SBF Is On "Vacation"

Thread Hell

Old 09-21-2006, 10:26 AM   #1
MTK
\m/

Re: SBF Is On "Vacation"

Quote:
Originally Posted by davy View Post
Seems harsh to me. I spent quite a while looking through his recent posts and couldn't find anything worthy of a ban. There is something wrong when genuine Redskins fans are being banned while moronic Cowboys fans have free rein.
You also don't know what goes on behind the scenes. He was warned several times and he basically scoffed at those warnings.
Old 09-21-2006, 09:55 AM   #2
12thMan
MVP

Well, Davy..I agree with that statement. However, and I'm not speaking on behalf of the Mods here, you can't call people Nazis. You just can't.
Old 09-21-2006, 09:57 AM   #3
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

You can't do it three times, be given three warnings privately and respond with "whatever zzzz" then do it again and not expect to get some sort of reprimand.
Old 09-21-2006, 10:34 AM   #4
BDBohnzie
Playmaker

It's a shame, as Mike is a standup guy. But, after reading over some of the stuff over the past few days or so, it seems that a nerve has been struck, and he's been on the defensive ever since.

However, if these things have happened behind the scenes, and he's disrespecting, then the punishment fits the crime. I do agree with 12thMan in extending an olive branch after the 2 weeks, to let him know that we all have disagreements from time to time, but we all have that one thing in common, and we should never let a few goofy posts ruin that.

“WE TOOK HIM IN THE SIXTH ROUND SO WE'RE NOT SMART EITHER.” - Shanny on what the Skins saw in Alfred Morris
Old 09-21-2006, 11:59 AM   #5
12thMan
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDBohnzie View Post
It's a shame, as Mike is a standup guy. But, after reading over some of the stuff over the past few days or so, it seems that a nerve has been struck, and he's been on the defensive ever since.

However, if these things have happened behind the scenes, and he's disrespecting, then the punishment fits the crime. I do agree with 12thMan in extending an olive branch after the 2 weeks, to let him know that we all have disagreements from time to time, but we all have that one thing in common, and we should never let a few goofy posts ruin that.
I might add, someone other than a Mod might try reaching out to him.
Old 09-21-2006, 12:08 PM   #6
gibbsisgod
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
I might add, someone other than a Mod might try reaching out to him.
I have! And then I found out some other disturbing things after I appologized. But as I said before, I have no problem with SBF but I can see why someone would. I still think this whole situation is kinda funny.
Old 09-21-2006, 10:46 AM   #7
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

He has already been told by the mods that this is a 2-week cooling off period and we hope he comes back with a refreshed attitude and contributes in a manner he has shown he is capable of.

There is a distinct difference between disagreements and disrespect. And for the most part, everyone here understands that
Old 09-21-2006, 11:24 AM   #8
Umberto
Camp Scrub

I am a new member and really hope I will not get treated the way SBF treated some of you based on the above message from moderator...
Umberto
Old 09-21-2006, 11:31 AM   #9
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umberto View Post
I am a new member and really hope I will not get treated the way SBF treated some of you based on the above message from moderator...
Umberto
Bienvenidos Umberto! Truthfully, you shouldn't have any problems here, if you ever do just let me or any other mod know in a PM.
Old 09-21-2006, 01:03 PM   #10
hooskins
Most Interesting Man in the World

First of all, I do not know about the previous things, but I think this was instigated by you TAF, no offense. In that thread in the Parking Lot, you came out and attacked him. Granted it was not something someone should be offended by, I think you kinda brought up the situation. Now I personally do not know the other statements he made in the past, but I am judging it off of the "terrorists" thread, and I do not think that is enough for a ban. And even if he is a bit too sensative, like about us not joking around on a Skins forum, whatever.

I could be wrong, because I do not know all of his posts, but I think this is a bit too much. I think its awesome, TAF, that you made this open so everyone can put their opinion into it. As the great Borat says, "I lieee-k".

With that being said, I do not think SBF will return. He does not seem like that kinda person that would take rejection and come back. I will miss the BBQ and the "peace mike".
Old 09-21-2006, 01:42 PM   #11
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooskins View Post
First of all, I do not know about the previous things, but I think this was instigated by you TAF, no offense. In that thread in the Parking Lot, you came out and attacked him. Granted it was not something someone should be offended by, I think you kinda brought up the situation. Now I personally do not know the other statements he made in the past, but I am judging it off of the "terrorists" thread, and I do not think that is enough for a ban. And even if he is a bit too sensative, like about us not joking around on a Skins forum, whatever.

I could be wrong, because I do not know all of his posts, but I think this is a bit too much. I think its awesome, TAF, that you made this open so everyone can put their opinion into it. As the great Borat says, "I lieee-k".

With that being said, I do not think SBF will return. He does not seem like that kinda person that would take rejection and come back. I will miss the BBQ and the "peace mike".
I see. Well, last year he was upset by something. I don't remember what off-hand. I think someone made some Jesus joke. And he called us mods jerks and Nazis for not handling the matter. We replied that none of us had been on line during the past 24 hours and that we would handle it (which we did) and that in the future he should PM us first. So we thought everything was cool. Shortly thereafter we moved one of his redskins merchandise threads from the locker room to the redskins gear forum. I think Matty who did it, but he innocently forgot to tell SBF. So SBF started another thread once again declaring us Nazis and jerks for deleting his thread. We told him we only moved it and apologized for not notifying him and once again please address this in private.

Then came the infamous Sports Illustrated thread, where we teased him about posting a duplicate thread. He got all upset saying he came here for Redskins talk. So I moved into the Parking Lot, in retrospect I should have just locked the thread but I didn't see the harm in just joking around. Once again, he publicly called us Nazis and jerks. We exchanged a couple of PMs everything seemed to be ok. But it was made clear to him that he had now been warned yet again not to do this in public. He scoffed at this, probably figuring there was no way he would ever be banned.

I did not intend to attack him in any way in that terrorist thread, just playfully teasing him. He went off the deep end. I mean for crying out loud, we had a whole "Impersonations" thread where we all teased each other. I mean in that very thread jamf cracked on me. I didn't erupt, I know he's only kidding. It was all harmless fun. He went off the deep end.

And let me just make clear that, unless it's a spammer, the mods don't ban anyone without discussing with other mods, especially Matty. In this instance, because I am at the forefront of it to the rest of you I guess I have taken on the role of the bad guy or the "asshole" as I have been privately told. If that's the case, so be it. Being a mod entails having to play that role sometimes. None of the mods were chosen to protect individual members. We're here to protect the whole community.

We're all aware and appreciative of the contributions SBF has made, and hopefully again will make to the board. That's why I felt it necessary to break protocol and explain the decision to everyone.
Old 09-21-2006, 01:50 PM   #12
hooskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAFKAS View Post
I see. Well, last year he was upset by something. I don't remember what off-hand. I think someone made some Jesus joke. And he called us mods jerks and Nazis for not handling the matter. We replied that none of us had been on line during the past 24 hours and that we would handle it (which we did) and that in the future he should PM us first. So we thought everything was cool. Shortly thereafter we moved one of his redskins merchandise threads from the locker room to the redskins gear forum. I think Matty who did it, but he innocently forgot to tell SBF. So SBF started another thread once again declaring us Nazis and jerks for deleting his thread. We told him we only moved it and apologized for not notifying him and once again please address this in private.

Then came the infamous Sports Illustrated thread, where we teased him about posting a duplicate thread. He got all upset saying he came here for Redskins talk. So I moved into the Parking Lot, in retrospect I should have just locked the thread but I didn't see the harm in just joking around. Once again, he publicly called us Nazis and jerks. We exchanged a couple of PMs everything seemed to be ok. But it was made clear to him that he had now been warned yet again not to do this in public. He scoffed at this, probably figuring there was no way he would ever be banned.

I did not intend to attack him in any way in that terrorist thread, just playfully teasing him. He went off the deep end. I mean for crying out loud, we had a whole "Impersonations" thread where we all teased each other. I mean in that very thread jamf cracked on me. I didn't erupt, I know he's only kidding. It was all harmless fun. He went off the deep end.

And let me just make clear that, unless it's a spammer, the mods don't ban anyone without discussing with other mods, especially Matty. In this instance, because I am at the forefront of it to the rest of you I guess I have taken on the role of the bad guy or the "asshole" as I have been privately told. If that's the case, so be it. Being a mod entails having to play that role sometimes. None of the mods were chosen to protect individual members. We're here to protect the whole community.

We're all aware and appreciative of the contributions SBF has made, and hopefully again will make to the board. That's why I felt it necessary to break protocol and explain the decision to everyone.
I was not aware of all the other things that he did in the past. My bad.
Old 09-21-2006, 01:55 PM   #13
cpayne5
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAFKAS View Post
Strikes 1 & 2 are acceptable. Strike 3 really seems to be a stretch.

I agree w/ hooskins. It really does seem that SBF was provoked in this instance. He posted a harmless thread and then was made fun of. Yes everybody teases eachother every now and then, but given the circumstances, and the way in which your paths have crossed in the past, I believe that it was not wise to post what you did. Hindsight is always 20/20, though.

He may have gone "off the deep end", but I think he was led to the edge this time.
Old 09-21-2006, 02:01 PM   #14
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpayne5 View Post
Strikes 1 & 2 are acceptable. Strike 3 really seems to be a stretch.

I agree w/ hooskins. It really does seem that SBF was provoked in this instance. He posted a harmless thread and then was made fun of. Yes everybody teases eachother every now and then, but given the circumstances, and the way in which your paths have crossed in the past, I believe that it was not wise to post what you did. Hindsight is always 20/20, though.

He may have gone "off the deep end", but I think he was led to the edge this time.
Well I apologized to him and he ignored the apology. Most people don't get four warnings though.
Old 09-21-2006, 01:16 PM   #15
hooskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umberto View Post
Umberto
I dont think you will be treated the same.

On a side note:"Do you know what they call a shark in spanish? UMBERTO!!!"(poker reference, I love that guy lol).