Parking Lot

Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2011, 10:24 PM   #1
itvnetop
Playmaker

Re: Washinton Post Live

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinjames1973 View Post
read what i said. Never said his comments on JoePA were racist. Only that if a white reporter talked about a black coach the way he is talking about JoePa BEFORE any proof or final judgement was made, they would get fired.
And apparently you didn't read what I said.

my blather
Old 11-08-2011, 10:28 PM   #2
kevinjames1973

Quote:
Originally Posted by itvnetop View Post
And apparently you didn't read what I said.
I did read what you said. The problem with you is you stopped half way through what i said. Or you could see that my point is that it isnt fair for a black reporter to be treated differently than a white one. That they need to be held accountable for their comments. And when asked i gave several other examples of Carters careless and wreckless "reporting". My reason for using what he said today about JoePa was used to show how a racist black reporter is treated differently than a white one.
Old 11-08-2011, 10:36 PM   #3
itvnetop
Playmaker

Quote:
I did read what you said. The problem with you is you stopped half way through what i said. Or you could see that my point is that it isnt fair for a black reporter to be treated differently than a white one. That they need to be held accountable for their comments. And when asked i gave several other examples of Carters careless and wreckless "reporting". My reason for using what he said today about JoePa was used to show how a racist black reporter is treated differently than a white one.

my blather
Old 11-08-2011, 10:13 PM   #4
kevinjames1973

washpostlive washington post live
@
@kevinjames73 ask yourself this: had Vick or McNabb pulled the same thing, would they have been more harshly criticized? I say yes.
18 Oct Favorite Retweet Reply

@kevinjames73: July 26th 2011 when talking about what Bryce Harper gets away with because he is white...Damn. Got me on that one
18 Oct Favorite Retweet Reply

@
@kevinjames73 Since you know me so well, tell me a bunch of other times I "played" the race card? I'll wait.....

only "proof" I have. No youtube video to look up. But if you dont want dont email them. if people dont agree thats fine. But i am not telling lies. if you like the racist dude. good for you.
Old 11-08-2011, 10:28 PM   #5
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Well, why don't we go to the videotape

Washington Post Live with Ivan Carter, Al Koken (oh my god, he's a white guy!!!) and Brian Mitchell discussing an SI article where a Nationals official compared the scrutiny Harper is under to that of Jackie Robinson. So again that's comparing the scrutiny of a high school phenom about to make millions before he can even legally drink to a man who broke the color barrier

WPL: SI article compares Bryce Harper to Jackie Robinson-7/26

Man, you're so right. The racism is just rampant there. I think we all owe you an apology
Old 11-08-2011, 10:33 PM   #6
kevinjames1973

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Well, why don't we go to the videotape

Washington Post Live with Ivan Carter, Al Koken (oh my god, he's a white guy!!!) and Brian Mitchell discussing an SI article where a Nationals official compared the scrutiny Harper is under to that of Jackie Robinson. So again that's comparing the scrutiny of a high school phenom about to make millions before he can even legally drink to a man who broke the color barrier

WPL: SI article compares Bryce Harper to Jackie Robinson-7/26

Man, you're so right. The racism is just rampant there. I think we all owe you an apology
The SI article had nothing to do with what he said about Harper getting calls because he is white. nice try though. You showed half of what was said that day. Gotta love when someone is obviously trying to use bits and pieces to hide the truth. Will bet my entire years salary that your black. And will bet another years salary that you would never say a bad word about any black reporter making racist comments. Whether its true or not. almost like the KKK or Nazis. Attack the ones you dont agree with to hide the truth. A shame your a moderator. Can only imagine what you delete or do to people who make a bad comment about a black player.

Last edited by kevinjames1973; 11-08-2011 at 10:37 PM.
Old 11-08-2011, 10:51 PM   #7
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
The SI article had nothing to do with what he said about Harper getting calls because he is white. nice try though. You showed half of what was said that day. Gotta love when someone is obviously trying to use bits and pieces to hide the truth. Will bet my entire years salary that your black. And will bet another years salary that you would never say a bad word about any black reporter making racist comments. Whether its true or not. almost like the KKK or Nazis. Attack the ones you dont agree with to hide the truth. A shame your a moderator. Can only imagine what you delete or do to people who make a bad comment about a black player.
Well, I made an attempt to show at least some of the conversation that was held that day...while you made none

And you're broke because I'm not black (why do so many people here think I am)

And you're banned...so good bye

Thread locked. Good night everyone. Exit to your left. Please drop your 3D glasses in the bins and get home safe
Old 11-08-2011, 10:47 PM   #8
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

And here was the Carson Palmer discussion.

WPL Extra Time: If a black quarterback did what Carson Palmer did, would he have been criticized?--10/18.

He's not a QB, but I still don't understand why Ochocinco got so much grief for wanting to get out of Cincy, but Palmer not as much...but I guess it's because I'm racist

I don't care much for Ivan Carter on the air. His style kind of annoys me, but to just call him racist because he moderates sometimes controversial discussions and in doing so tosses out opinions for debate is wrong.

What's with all the racist talk today anyway? With apologies to Matty, and the rest of the mods, I'll disclose that someone on this board accused us moderators of being racist for allowing people to critique black players like Trent Williams and Fred Davis (but apparently we don't condone any criticism of Will Montgomery and Logan Paulsen). I mean what the hell.