Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot

Happy 4th of July!

Parking Lot

Old 07-01-2011, 09:12 PM   #16
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

Re: Happy 4th of July!

Honeymoon starts tomorrow

Shameless self-promotion. It is what it is.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 07-02-2011, 07:25 AM   #17
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
I could, but I can just watch them from my deck too, so we usually do that. I'm in no condition to be boating by the time the fireworks start.
I here you. I was going to say if you do go by boat to watch out for all the nuts on the water on 4th of july. After I play golf this morning I'm headed to get some rum to make a hur. you posted. When you say fresh juice is that fresh from the can?
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 04:21 PM   #18
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
I here you. I was going to say if you do go by boat to watch out for all the nuts on the water on 4th of july. After I play golf this morning I'm headed to get some rum to make a hur. you posted. When you say fresh juice is that fresh from the can?
Can or a carton, whatever you can find will work
Old 07-03-2011, 01:07 AM   #19
GMScud
Swearinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Did a hurricane test run tonight and this recipe is a winner, very close to the ones they have at the Blacksmith Shop in New Orleans, which are widely regarded as the best in town:

Ice
1.5 oz dark rum
1.5 oz light rum
1/2 oz 151 proof rum
1.5 oz fresh pineapple juice
1/2 oz fresh orange juice
1/4 oz fresh lime juice
1/4 oz grenadine
orange slice
Maraschino cherry
Sounds delicious. Are you blending as a frozen drink or shaking and serving over ice? I'd imagine either way would be really good. Fresh ingredients are the key. All that pre-mix crap gives mixed drinks a bad name. With all the "buy local/seasonal" trends out there now, the whole "farm to table" thing is translating to "farm to glass" in lots of places. Why not have drinks based off of the freshest seasonal ingredients?

I made some rhubarb mint spritzers tonight. Took some orange mint straight from the garden, used some juice left over from macerating some rhubarb, and mixed it with some Reisling and soda water. Freaking fantastic.

Also Matty- I know you like rum- may I recommend a Mojito with chocolate mint (a strain of mint that has a bit of a purple-ish tint to it and has just a touch of chocolatey flavor) instead of your standard mint, and use ginger ale to top off the drink instead of soda water or sprite. So good.
Old 07-03-2011, 08:02 AM   #20
dmek25
MVP

anything with 151 is guaranteed results
Old 07-03-2011, 04:45 PM   #21
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
Sounds delicious. Are you blending as a frozen drink or shaking and serving over ice? I'd imagine either way would be really good. Fresh ingredients are the key. All that pre-mix crap gives mixed drinks a bad name. With all the "buy local/seasonal" trends out there now, the whole "farm to table" thing is translating to "farm to glass" in lots of places. Why not have drinks based off of the freshest seasonal ingredients?

I made some rhubarb mint spritzers tonight. Took some orange mint straight from the garden, used some juice left over from macerating some rhubarb, and mixed it with some Reisling and soda water. Freaking fantastic.

Also Matty- I know you like rum- may I recommend a Mojito with chocolate mint (a strain of mint that has a bit of a purple-ish tint to it and has just a touch of chocolatey flavor) instead of your standard mint, and use ginger ale to top off the drink instead of soda water or sprite. So good.
I just do them over ice, and float the 151 at the end. Frozen would be good too, but I never had it that way.

Fresh mint in any drink always rocks. I'll have to look for that chocolate one, sounds tasty.
Old 07-03-2011, 05:53 PM   #22
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Happy 4th Warpathers
Old 07-03-2011, 06:18 PM   #23
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Love Hurricanes, made Rum Runners last night though

essentially the same except exchange the dark rum for banana liqueur and blackberry liqueur, drop the lime juice

I prefer to swap the banana for amaretto though.. and sometimes I use blackberry brandy instead, but last light was amaretto and the blackberry liqueur

love summer cocktails

gonna have to try that mojito idea gmscud, the rhubarb spritzers sound like a perfect casual summer drink too
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 09:47 PM   #24
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

right now having

gin
peach schnapps
oj
ginger ale

however much falls into cup is the ratios
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 08:33 AM   #25
mredskins
Gamebreaker

My 4th was great expect for Sunday night when I went out to a local town near my house for their fireworks. It started to sprinkle so they decide to start telling everyone the fireworks were canceled. we are talking thousands of folks, everyone rushed to their cars we got caught in traffic then while sitting in traffic we start hearing the fireworks go off. People get out of the cars start screaming and yelling it was a bloodbath.

Just complete small town idiot cops.
Old 07-05-2011, 12:21 PM   #26
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
People get out of the cars start screaming and yelling it was a bloodbath.
What?

Mine was great, fireworks and concert in a park on the 3rd, took my son to see Cars 2 on the 4th (empty theater...NICE) and went home to grill meat, meat and more meat with some watermelon for dessert.

Made up for my craptacular Saturday of spending 4 hours in the sun, staining my son's big wooden swingset/clubhouse/sandbox thing.
Old 07-05-2011, 12:32 PM   #27
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeydad View Post
What?

Mine was great, fireworks and concert in a park on the 3rd, took my son to see Cars 2 on the 4th (empty theater...NICE) and went home to grill meat, meat and more meat with some watermelon for dessert.

Made up for my craptacular Saturday of spending 4 hours in the sun, staining my son's big wooden swingset/clubhouse/sandbox thing.

I was just saying a bunch of folks were really mad. I had to keep my son in the car to shield him from the F- bombs.

We went to see Cars 2 as well, my son was kind of into it but lost interest about 3 quarters of the way through. He asked if he could go play outside, I said sure and we left.
Old 07-05-2011, 04:20 PM   #28
firstdown
Living Legend

Cars two sucked. We went Friday night so when the wife started bitching about me playing golf on Saturday I had something to say like "hey, I went to the movies last night don't say I never spend family time with you two".
Old 07-05-2011, 05:32 PM   #29
firstdown
Living Legend

This is pretty cool. 4th Flash Mob

YouTube - ‪Flash Mob at Cape Cod Stop and Shop‬‏