Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Suisham released, Gano new kicker

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 12-08-2009, 01:01 PM   #16
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Re: Suisham released, Gano new kicker

I like the move, again, it gives us real game film to evaluate him. Suisham had definitely enough opportunities. My concern would be how the decision was made {see other thread}
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-08-2009, 01:01 PM   #17
firstdown
Living Legend

There is a reason he is not on a team.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 01:03 PM   #18
KLHJ2
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
Yeah, because his season ended already.
KLHJ2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 01:05 PM   #19
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longtimefan View Post
A3-9 football team releasing it's kicker with four games remaining in the season may be a first. I don't know that I remember anything like that happening before. Could have, I just don't remember.
Well if he lives up to his hype then we have a steal. He has a few actual live games to get a customed to the NFL and for us to evaluate him prior to next season. Like I said already if he works out then maybe our PK spot is set for several yrs and all we have to worry about is OL, QB, RB, and LB.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 01:05 PM   #20
Longtimefan
Playmaker

Quote:
Tell me about it.
Longtimefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 01:05 PM   #21
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Well, one is simply that teams in preseason are likely to go with who they know. That basically is why the Skins kept Suisham. Kickers rotate around the league until they find a home. I hope this guy pans out, if not, bring on the next leg.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 01:06 PM   #22
Gmanc711
Thank You, Sean.

Had to be done in my opinion. I mean I've been very critical of Suisham over the years, have heard he's an awesome guy and really wish him nothing but the best as long as he's not playing against us... but this is a move that HAS to be made. Its time for people on this team to be held accountable for their poor play and I feel like too much on the Redskins, guys have spots handed to them when other guys are out performing them all over the place (I'm looking at you, Clinton Portis)... I just feel like there is no accountability sometimes... This is obviously just a fans perspective and really, what the hell do I know? In Suishams case, I've just seen the guy miss too many big feild goals for the Redskins, some of which I say directly led to the loss. Yeah other guys screwed up all over the place, but the Washington Redskins beat the New Orleans Saints last Sunday and the kicker blew it. Thats 100% on him in my book. Again, I wish the guy nothing but the best, but this is pro football, and you need to either be benched (or in a kickers case, cut) when you're not performing. Bottom line.
Gmanc711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 01:09 PM   #23
saden1
MVP

You miss an easy field goal you should be cut. If I cared about Suisham I would wish him luck but I don't,

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 01:12 PM   #24
Longtimefan
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
Well if he lives up to his hype then we have a steal. He has a few actual live games to get a customed to the NFL and for us to evaluate him prior to next season. Like I said already if he works out then maybe our PK spot is set for several yrs and all we have to worry about is OL, QB, RB, and LB.
I'm sure we'll be looking foreward to seeing him on Sunday in Oakland. I hope the guy pans out and can provide stability at a position that has become a revolving door for us the past several years.
Longtimefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 01:18 PM   #25
mlmdub130
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehardskin2982 View Post
what makes you think that?
some one pointed out the base salary for a vet kicker in the league in another thread, and i wanna say it was a little over a million, hard to say i feel sorry about that

ST21
mlmdub130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 01:21 PM   #26
SouperMeister
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmanc711 View Post
Had to be done in my opinion. I mean I've been very critical of Suisham over the years, have heard he's an awesome guy and really wish him nothing but the best as long as he's not playing against us... but this is a move that HAS to be made. Its time for people on this team to be held accountable for their poor play and I feel like too much on the Redskins, guys have spots handed to them when other guys are out performing them all over the place (I'm looking at you, Clinton Portis)... I just feel like there is no accountability sometimes... This is obviously just a fans perspective and really, what the hell do I know? In Suishams case, I've just seen the guy miss too many big feild goals for the Redskins, some of which I say directly led to the loss. Yeah other guys screwed up all over the place, but the Washington Redskins beat the New Orleans Saints last Sunday and the kicker blew it. Thats 100% on him in my book. Again, I wish the guy nothing but the best, but this is pro football, and you need to either be benched (or in a kickers case, cut) when you're not performing. Bottom line.
Accountability - a word I keep coming back to. I was definitely in favor of this. You can't have a kicker who is unreliable with the game on the line, and Suisham has certainly missed more than he has made in big situations. Furthermore, I want to see Landry held accountable for abandoning his first assignment to protect against the quick strike TD (twice). I'm not saying cut the guy, but with his continued antics after every tackle, he clearly has a high opinion of himself relative to his real value to the team. I'm NOT saying cut Landry, but Rogers was benched for similar plays, so why not give Landry a time out to think about his role in this difficult season, and more importantly, becoming a better team player.
SouperMeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 01:23 PM   #27
InsaneBoost
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Feel bad for Suisham but you can't miss 23 yarders if you plan on kicking in the NFL.
I don't, dude has lost us 3 huge games this year now.

InsaneBoost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 01:23 PM   #28
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Just hope we address kicker in the offseason if this guy doesnt work out...

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 01:39 PM   #29
maroonandblack30
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneBoost View Post
I don't, dude has lost us 3 huge games this year now.
3? Dallas and Saints....whats the 3rd?
maroonandblack30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 01:40 PM   #30
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

Suisham makes me think of Scott Norwood...we will always remember him for the kick that cost us the chance to beat the unbeaten saints....and possibly a playoff chance (if we were to somehow finish 8-8)

Good luck to him, though....