Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Is Brett Favre starting a trend for old QB's?

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 12-15-2009, 05:49 PM   #16
mlmdub130
Playmaker

Re: Is Brett Favre starting a trend for old QB's?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
What annoys me most about Favre are

1.) The fact that he doesn't get retested to keep his roster status

2) He doesn't get punished for intentional grounding because "of his age".

3) He thinks people owe him something.....
do you dislike brady? because he gets away with everything

and do you realy think he thinks people owe him something, i never really picked that up

ST21
mlmdub130 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-15-2009, 06:18 PM   #17
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmdub130 View Post
do you dislike brady? because he gets away with everything

and do you realy think he thinks people owe him something, i never really picked that up
LOL. No, I was just making the connection between SolidSnake rooting for the old man on the football field and this
Old 12-15-2009, 07:53 PM   #18
mlmdub130
Playmaker

^gotcha

ST21
mlmdub130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 08:02 AM   #19
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

Quote:
A careless left turn by an elderly driver left one man dead this week in a car accident Stevens City, Virginia. Charles Clevenger, and 88-year-old resident of Stevens City, was making a left turn into his driveway off of Tasker Road but did not see an oncoming car approaching that was driven by 25-year-old Josh Doll of Winchester, VA. The accident occurred at about 5:20 p.m. on Wednesday evening.

Doll, who was driving a Jeep without a top and who was not wearing a seatbelt, was ejected from his vehicle and his body was then pinned under Clevenger's Taurus. Stephens City Volunteer Fire and Rescue Assistant Chief John Jones explained that a Medevac helicopter was initially called to the scene but was then told to turn back when rescuers confirmed that Doll had died at the scene of the rollover accident.

As investigators from the Virginia State Police reconstructed the scene, skid marks indicated that Doll attempted to stop his southbound vehicle before striking the vehicle headed northbound. Clevenger was not hurt in the accident and watched the rescue team work from a lawn chair in his front yard. Clevenger was described by eyewitnesses as having no response. It took about an hour to extract Doll's body from the scene of the rollover accident, as the two cars involved in the deadly crash were entangled.
thats from an article in May of this year, when Josh died. Smoot was asking about the details...

Charles Clevenger was a stephens city man that many people knew. He had lost his license years ago, and had to be on full-time oxygen. No one knew why he decided to drive that day, but it was believed he was headed to the bowman library. (Allegedly clevenger hadn't drove in years)

A good friend of mine watched the whole accident unfold from her front yard. Clevenger got out of his car, walked over and sat down in a lawn chair, with Josh's body still pinned underneath his car. To our knowledge, he has never issued an apology, or been the least bit remorseful over what happened. Josh left behind a loving wife, and was expecting their first child..
Old 12-16-2009, 08:09 AM   #20
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Truly deeply sorry for your loss sir. It sounds horrific, and immensely painful for you, the wife, and first child.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 08:15 AM   #21
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

Its ok...i was still a member over at extreme skins when it happened, and we grieved him there because alot of the members knew him. I had known Josh since elementary school, and played in the worship band at our church together before i stopped going/backsliding in 2007. It had me really hating old people as a whole for a long time...but i'm over it now and am only slightly jaded when things like this happen today...i know it sounds like discrimination when i say the laws need to get tougher when you get older, but here in VA we dont really have any kind of testing to see if people are medically/physically sound enough to keep their license...

related info: another horrible example of someone who should have been off the road years ago
George Russell Weller - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Weller was who was behind the "farmer's market massacre" that left numerous people dead and dozens injured. This guy never went to jail because he was "too old"....

That has nothing to do with josh, but i wanted members to be able to see kind of where i am coming from when i say that we need some kind of checking system....

apologies to mods if this is getting it too off topic, i would make a new thread, but i dont want it to be in bad taste or just taking up space on the board, but i wanted people to see where i was coming from
Old 12-16-2009, 08:34 AM   #22
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake84 View Post
thats from an article in May of this year, when Josh died. Smoot was asking about the details...

Charles Clevenger was a stephens city man that many people knew. He had lost his license years ago, and had to be on full-time oxygen. No one knew why he decided to drive that day, but it was believed he was headed to the bowman library. (Allegedly clevenger hadn't drove in years)

A good friend of mine watched the whole accident unfold from her front yard. Clevenger got out of his car, walked over and sat down in a lawn chair, with Josh's body still pinned underneath his car. To our knowledge, he has never issued an apology, or been the least bit remorseful over what happened. Josh left behind a loving wife, and was expecting their first child..
Did the old guy have dementia?
Old 12-16-2009, 08:52 AM   #23
53Fan
Franchise Player

I agree completely about testing older folks Snake. My mother has alzheimers and in the early stages she still drove. I went with her to the post office one time and when she pulled out onto the road she went straight across into the oncoming lane and proceeded like she was in the correct lane. Of course I was freaking out a little and had a long talk with my dad. She no longer drove after that. There should be testing after a certain age and doctors should be allowed to contact DMV about patients who have been diagnosed with dementia.
Old 12-16-2009, 09:09 AM   #24
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
Did the old guy have dementia?
they didnt say, but one could guess that at 88, he could certainly have been in the early stages. The baffling thing is that much like Russell Weller, Clevenger showed no remorse and seemed to be almost dumbfounded at what happened.
Old 12-16-2009, 09:50 AM   #25
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake84 View Post
they didnt say, but one could guess that at 88, he could certainly have been in the early stages. The baffling thing is that much like Russell Weller, Clevenger showed no remorse and seemed to be almost dumbfounded at what happened.
Hell, at 88 he could be full blown out of his head.

Just from the sound of things how he didn't show remorse and didn't seem to realize what he did, seems an awful lot like dementia.