Josh Johnson Named Tampa Bay Quarterback

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-28-2009, 03:19 PM   #16
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Re: Josh Johnson Named Tampa Bay Quarterback

Quote:
Originally Posted by hail_2_da_skins View Post
Going to Collins is throwing in the towel for the season. Going to a 38 year old career backup is not going to save the Redskin's season or do anything for the future of the franchise. Rodney Harrison claimed that Jason Campbell is nothing more than a backup quarterback. Well, Collins has proven his is nothing more than a backup quarterback his whole career. If the Redskins are going to make a change, I would rather see them try a younger player. I'm still scratching my head on why Chase Daniel was not retained when Colt was placed on injured reserve.
Well, when you play with Tom Brady, everyone will look like a career backup.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-28-2009, 03:20 PM   #17
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Well lets see if we give another WINLESS team and QB their first wins of the season and career. If we do lose to Tampa, I may stop watching this season, seriously it would be the worst thing that could happen to a Skins fan..
Old 09-28-2009, 03:20 PM   #18
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

^And this thread is not about Campbell, it is about Josh Johnson. Let's stick to the topic.

I hope the defense bothers to show up this week. If not, it doesn't really matter who is under center for the other side.
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 03:22 PM   #19
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

Wow, Jason Campbell vs Jason Campbell. Who wins? Why older Jason Campbell of course.

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 03:23 PM   #20
dmvskinzfan08
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean"Big Hurt"Taylor View Post
Damn it does not take long for even first year head coaches to make changes at the qb position in order to produce more offense. Maybe Zorn needs to follow the same. With Collins I think he does reads the field much better than Campbell. I'm tired of receivers streaking wide open and he throws dumb off passes to his backs. I believe Campbell is the real reason our receivers are not having a lot passes and that our o-line looks horrible. Campbell holds the ball to long for an offense that is supposed to be quick striking. Although I believe Campbell is not the only problem he is part of the problem with Zorn's offense.
Oh boy...lol. I can't wait to JC finds a new home. Not because I dont like him. He is not Peyton Manning but he isn't Andre Ware either. I hope he finds another team that can put him in the positon to win. This guy gets the brunt of everything.

Saying that. If he doesn't work out and the next guy comes in and is even worse. What will we say then? IF we promote Colt to the starter and he has fire but keep making mistakes we will be saying off with his head also. If we draft a rookie and he doesn't come out the gate being a Pro Bowler what will see say then?

People say Flacco and Ryan. But dig this. Both of them have a solid running game and solid defenses especially Flacco. WE have neither of those at this point. Atlanta was near the top with Turner at running back. Bmores defense. Nuff said. Those things are important. So what will happen if we put a rookie or either a vet in this position? WHo knows. But I dont htink the result will bemuch better.

We need a OL. We need to draft a RB or pick one up in Free Agency. Our defense needs to come to play. We need linebackers also. So if you think replacing the QB is the issue. You will in for a big suprise when Campbell leaves.

Further more who cares what Harrison says. Dirty playing HGH using ass. He hated on everyone from Campbell to T.O.

Read how T.O. gets in his ass:

Browser: T.O. fires back on Twitter | Detroit Free Press | Freep.com

Now the "owner" of the account is saying its fake. But I read an article that brought up some interesting points.

Rodney Harrison’s Twitter Real or Fake..You Make The Call..BSO Investigation- Robert Littal Presents BlackSportsOnline
HTTR 09 - RIP#21
HATERS << Misery Loves Company
dmvskinzfan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 03:34 PM   #21
firstdown
Living Legend

I keep hearing about our D showing up do you guys realize our O has scored only 30 points this year. Thats a whopping 10 points per game and two TD's came late in the game when it was all but over. Take those away and when games where still within reach we have scored 16 points and thats a little over 5 points per game and people are blamming our D.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 03:35 PM   #22
dmvskinzfan08
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
I keep hearing about our D showing up do you guys realize our O has scored only 30 points this year. Thats a whopping 10 points per game and two TD's came late in the game when it was all but over. Take those away and when games where still within reach we have scored 16 points and thats a little over 5 points per game and people are blamming our D.
75% 3rd down conversion for the Lions. 9-11 on 3rd downs at one point. The whole team is to blame but the defense didn't show up yesterday either.
HTTR 09 - RIP#21
Old 09-28-2009, 03:35 PM   #23
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
Our D was pretty brutal yesterday, there's no getting around that. The offense last week did a really good job...except for when it counted
Old 09-28-2009, 03:46 PM   #24
Hog1
Quietly Dominating the East

I heard an interestring stat a minute ago. Doc's intern stated that during our 6-2 stretch last season the D averaged 18.1 points allowed p/game.
Since then it has allowed 18.2 p/game
Draw your own conclusions...........
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 04:22 PM   #25
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
Fail.
Do you think JC is just untouchable or something? Like it or not he's part of the problem and did not have a good game yesterday.

As for Johnson didn't he have monster college numbers? He was drafted by Gruden. That's all I know about him.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 04:26 PM   #26
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog1 View Post
I heard an interestring stat a minute ago. Doc's intern stated that during our 6-2 stretch last season the D averaged 18.1 points allowed p/game.
Mine are already drawn. The problem with this team is the offense but people don't want to hear it.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 04:33 PM   #27
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Do you think JC is just untouchable or something? Like it or not he's part of the problem and did not have a good game yesterday.

As for Johnson didn't he have monster college numbers? He was drafted by Gruden. That's all I know about him.
He's not untouchable and he had a rough second half yesterday, but by the time you get far enough down the list to reach him, you've reached "whole team is at fault" status.

Which, well, it might be true but it's not even worth saying.
Old 09-28-2009, 04:44 PM   #28
pg86
No new threads for you

Fuck the media....were gonna win this one huge if its DC's own Leftwich, Josh Johnson, Josh Johnsons mama or whoever in the hell the fuckaneers decide to play or fall to hell trying which is more than we did last game

GO SKINS!

Sorry Im so tired of hearing the damn news about how the skins won't win this cause they lost to the lions! I bet the Lions come in second to the Vikes in the division
pg86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 04:49 PM   #29
Hog1
Quietly Dominating the East

Well, I don't think JC much like JZ are going to single handedly lead us to glory. They may be serviceable.....especially JC.
Gibbs best trait possibly was talent useage. He made incredible use of "decent" QB's and formed them into superstars. He did that by reinforcing the systems and people around them.
JC's support sucks.
the O-line, recievers, running game, etc are not working. Until they do we have no chance at the QB position, or success on Offense for that matter.
It can be done but JZ MUST adapt the personnel to THEIR skill sets, and draft/fa accordingly
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 05:02 PM   #30
dmvskinzfan08
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog1 View Post

I am interested in knowing what conclusions you have drawn....

Please share!!
HTTR 09 - RIP#21