old 04-29-2012, 04:47 PM   #28
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

I felt like the Eagles pretty much got the "Who's who?" of all picks second round and above. I remember checking the draft and the best value pick and suddenly the Eagles would end up with it.

I'm ready for their time in the spotlight to end.

We've been so bad for so long, it's their turn now.
Old 04-29-2012, 05:05 PM   #29
ArcticRed
Camp Scrub

I wish we would have pushed harder for Vontaze Burfict ILB of ASU to come to Washington. That kid is a beast. He went undrafted to the Bangles.

I know hes a walking convict, however place him under Fletcher to groom him and if he steps out of line let Fletcher make the call to cut him. Very low risk, huge reward.

I would post a youtube video, but cant figure it out. Take a look. He makes alot of eye popping plays. You will also get to see why he went undrafted.
ArcticRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 05:12 PM   #30
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

I'm WAY better with Chase Minnefield. Low risk, ULTRA high reward. We have a draft next year and we can't expect to fill all needs in a single draft. Burfict is one of those guys where MAYBE he works out, but to think he's going to suddenly be a different person is pretty insane.

Anyone with wives/girlfriends can attest to this, but while you can change some practices and/or habits, you can't change who someone is. It's like telling the rain to stop.