Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy

2022 Midterms thread

Debating with the enemy

Old 11-02-2022, 10:05 PM   #16
nonniey
The Starter

Re: 2022 Midterms thread

One thing I think is becoming apparent is the Dems really made an error on their focus on abortion. It highlighted that they are even more extreme than the extreme elements of the Republicans on this issue (and unlike Republicans it's all of them). They hitched their wagon to the wrong horse.
nonniey is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-03-2022, 10:53 AM   #17
SunnySide
Playmaker

I see his signs in Montgomery County for County Executive. Most of them have this red lettering on top saying in big letters 'DEMOCRATS FOR"

Saw my pops sample MoCo ballot and hes a fucking republican.

How is that allowed?

I thought he was Dem.

I get that MoCo is blue so the Rs dont put their party on their signs .. but the "democrats for" is intentionally misleading.

if you know the people you are looking to lead arent for your policies .. maybe change your platform or move to where your opinion is shared by your county.
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2022, 10:55 AM   #18
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
I see his signs in Montgomery County for County Executive. Most of them have this red lettering on top saying in big letters 'DEMOCRATS FOR"

Saw my pops sample MoCo ballot and hes a fucking republican.

How is that allowed?

I thought he was Dem.

I get that MoCo is blue so the Rs dont put their party on their signs .. but the "democrats for" is intentionally misleading.

if you know the people you are looking to lead arent for your policies .. maybe change your platform or move to where your opinion is shared by your county.
Does he believe in God too?
sdskinsfan2001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2022, 11:06 AM   #19
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonniey View Post
One thing I think is becoming apparent is the Dems really made an error on their focus on abortion. It highlighted that they are even more extreme than the extreme elements of the Republicans on this issue (and unlike Republicans it's all of them). They hitched their wagon to the wrong horse.
Then have those red states put abortion up for vote.

No?

You dont want a repeat of what happened in Kansas .. where "we the people" spoke and supported reasonable access to abortions?

All democrats are more extreme then the extreme portion of republicans? Okay nonniey ... have a good one.
Old 11-03-2022, 11:16 AM   #20
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
Does he believe in God too?
god(s) .. all 2 million or however many humans created to date are fake.

Please dont ask me about your god, you wont like what I have to say.

Last edited by SunnySide; 11-03-2022 at 11:31 AM.
Old 11-03-2022, 11:30 AM   #21
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Are you serious? You want to troll me with a god comment?

God, all 2 million of them, are made up bullshit by people who thought the earth was flat and the center of the universe.

I dont bash your god on here .. I do sometimes bash evangelical nationalists but thats done with through the lens of political discussion (maybe I cross the line sometimes)

Christmas is actually a re-brand of Saturnalia a roman holiday on Dec 17 were they had festivals and exchanged gifts. It helped sell christianity.

Religion is the worst most destructive creation of man

You want to introduce "god" into this discussion? fuck your god, hes a fake and anyone who believes in religion is dumb af

In december I put a fat inflatable pig with christmas regalia in my front yard just to reinforce christmas is now a non religious capitalist bullshit holiday. Much like all religions .. its bullshit.

Please dont ask me about your "god" again.
Understatement of the year award contender right here.

Wasn't trolling. I feel like most guys are influenced by their parents, and especially their dad. Was just curious if he also believed in God too. Interesting, to me at least, that if he was a christian republican and you grew up to be neither.
Old 11-03-2022, 11:39 AM   #22
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
Understatement of the year award contender right here.

Wasn't trolling. I feel like most guys are influenced by their parents, and especially their dad. Was just curious if he also believed in God too. Interesting, to me at least, that if he was a christian republican and you grew up to be neither.
1. i apologize for my rant, really do. I try to keep my anti religion out of here.
2. im non religious. dad died when i was young, my step dad is jewish but we are a non religious
3. I dont know where my original post opens the door to my dads religion? I was talking about a local election candidate .. when I said "hes fucking republican" I was referring to republican reardon sullivan putting out signs implying hes democrat.

Nothing to do with my dad other than he is a resident of Montgomery County and when I saw his sample ballot i learned the sullivan guy is actually republcian and not Dem as his signs misleading imply.
Old 11-03-2022, 11:44 AM   #23
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
1. i apologize for my rant, really do. I try to keep my anti religion out of here.
2. im non religious. dad died when i was young, my step dad is jewish but we are a non religious
3. I dont know where my original post opens the door to my dads religion? I was talking about a local election candidate .. when I said "hes fucking republican" I was referring to republican reardon sullivan putting out signs implying hes democrat.

Nothing to do with my dad other than he is a resident of Montgomery County and when I saw his sample ballot i learned the sullivan guy is actually republcian and not Dem as his signs misleading imply.
I totally misunderstood your original post. I thought you meant that his sample ballot said that he himself was republican, not a certain candidate. My bad. Sorry to hear about your dad. I had no idea.
Old 11-03-2022, 11:50 AM   #24
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
I totally misunderstood your original post. I thought you meant that his sample ballot said that he himself was republican, not a certain candidate. My bad. Sorry to hear about your dad. I had no idea.
All good dont sweat that.

Sorry again for my vitriol.

Truly am. Im going to feel bad and reflect on it all day now.

Anyway ... elections huh? Are you registered in SC already? We got legalizing weed on our MD ballot, anything cool on the SC ballot?
Old 11-03-2022, 11:55 AM   #25
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
All good dont sweat that.

Sorry again for my vitriol.

Truly am. Im going to feel bad and reflect on it all day now.

Anyway ... elections huh? Are you registered in SC already? We got legalizing weed on our MD ballot, anything cool on the SC ballot?
No worries.

Yep, I'm all registered now. To be honest, I really haven't paid much attention to the SC candidates/issues yet. Very lazy on my part. I will need to spend the weekend doing some research.

I don't watch much cable anymore, so I don't actually hear about local politics. I feel like I know way more about GA than SC, because watching all the Braves games basically, I got bombarded with political commercials for months for them. Actually need a lot more initiative now, which is a good thing, to research things I actually want to vote for here.
Old 11-03-2022, 12:59 PM   #26
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
No worries.

Yep, I'm all registered now. To be honest, I really haven't paid much attention to the SC candidates/issues yet. Very lazy on my part. I will need to spend the weekend doing some research.

I don't watch much cable anymore, so I don't actually hear about local politics. I feel like I know way more about GA than SC, because watching all the Braves games basically, I got bombarded with political commercials for months for them. Actually need a lot more initiative now, which is a good thing, to research things I actually want to vote for here.
I was in LA a few weeks ago ... every single commercial was a political ad.

in MD ... we get a lot of VA ads for and against Spanberger. A house of rep seat for northern virginia, very tightly contested, im guessing a ton of out of state money poured into this one. I dont even know who her running mate is, seems the R candidate is running just attack ads (which is fine, run your playbook).

I cant remember the last time I saw a commercial for a MD candidate. Im guessing our races arent as contested so why throw money at it.
Old 11-03-2022, 01:36 PM   #27
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

I get to vote for local Board of Ed this year for my zone. I did research on candidates and perhaps I should put this under grinds my gears but since it is an election I will post it here.

Maggie Litz Domanowski sent me a mailing her priority transparency for parents on what is being taught in Baltimore County. The reason I have issue with this is every parent already has access to every lesson being taught in BCPS in their students class. Every lesson is posted on Schoology and the students can access as well as parents whenever they want. The reason a parent won't know what is going on is because they are not taking the time to sit with their kids and say show me what you are learning. These are lazy parents that are not vested in their kids I fail to see why we need to designate more resources supporting these fear mongering lazy parents. I emailed her and told her she needs to quit defending lazy parenting. I haven't seen a reply yet.
Old 11-04-2022, 12:15 AM   #28
nonniey
The Starter

Quote:
Then have those red states put abortion up for vote.

No?

You dont want a repeat of what happened in Kansas .. where "we the people" spoke and supported reasonable access to abortions?

All democrats are more extreme then the extreme portion of republicans? Okay nonniey ... have a good one.
Except Dems aren't proposing reasonable access to abortions they've taken the most unpopular position that the Americans have on abortion - legalized elective abortions at anytime during pregnancy. Only 10% of the population supports that position.

As for putting it up to a vote I have no issues - legalized unrestricted abortions up 15 weeks and banning elective abortions after that period would easily win (Even in the bluest states).

Problem is getting people to understand what the proposals are. Did you know that Grahams proposal only banned late term elective abortions? He sold it poorly and most Americans thought it was a broad abortion ban.

But back to the original thesis. Dems were foolish to make abortion the main focus of their overall campaign. Skilled Republican candidates (by no means a majority are skilled) were able to disarm that line of effort by pointing out the Dems were even more extreme on the issue (Rubio being a good example in his debate with Demmings). The Dems should have focused on election denial and support for Trump and his attempt to overthrow the Republic.

Last edited by nonniey; 11-04-2022 at 12:39 AM.
nonniey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2022, 12:39 AM   #29
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

To make my Friday way more enjoyable...Omaha...

Old 11-04-2022, 04:31 AM   #30
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonniey View Post
Except Dems aren't proposing reasonable access to abortions they've taken the most unpopular position that the Americans have on abortion - legalized elective abortions at anytime during pregnancy. .
That is republican spin , it's simply not true. You seem fine that a republican president stack the court and changed existing law that was established 50 years ago.