Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot

The Workplace

Parking Lot

Old 05-26-2010, 07:35 PM   #16
MTK
\m/

Re: The Workplace

My company is starting a work from home program sometime this summer, I'll be able to work at home 3-4 days a week. Needless to say...

I CAN'T F'ING WAIT

I sit around some hens that just cackle all day long, drives me insane. They sit about 10 feet apart but they're on the phone all day or at each other's desk.

Advertisements
Old 05-26-2010, 09:19 PM   #17
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
My company is starting a work from home program sometime this summer, I'll be able to work at home 3-4 days a week. Needless to say...

I CAN'T F'ING WAIT

I sit around some hens that just cackle all day long, drives me insane. They sit about 10 feet apart but they're on the phone all day or at each other's desk.
I can definitely see this being the wave of the future for many jobs. I could easily do my job at my house, lower my stress levels and honestly, probably be more effecient. I don't think there is a person on the face of the Earth who wouldn't take advantage of that situation just a little bit, but (at least in IT) there are times where stuff is just "working" and I could possibly spend 6 hours of my 7 hour day doing nothing.
Old 05-26-2010, 11:22 PM   #18
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
When I built my office I knew I wanted a kitchen with a nice stove, microwave, frig, TV, insulated walls, and a door. My rule is when someone is having their lunch break at the office its like they are not in the building. At first the rule was broken a few times but now everyone knows the deal. Every once in a while something comes up but it better be important or I'm pissed. I also just had to remove the oven because some ass wipe city inspector said it was not safe and I would need to install some $4000 vent system after its been there for 8 yrs.
portable burners and a toaster oven put away when not in use

easy
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 11:23 PM   #19
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
People beyond college freshman say "your momma"?

Definitely agree about the microwave popcorn.
yeah so does your momma
Old 05-26-2010, 11:24 PM   #20
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post

I CAN'T F'ING WAIT

Oh shit yeah, nice.

What do you do if you don't mind?
Old 05-27-2010, 08:25 AM   #21
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryfuhl View Post
Oh shit yeah, nice.

What do you do if you don't mind?
claims adjuster
Old 05-27-2010, 09:42 AM   #22
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
Is it not very obvious that you don't grill someone for answers when you see them eating lunch at their desk? Sometimes I wish I could just say "mother fucker, don't you see I'm eating my lunch?"

I got co-workers that like to talk about their hobbies a lot. Just because I have a bike doesn't mean I want to hear about you working on a customizing your bike almost every fucking day.

Oh and saying "your moma" out of nowhere and out of context is totally retarded...especially if the co-worker you're saying it to is in his mid 40's.

</rant-complete>
Where the heck to you work, a 9th grade classroom?
Old 05-27-2010, 09:44 AM   #23
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
Great thread. I'm trying to get microwaved popcorn abolished. If not in my building or floor, at least in the areas right around me.

The smell, even when not burned, just makes me nauseous. Excessive cologne too. Why do you need to bathe in peach syrup, lady around the corner from me?
I HATE THE SMELL OF POPCORN.

Thankfully, the biggest offender who used to work in the office right beside me and popped it DAILY, sometimes burning it...RETIRED!

It is one of the rudest office behaviors that exists.

We've even had a "fire drill" because of burnt popcorn. Infuriating.
Old 05-27-2010, 10:05 AM   #24
Rainy Parade
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmdub130 View Post
the common courtesy is not bothering me with a dumbass story in the first place

exactly!

i'm surrounded by hags. i'm the only guy here. luckily i have my own office with a door, and i work with my headphones on all day.

but i've had some hag roll up in here like "oh, i'm sorry i didn't realize you were eating, anyway...." then they go on with some stupid question. get the fuck out.

one lady talks non-stop. fuckin motormouth. and she's the skinniest thin-as-bones GHOUL you will ever see. i want to hockey-check her into the wall to see if she would just crumble to dust!
Rainy Parade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 10:07 AM   #25
Rainy Parade
Special Teams

i know i'm always pimpin something i've written elsewhere, apologies tho i'm sure you guys are used to it. but i have several short rants about the hags in my office on my blog, section called Casual Fridays. some classics in there:
casual fridays « 23/7

enjoy.
Rainy Parade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 10:16 AM   #26
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
I HATE THE SMELL OF POPCORN.

Thankfully, the biggest offender who used to work in the office right beside me and popped it DAILY, sometimes burning it...RETIRED!

It is one of the rudest office behaviors that exists.

We've even had a "fire drill" because of burnt popcorn. Infuriating.
Oh man so did we once. In the dead of winter no less. Everyone wanted to kill the moron.
Old 05-27-2010, 10:18 AM   #27
joethiesmanfan
The Starter

Oh yeah, if you sick stay at home. I don't want your germs. Thanks for the popcorn tip fellas. I have a new perspective on Pop Secret. It's like a passive agressive middle finger to everybody in this damn office. BWAHAHAHAHA!!! I am about to pop me some now.
Old 05-27-2010, 10:23 AM   #28
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainy Parade View Post
exactly!

i'm surrounded by hags. i'm the only guy here. luckily i have my own office with a door, and i work with my headphones on all day.

but i've had some hag roll up in here like "oh, i'm sorry i didn't realize you were eating, anyway...." then they go on with some stupid question. get the fuck out.

one lady talks non-stop. fuckin motormouth. and she's the skinniest thin-as-bones GHOUL you will ever see. i want to hockey-check her into the wall to see if she would just crumble to dust!
lol "surrounded by hags"
Old 05-27-2010, 10:27 AM   #29
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by joethiesmanfan View Post
Oh yeah, if you sick stay at home. I don't want your germs. Thanks for the popcorn tip fellas. I have a new perspective on Pop Secret. It's like a passive agressive middle finger to everybody in this damn office. BWAHAHAHAHA!!! I am about to pop me some now.
Dude the whole coming to work sick thing is just so wrong. And the kicker is those same people will use their sick days when they're not even sick! Yeah I get the whole mental health day thing, I do the same thing once in a while, but dammit use some of those sick days when you are actually sick.

Back on the smells, another bad office smell is when someone has onions on a sandwich. Smells like goddamn BO. Or when someone heats up fish in the microwave. Makes me wanna puke.
Old 05-27-2010, 10:28 AM   #30
joethiesmanfan
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyk View Post
dude the whole coming to work sick thing is just so wrong. And the kicker is those same people will use their sick days when they're not even sick! Yeah i get the whole mental health day thing, i do the same thing once in a while, but dammit use some of those sick days when you are actually sick.

Back on the smells, another bad office smell is when someone has onions on a sandwich. Smells like goddamn bo. Or when someone heats up fish in the microwave. Makes me wanna puke.
hahahahahah!