Sam or clausen either one Id be glad
Old 12-01-2009, 03:21 PM   #2
Big C
Mr. Brightside

Re: Bradford still leads, Locker Clausen gain

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Sam or clausen either one Id be glad
clausen will be a much better pro than bradford imo. id be happy with clausen, suh, or o-line in the first round. otherwise not so much.
Old 12-01-2009, 03:24 PM   #3
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

No on suh... We must draft a qb or ol in first rd... Bradford is legit and so is clausen so we should be able to get one of those guys
Old 12-01-2009, 03:26 PM   #4
Big C
Mr. Brightside

Quote:
No on suh... We must draft a qb or ol in first rd... Bradford is legit and so is clausen so we should be able to get one of those guys
you live in big 12 country, you know how dominant suh is. imagine he and haynesworth paired up in the middle. thats would just be incredible.
Old 12-01-2009, 03:35 PM   #5
53Fan
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big C View Post
you live in big 12 country, you know how dominant suh is. imagine he and haynesworth paired up in the middle. thats would just be incredible.
I agree with you 100% that it would be incredible and being someone who LOVES defense it makes me drool just thinking about it. But a d-line made up with all #1 picks and an 0-line made up with UDFA's isn't going to get us very far. This offense needs some SERIOUS help on the 0-line. At some point we need to stop taking what we want, and start drafting what we NEED.
Old 12-01-2009, 03:47 PM   #6
rstone1979
Special Teams

I would take clausen and get charlie weis as our offensive coordinator
rstone1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 11:50 PM   #7
53Fan
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big C View Post
I watched Texas and Nebraska play tonight and Suh...is INCREDIBLE! I wished I hadn't of watched because we need o-line, but now visions fill my head of him and AH playing side by side. With those 2 in the middle and Orakpo and Jarmon on the ends...OMG. That dude is DOMINANT!
Old 12-05-2009, 11:52 PM   #8
Big C
Mr. Brightside

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53Fan View Post
I watched Texas and Nebraska play tonight and Suh...is INCREDIBLE! I wished I hadn't of watched because we need o-line, but now visions fill my head of him and AH playing side by side. With those 2 in the middle and Orakpo and Jarmon on the ends...OMG. That dude is DOMINANT!
Yes! my point exactly. we need o-line, very true, but suh is absolutely inhuman. he and big al in the middle would be absolutely impenetrable. hes still the player i want in the first round.
Old 12-05-2009, 11:55 PM   #9
Kalisto2010
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53Fan View Post
Yeah, Suh was a beast tonight. I can't see anyone not taking him with the number one pick. I thought Clausen was a lock, but after tonight I'm switching to Suh.
Kalisto2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 12:11 AM   #10
53Fan
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalisto2010 View Post
Yeah, Suh was a beast tonight. I can't see anyone not taking him with the number one pick. I thought Clausen was a lock, but after tonight I'm switching to Suh.
Well it's rare that a DT is taken with the #1 pick but this guy is unbelievable. He's one of the best I've seen...ever.
Old 12-01-2009, 04:24 PM   #11
mlmdub130
Playmaker

Quote:
last time i checked they were both still in college, so how are they legit??

we have to go oline first round, and grab pike in the second

ST21
mlmdub130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 01:10 AM   #12
AYJAX
Camp Scrub

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmdub130 View Post
last time i checked they were both still in college, so how are they legit??

we have to go oline first round, and grab pike in the second
I agree with Pike being a great 2nd or 3rd round pick, but if we do get a QB we need to give them time to learn the system and not just throw him in there. The reason i like Pike is that he is playing great with team that is not a power house. teams like Texas, USC, Florida, Oklahoma and Ohio st. always have the a hell of a lot of talent, so its hard to tell if its the QB or just the talent around him. not to say Gillard and Wood are not great recievers for Pike, but QB's at non-cream-of-the-crop schools have to do better with a little less supporting cast in there college years. All this said we still need Campbell back next tio have some sort of consistancy in the broken system we have now.

and Charles Brown should be our first pick.
AYJAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 09:00 AM   #13
mlmdub130
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYJAX View Post
I agree with Pike being a great 2nd or 3rd round pick, but if we do get a QB we need to give them time to learn the system and not just throw him in there. The reason i like Pike is that he is playing great with team that is not a power house. teams like Texas, USC, Florida, Oklahoma and Ohio st. always have the a hell of a lot of talent, so its hard to tell if its the QB or just the talent around him. not to say Gillard and Wood are not great recievers for Pike, but QB's at non-cream-of-the-crop schools have to do better with a little less supporting cast in there college years. All this said we still need Campbell back next tio have some sort of consistancy in the broken system we have now.

in no way shape or form am i say throw pike in there, the kid is fragile he needs a solid oline, but he has a great feild of vision, and he can throw on the move. and is very accurate down feild. and he does have a supporting cast they threw collaras in there and he did great as well.

that said i really would love to pick him up in the late second to thrid round assuming we make some moves

as far as campbell i hope he comes back too, kind of doubt it though, but i am done with wco we need a new system it does not fit our team personel at all

ST21
mlmdub130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 09:21 AM   #14
Big C
Mr. Brightside

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmdub130 View Post
in no way shape or form am i say throw pike in there, the kid is fragile he needs a solid oline, but he has a great feild of vision, and he can throw on the move. and is very accurate down feild. and he does have a supporting cast they threw collaras in there and he did great as well.

that said i really would love to pick him up in the late second to thrid round assuming we make some moves

as far as campbell i hope he comes back too, kind of doubt it though, but i am done with wco we need a new system it does not fit our team personel at all
i like pike, but im also wary of spread qbs coming to the nfl. cincinatti runs a spread offense, so we will see how long it takes him to make proper reads in a pro-style offense. thats one reason i really like clausen. he can make all the throws, and comes from a pro-style offense, his learning curve will be less than any of the others.
Old 12-02-2009, 10:14 PM   #15
GusFrerotte

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYJAX View Post

Overhyped college QBs rarely liveup to the hype in the NFL after Peyton came into the league. Rodgers really wasn't overhyped, Rivers wasn't either. Eli was indeed overhyped and is living up to the set trend thus far. I know he got a ring already, but he isn't going to get another one anytime soon. JC is a decent QB, just doesn't have what it takes to take control of the team or situation to pull out a close game.
GusFrerotte is offline   Reply With Quote