Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Great Playcalling, Joe

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-23-2007, 07:34 PM   #16
redskinsfanatic

Re: Great Playcalling, Joe

saunders called the plays today as he always does.typical skins/giants/nfc east game.maybe it will put a chip on the players shoulders for the next 2 weeks,and
they'll come back really pissed!
redskinsfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-23-2007, 07:35 PM   #17
jdlea
Playmaker

Playcalling was bad, defense folded and Betts is the most useless short yardage back I have ever seen. Stretch the ball out and you score, break a tackle that 9 out of 10 NFL RB's break and you tie the ballgame. That was as inexcusable as taking the ball out of Jason Campbell's hands.

This game was reminiscent of the Norv era Skins.
jdlea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 07:35 PM   #18
number21isabadman
Special Teams

i think everyone on this warpath overlooked the giants just like the redskins did!
number21isabadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 07:36 PM   #19
Sean"Big Hurt"Taylor
Special Teams

If you watched this game, this is not Al Saunders offense. The defense played incredible despite the pathetic offensive playcalling. You can not ask the defense to stop the Giants offense the whole second half if the offense puts up 14 second half yards. Joe Gibbs should just stop fucking up with the offense. He needs to just let Al Saunders run this offense the way he sees fit. We are the Herman Edwards' Chiefs team of the NFC. This is pathetic.
Sean"Big Hurt"Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 07:40 PM   #20
RMSkins
The Starter

It didn't help that the defense was on the field the whole second half, and the play calling in the redzone was absolutely horrible.
RMSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 07:40 PM   #21
Hogs17
Camp Scrub

I knew we were in trouble after the first series in the second half. Skins (coaches and players) approached second half as if game was already over. Now I have to hear from my Giants fan wife until we play them again...this is a bad day!
Hogs17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 07:41 PM   #22
MTK
\m/

I dunno, I saw the same offense that I've seen the past few weeks. Only difference is today we didn't convert on 3rd downs enough.
Old 09-23-2007, 07:41 PM   #23
Gmanc711
Thank You, Sean.

Good NFL Teams dont go up 17-3 at the half and lose....Good Teams dont do that, so by that logic....

Were not a good team, bottom line. That was fucking pathetic. ABSOLUTLEY pathetic. That playcalling was atrocious, I dont care what the Giants did, wheather they rallied or not, we were up SEVENTEEN TO FREAKING THREE.....Our offensive playcalling was ATROCIOUS...I could take the 11 people in my house and gain fourteen yards on offense against that pathetic Giatns defense
Gmanc711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 07:41 PM   #24
Smooter
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogs17 View Post
I knew we were in trouble after the first series in the second half. Skins (coaches and players) approached second half as if game was already over. Now I have to hear from my Giants fan wife until we play them again...this is a bad day!
Divorce her!
Smooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 07:42 PM   #25
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by number21isabadman View Post
i think everyone on this warpath overlooked the giants just like the redskins did!
I don't believe so. The Giants didn't play THAT great. (Granted they did play good) But when the Skins goes 3 and out for an entire half, the other team is gonna do something with all those chances. Which the Giants did.

I've been a part of this message board for 17 years. Damn I'm old.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 07:42 PM   #26
MTK
\m/

LOL I love the board after a loss.

Welcome to over reaction city.
Old 09-23-2007, 07:42 PM   #27
hurrykaine
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean"Big Hurt"Taylor View Post
If you watched this game, this is not Al Saunders offense. The defense played incredible despite the pathetic offensive playcalling. You can not ask the defense to stop the Giants offense the whole second half if the offense puts up 14 second half yards. Joe Gibbs should just stop fucking up with the offense. He needs to just let Al Saunders run this offense the way he sees fit. We are the Herman Edwards' Chiefs team of the NFC. This is pathetic.
Some folks on here are just averse to criticizing Gibbs. Joe v2.0 sucks at offensive play calling.

Just 1 game though - would've been cool to head in to the bye 3-0, but 2-1 ain't that bad. Gotta win against the Lions though.
hurrykaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 07:45 PM   #28
RobH4413
Wildcard Bitches

There is no excuse for blowing this kind of lead at home.

The defense didn't just bend, or break, but rather imploded back through time into 2006. Our o-line was physically dominated. Jason Campbell was flustered most of the game, played poorly. Passes were dropped. Many missed tackles.

There was no rhyme or reason to our play calling. Too conservative on some plays, then running WR reverses at other times. This was an abortion of a game, and it's a huge loss.

We cannot afford games like this, and this team needs to come out swinging in two weeks.
Old 09-23-2007, 07:45 PM   #29
GTripp0012
Living Legend

The clock management at the end of the game was predictably pathetic, but thats about the 8th most important reason as to why we lost.

In the second half, the defense got the ball thrown all over it. If Eli wanted a first down, he got it. Derrick Ward is a pretty good player back there.

Offensively, we made more critical mistakes in the second half than good plays. Some weird things happened like Portis uncharacteristically grabbing at a handoff. Campbell's accuracy was troubling to say the least in the second half, and the offensive line struggled.

I don't think the playcalling was bad, but it was unremarkable. Unremarkable playcalling and poor excution is always a disaster.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 07:46 PM   #30
skinsfan69
Living Legend

I hate to say this but if this was other coaching staffs the game would have been over. No reason why we were not passing more against the 31st rank pass defense.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote