The Goat
Pro Bowl

Re: Dan Snyder’s Official Team Bio Is A Tour De Force Of Bullshit

The one cool thing about this thread...bullshit got to stay in the title hehe
Old 06-19-2012, 02:13 PM   #2
mlmpetert
Playmaker

^ Just playing i dislike Snyder more than anyone i know. I dislike him more than most other people that i dont know.

Your link is definietly worth reading.
Old 06-19-2012, 02:58 PM   #3
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmpetert View Post
^ Just playing i dislike Snyder more than anyone i know. I dislike him more than most other people that i dont know.

Your link is definietly worth reading.
I've got a truck you can rent
Old 06-19-2012, 03:41 PM   #4
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

I certainly don't hate the man, and didn't want this to be a thread were we all vent our frustration at Dan's idiocy in the past. I thought it was a funny article tearing up his profile, and it really is no more than me laughing at the man if somebody posted a youtube video of him walking and tripping over his feet while landing in some mud puddle. (or anybody for that matter) A simple "point and laugh" kind of thing and nothing to note that requires bringing out the old scars of the past. Some of you guys are taking the article too literal.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
Old 06-19-2012, 05:01 PM   #5
mlmpetert
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
I've got a truck you can rent
If it wasnt for that truck Vinny would still be running things!!!!!

Sike, i just like thinking that sometimes......

I know Danny has made some major changes and i personally thank him and commend him for those things. However, the dude still has issues, and i think its important we call him out on those issues.

Is anyone else embarrassed by these things on Danny's profile?:

Quote:
Tickets to Redskins games have been sold out for more than 40 years.
Quote:
In addition, four players and one coach from his tenure as owner, Darrell Green, Russ Grimm, Chris Hanburger, Art Monk and George Allen, have gone on to induction into the Pro Football Hall of Fame.
Quote:
With Hanburger's enshrinement in 2011, the Redskins have had the third most players and coaches inducted of any team since Snyder's purchase of the franchise in 1999.
Putting the above on your profile is more than disingenous, its insulting to Green, Grimm, Hanburger, Monk, Allen and even Redskin fans that cant raise enough money to get bus signs and have to use trucks instead.

As long as Dan continues to ask for criticism i think its more than fair to give it.
Old 06-19-2012, 05:27 PM   #6
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

I guess if you go into it already hating the man it's a big deal, but if not then you probably don't see what's so awful about the bio
Old 06-19-2012, 08:53 PM   #7
mlmpetert
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I guess if you go into it already hating the man it's a big deal, but if not then you probably don't see what's so awful about the bio
I think its in part because people respect modesty. Ive noticed in life that when someone talks about how awesome they are, usually theyre not all that great.

Take me for an example. Im one of the coolest, most well like, and radley members on this site but i rarely mention it because i dont have to. Its apparent to me through the respect and actions im shown that everyone feels this way. Theres no need for me to mention how successful i am, my good looks, my prominence in the community or any of my personal accolades. I choose modesty in part because i like fitting in with you average joes, but more so because i respect it.

Some guys are like me, others arnt.

New England Patriots: Robert Kraft

Washington Redskins: Dan Snyder
Old 06-19-2012, 09:06 PM   #8
mlmpetert
Playmaker

I just realized there is a "more+" button at the bottom of each bio. So i guess both like to boast.....

Ill eat crow.

But there are factually errors in Dan's bio as NCSkins' link originally pointed out.
Old 06-20-2012, 10:47 AM   #9
Monkeydad
Living Legend

One of the worst and most pointless threads started this offseason.

Yawn.

He's a businessman, so I don't fault him for making money how he does. Truth is, he's actually learned how to own and run an NFL franchise from his past mistakes...by keeping his hands off the football decisions. When he hired Allen and Shanahan, he really proved and in a way admitted that he knows he can't handle football decisions.

Look at the changes in the last 2 years, even in just this offseason. Mr. Snyder is soon going to be the owner of a competitive, respected, hopefully feared football team.

Adapting and learning is the key to success in any industry. He's a success in life and will be as a football owner when all is said and done. Sure, we all suffered through his learning curve and experimentation, but soon we'll all be thanking him for the Redskins return to success. Maybe we'll be cursing his parking fees, but at least the product will be worth paying for.
Old 06-20-2012, 01:06 PM   #10
mlmpetert
Playmaker

^ I too hope for his success as a football owner because we will all share in it. Like everyone else i also agree that he's likely learned much from his past, yet still recent, mistakes. I hope that he has permanently changed in his management and operation of our organization.

But this thread is more questioning his character, which dispite changes he made in his management of the team, still seem to persist. Character issues among Redskins players and even non-Redskins players often appear to make for a thread worthy topic on this site, so imho i believe character concerns with our teams owner would also make for a worthy topical discussion. I dont think labeling this the worst or most pointless thread of the offseason is fair.

Id also argue that as long as Dan Snyder has character concerns theres a higher likelyhood that managment concerns may come back. If someone lies or makes questionable statements to bolster themselves they deserve to be called out for it and questioned. Ignoring it because he's 2 years removed from being a horrible owner just doesnt seem prudent to me.
Old 06-20-2012, 01:11 PM   #11
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeydad View Post
One of the worst and most pointless threads started this offseason.
No idea why you even had to write that novel defending Danny boy. I think many of you guys are overreacting to the article laughing at Dan's trumped up bio on the website. It's something you point and laugh at so why are you guys taking it to a whole other level?? It's not needed. Just laugh and move on.

The thread is fine and it's not pointless. It's funny to watch people make idiots of themselves. They have shows dedicated on just such premise. I laughed at this guy when he embellished on his resume as well.

CNNSI.com - College Football - O'Leary finds himself out of a job at Notre Dame - Saturday December 15, 2001 12:02 AM

I don't think anybody is trying to say Dan isn't doing the right things finally. It's just you guys have a knee jerk reaction to anything Danny related.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
Old 06-20-2012, 02:07 PM   #12
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
No idea why you even had to write that novel defending Danny boy. I think many of you guys are overreacting to the article laughing at Dan's trumped up bio on the website. It's something you point and laugh at so why are you guys taking it to a whole other level?? It's not needed. Just laugh and move on.

The thread is fine and it's not pointless. It's funny to watch people make idiots of themselves. They have shows dedicated on just such premise. I laughed at this guy when he embellished on his resume as well.

CNNSI.com - College Football - O'Leary finds himself out of a job at Notre Dame - Saturday December 15, 2001 12:02 AM

I don't think anybody is trying to say Dan isn't doing the right things finally. It's just you guys have a knee jerk reaction to anything Danny related.
At this point isn't the joke a little tired and overdone though? I think that's what most of us are talking about.

And who doesn't have an embellished resume?
Old 06-20-2012, 02:53 PM   #13
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
At this point isn't the joke a little tired and overdone though? I think that's what most of us are talking about.

Embellish is one thing, flat our lying is another.

I never tire of dumb people doing dumb stuff. Do you? Why? Because it's Snyder? Pfffft... Give me a break. I'm not cutting him any slack just because he's been crucified in the media his entire tenure. Does his bio in anyway reflect anything in regards to how he's currently running the franchise? Hell no. Does his bio make you laugh because it's so full of shit? Hell yeah. Is this a big deal? Absolutely not. Is this any reflection on how Dan is running the franchise? Not in the slightest.

I'm not so sure most of you are talking about that as noted on some of the posts defending the man. He doesn't need defending. It wasn't a article attacking how he's currently running the franchise. I think anybody in their right mind can see he's doing the things the fan base has asked him to do, and the inability to see this just shows what type of blind hatred a person has for the man in regards to the past.

Here. I think this thread needs some cuteness to wash away some of the emo that's currently in here.

Old 06-20-2012, 03:14 PM   #14
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post

Especially the "Danny Boy" moniker.

I'd expect it from Dallas fans in the same way we call their owner "Jerrah", but from Skins fans? It just seems petty and immature.
Old 06-20-2012, 01:50 PM   #15
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Character concerns? Really?