Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-28-2009, 08:24 AM   #16
skins89moss
Playmaker

Re: Does Joe Bugel still have it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Tee View Post
How about this novel idea???

Let the next coach who comes in next bring HIS OWN COACHES to the team and have him fill out his coaching ranks instead of doing him "a favor" by hiring a partial staff list of former coaching greats.

Seriously...the fact that people, not you skins89moss, are choosing coaches to stay like they're in a school lunch a la carte line is more of the same Snyder-tactics if you ask me.

Teams bring in coaches because they are qualified to coach and manage the execution of their team, TO INCLUDE THE COACHING STAFF.
[/I]
I agree that the new coach should select his coaching staff unlike Zorn because Gibbs retired and Synder did not want Greg Williams. He was turned down by qualified coaches but unstead settle on Zorn. Greg Williams would not stand for Synders BS I believe that was the main reason he was not consider. Just My opinion.

Advertisements
Old 09-28-2009, 08:26 AM   #17
skins89moss
Playmaker

Ok I'm off work at 6am and will go home and crash out. I wonder when I wake up will there be a breaking news on ESPN that states Redskins fired HC, or DC. Be back on tonight.
Old 09-28-2009, 08:26 AM   #18
Longtimefan
Playmaker

I don't think Bugel is the problem as far as the ineffectivness of the OL, it would be great if he had some better players to work with. It's no secret why Samuels is our best O-lineman, the best we do after him is two 3rd rounders and a FA as starters.
Longtimefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 08:27 AM   #19
djnemo65
Playmaker

It wasn't like our offensive line deficiencies were a secret going into this year. Whether Bugel still has it or not I don't know, but it seems ridiculous to call for his job as a result of the poor play of what everybody already knew was by far our weakest unit.
djnemo65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 08:28 AM   #20
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by skins89moss View Post
Ok I'm off work at 6am and will go home and crash out. I wonder when I wake up will there be a breaking news on ESPN that states Redskins fired HC, or DC. Be back on tonight.
I wouldn't lose any sleep over it, chances are nobody is getting canned.
Old 09-28-2009, 08:29 AM   #21
skins89moss
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longtimefan View Post
I don't think Bugel is the problem as far as the ineffectivness of the OL, it would be great if he had some better players to work with. It's no secret why Samuels is our best O-lineman, the best we do after him is two 3rd rounders and a FA as starters.
Ok so yiou think he gets a free pass. Unlike Zorn and Blache who are on the hot seat. Im just saying he has the rep. for being a great O-Line coach in the past but maybe he has lost his edge to coach up our players.
Old 09-28-2009, 08:55 AM   #22
redsk1
The Starter

Yes, the COACH should pick all of his coaches.

Before the season i thought that the key to our season was our run game. Well, three games in and I'm not impressed at all. I'm grading our run game a D+ at the moment.

On the 4 and 1 play yesterday a run call was not a horrible call but (before Brian Billick called it) i was thinking it would be a great play time for play action. We ran it and our oline got stuffed.
redsk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 09:01 AM   #23
Longtimefan
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skins89moss View Post
Ok so yiou think he gets a free pass. Unlike Zorn and Blache who are on the hot seat. Im just saying he has the rep. for being a great O-Line coach in the past but maybe he has lost his edge to coach up our players.
I'm a firm believer in the old saying "A carpenter is only as good as his tools" Nothing from nothing leaves nothing. Bugel and his OL are in need of better talent, watching the line perform over the last eleven games reinforces that inescapeable fact.
Longtimefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 09:21 AM   #24
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Do I dare to say that Buffalo is playing with a make-shift offensive line, and they have put up more of a fight than our team?
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 09:21 AM   #25
12thMan
MVP

Well bottom line Buges ain't getting it done. Good tools or not. There are and continue to be very cabable assistants in this league that get it done no matter what, year in and year out. Sure we haven't drafted offensive lineman in the top rounds in years, but how come Buges wasn't making his case? And if he was, why is it that no one was listening?

It's a crying shame we're seeing Clinton Portis, who could potentially break the Redskins all time rushing record, not able to get one yard in crunch time. Sure there's plenty of blame to go around, but you have to look at leadership first and you have to look at your coaching staff. What absolutely boggles the mind is that none of Zorn's assistant head coaches are his folks. He was essentially handed Gibbs 2.0 leftovers and told to make do. Man.

But the bigger story here is that nothing brings out the cracks in the facade like losing.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 09:24 AM   #26
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
Well bottom line Buges ain't getting it done. Good tools or not. There are and continue to be very cabable assistants in this league that get it done no matter what, year in and year out. Sure we haven't drafted offensive lineman in the top rounds in years, but how come Buges wasn't making his case? And if he was, why is it that no one was listening?

It's a crying shame we're seeing Clinton Portis, who could potentially break the Redskins all time rushing record, not able to get one yard in crunch time. Sure there's plenty of blame to go around, but you have to look at leadership first and you have to look at your coaching staff. What absolutely boggles the mind is that none of Zorn's assistant head coaches are his folks. He was essentially handed Gibbs 2.0 leftovers and told to make do. Man.

But the bigger story here is that nothing brings out the cracks in the facade like losing.
I don't think Clinton Portis is scaring any defenses though.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 09:25 AM   #27
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
I don't think Clinton Portis is scaring any defenses though.
No but we're certainly not making much of an effort to get the ground game going.
Old 09-28-2009, 09:31 AM   #28
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Is now the time to start worrying about the O-line? Because going into the season lot of people thought we were fine and even a few thought we could be one of the strongest in the league. Buges isnt the problem. Its these jackasses Vinny, Zorn, and Snyder making a decisions not to draft or pursue free agents. I love our team, but hate our FO. Reinhart is a joke. Heyer can pass protect but can run block. Our running game sucks. Pass protection has been average. Rabauch is an average player. Samuels I love to death, but he is getting up there with age. Dock has been solid, except for false starting at our home games. Did this FO watch the end of last season? Jesus, our Oline SUCKED! FO WAKE UP!!
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 10:26 AM   #29
Pocket$ $traight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
Bugel still has it, what he doesn't have is the horses to run with.

I agree with this.

We need a truly dominant lineman on the right side and we just don't have it, in the lineup or on the bench. The present version of Randy Thomas wasn't dominant going into the season so it isn't like that injury can be pointed to.

Our running game is only marginally effective on one side and defensive coordinators are well aware of this.
Pocket$ $traight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 01:09 PM   #30
Sheriff Gonna Getcha
Franchise Player

If you supply the chef with ****, don't complain when he gives you a **** sandwich. Aside from Samuels, who is aging, we don't have a single offensive lineman who I would call "solid." Dockery gets flagged too often, isn't great in pass protection, and doesn't maul people like he should when run blocking. Rabach is a mediocre center. Rinehart is totally unproven. Heyer is subpar; I've never understood why people thought this guy was anything better than a decent backup. We've got talent at other positions, but the offensive line is pretty awful.
Sheriff Gonna Getcha is offline   Reply With Quote