Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot

What would you do if this was your son?

Parking Lot

Old 11-05-2010, 12:13 PM   #16
ArtMonkDrillz
Franchise Player

re: What would you do if this was your son?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooskins View Post
I don't agree with those norms and hence why I called it society's bullshit.

Those norms are created based what they see around them, parents, movies, ads, television, etc. If those things didn't exist(not suggesting they shouldn't and not suggesting it is even feasible, just proving my point) kids wouldn't feel that way and make fun of him.
Ideally you're right, but the harsh truth is the world isn't like that. SmootSmack is right, it's very interesting that the kids didn't seem to care and it is sad that at some point they probably will because of the bias they see around them.
However, I do think attitudes are starting to change and I do think that people are becoming more open minded but that kind of societal shift takes years and possibly generations to happen.

Advertisements
Old 11-05-2010, 12:19 PM   #17
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Sounds like to me this mother is trying to persuade her son to be gay later in life. NO CHILD knows anything about sexual preference at age 5. Kids in normal, healthy environments are not exposed to or think about sex when they've only been alive for 60 months old.

Sounds like this mother is trying to create some kind of living environment that would either push the son towards homosexuality or just have some kind of liberal "show them options even if they're too young to make the decision".

5-year old kids need to be interested in things like Scooby Doo. Not crossdressing. A good parent would not put their child in a situation where they will definitely be degraded or made fun of. Your son wants to wear makeup and a wig to school? Explain to them the differences between genders then and let HIM know he should dress appropriately for a little boy. What if your son wanted to wear a KKK costume because he thought it was a ghost or mistakenly interpreted it as a superhero costume? A parent needs to set right and wrong, age appropriateness and simply protect their child from inevitable consequences for trying to make a controversial statement with a child. This is no better than putting your kid in a political protest holding a sign about abortion or war...they're just not appropriate issues for a child.

To me, it sounds like the mother KNEW this reaction would occur and wants to use that poor child to make a statement and create a debate or controversy on her social/political beliefs. The other kids, who don't understand sexual preferences and crossdressing...just did what they naturally did and laughed at the boy dressed like a girl. I bet they'd laugh if a kid came in dressed as a doughnut with sprinkles too, it's just an unexpected surprise to them. However, to other parents and faculty, the sight was likely far from funny. It's probably a disturbing sight seeing a child put in a sure situation to get mocked, while being confused about his gender and raised in a questionable learning environment at home.

Homosexuality is a choice, it's not genetic. It's a choice made sometimes consciously, sometimes subconsciously...and it's a result of the environment and experiences as the person approaches adulthood. So many sexual abuse victims become sexually-confused later in life. This kid is being set out on the path choosing homosexuality later in life, by his own mother. Quite sickening with the disease rates, health risks and moral issues that comes with the lifestyle. A mother should want to protect a son, not indoctrinate him and set him up for a lot of grief and possible danger later in life.

Way to ruin Halloween and possibly a child's upbringing, woman.
Old 11-05-2010, 12:20 PM   #18
hooskins
Most Interesting Man in the World

Look I view myself as a realist too, but if I think something is wrong I am not going to just accept the status quo as a part of society. If we did that we would still be killing witches and enslaving races.
Old 11-05-2010, 12:38 PM   #19
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
Sounds like to me this mother is trying to persuade her son to be gay later in life. NO CHILD knows anything about sexual preference at age 5. Kids in normal, healthy environments are not exposed to or think about sex when they've only been alive for 60 months old.

Sounds like this mother is trying to create some kind of living environment that would either push the son towards homosexuality or just have some kind of liberal "show them options even if they're too young to make the decision".

5-year old kids need to be interested in things like Scooby Doo. Not crossdressing. A good parent would not put their child in a situation where they will definitely be degraded or made fun of. Your son wants to wear makeup and a wig to school? Explain to them the differences between genders then and let HIM know he should dress appropriately for a little boy. What if your son wanted to wear a KKK costume because he thought it was a ghost or mistakenly interpreted it as a superhero costume? A parent needs to set right and wrong, age appropriateness and simply protect their child from inevitable consequences for trying to make a controversial statement with a child. This is no better than putting your kid in a political protest holding a sign about abortion or war...they're just not appropriate issues for a child.

To me, it sounds like the mother KNEW this reaction would occur and wants to use that poor child to make a statement and create a debate or controversy on her social/political beliefs. The other kids, who don't understand sexual preferences and crossdressing...just did what they naturally did and laughed at the boy dressed like a girl. I bet they'd laugh if a kid came in dressed as a doughnut with sprinkles too, it's just an unexpected surprise to them. However, to other parents and faculty, the sight was likely far from funny. It's probably a disturbing sight seeing a child put in a sure situation to get mocked, while being confused about his gender and raised in a questionable learning environment at home.

Homosexuality is a choice, it's not genetic. It's a choice made sometimes consciously, sometimes subconsciously...and it's a result of the environment and experiences as the person approaches adulthood. So many sexual abuse victims become sexually-confused later in life. This kid is being set out on the path choosing homosexuality later in life, by his own mother. Quite sickening with the disease rates, health risks and moral issues that comes with the lifestyle. A mother should want to protect a son, not indoctrinate him and set him up for a lot of grief and possible danger later in life.

I dressed up as Benjamin Franklin when I was 5...and now I fly kites in the rain, churn my own butter and run an apothecary

Well he did go as Daphne from Scooby Doo, and had dressed up as Scooby himself the previous couple of years

The kids weren't the issue, it was the moms who were saying stuff
Old 11-05-2010, 12:48 PM   #20
firstdown
Living Legend

Probably a single mom and why is she calling him gay.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 12:59 PM   #21
MonkFan4Life
The Starter

Yeah first you're right. Why is she calling him gay, that's how she starts out. My son is gay and if you care then I don't want to know you. Also F her bull. My dad died when I was 9 and I had 3 women in the house and 4 by the time I was 15 so I don't want to hear that my son does what the girls do crap. If she wants to raise her child as a girl or allow him to do things that a female will do then she should just say it instead of putting it on the child. Really, that's where this is effed up. She's all well it's his decision and Buster you make a good point. If he wanted to wear a KKK outfit because he thought it was a ghost what would she do ?

My mother made sure that I knew the difference between men and women/boys and girls. I'm sure if there was something that wasn't right in her opinion then she corrected it as she saw fit. Apparently this woman sees no problem with it and hey like I said that's her son.

http://www.youtube.com/user/DowntimeRB?feature=mhw5

The "punishment" by the league : "It's like getting a ticket for going too fast on a road a week ago and they changed the speed limit today"
MonkFan4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 01:12 PM   #22
Schneed10
A Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Yet it seems the kids had no problem with the costume
Probably seems that way because the mother isn't able to sit in class all day with the kid and see the grief he's going through. So she spoke about the grief she encountered, from the other parents.

Coming from other parents, that is ridiculous indeed. But I'm sure there are kids in the class that are ragging on him for it, it's just the way it works.
Old 11-05-2010, 01:13 PM   #23
Schneed10
A Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooskins View Post
I don't agree with those norms and hence why I called it society's bullshit.

Those norms are created based what they see around them, parents, movies, ads, television, etc. If those things didn't exist(not suggesting they shouldn't and not suggesting it is even feasible, just proving my point) kids wouldn't feel that way and make fun of him.
I don't agree with them either, but that's not the point. They're not going away.
Old 11-05-2010, 01:13 PM   #24
firstdown
Living Legend

Daphne from Scooby Doo? He looks like street whore. LOL

OK so who would let their 5 yr. old go to school like that. I would not.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 01:16 PM   #25
MonkFan4Life
The Starter

Not I said the father of a boy !

http://www.youtube.com/user/DowntimeRB?feature=mhw5

The "punishment" by the league : "It's like getting a ticket for going too fast on a road a week ago and they changed the speed limit today"
MonkFan4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 01:31 PM   #26
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post

Seriously that is some laughable shit, did someone teach you that you should **** girls no it was ingrained in you. No one sat down with me and said now Matthew you should like big boobs, blond hair and vagina's. it is a nature not nurture thing.
Old 11-05-2010, 01:33 PM   #27
Schneed10
A Dude

Buster you're a serious idiot. It's an established scientific fact that homosexuality is genetic.

Sometimes you do get a psychologically damaged person swinging one way or another, but by and large it's hardwired.
Old 11-05-2010, 01:36 PM   #28
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
Buster you're a serious idiot. It's an established scientific fact that homosexuality is genetic.

Sometimes you do get a psychologically damaged person swinging one way or another, but by and large it's hardwired.

Thank you, look for Firstdown to back him up on his dummyness like Saden1 says.
Old 11-05-2010, 02:00 PM   #29
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

well written article on the genetics v environment discussion.
Is Homosexuality Genetic? The Search for Possible Genetic Causes of Homosexuality
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 02:21 PM   #30
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

I'm lovin how some of you guys just came in this thread and automatically assumed this would be a case of whether or not the other kids would laugh at her son. I don't think any of the other kids gave a shit personally. The entire story is about the other mothers acting like dickheads and interfering in another mother's relationship. If I was that woman I'd ask the other women if her son was their son too, and as soon as they say no I'd be like, alright then why don't you worry about your own kid, and stop concerning yourself with mine.

This story doesn't have anything to do with the other kids in the class. It's about 3 mothers who have taken it upon theirselves to interfere with another woman and her kid.

It doesn't make a single difference if her kid is gay or not, at 5 years old I doubt he knows anything about that. He just wanted to go as Daphne for Halloween. Let kids be kids, if the other kids did make fun of him he'll just learn that's what's gonna happen in today's society.