Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Better Rookie Season Stats Griffin or Luck?

Locker Room Main Forum

View Poll Results: Which QB Will Have Better Rookie Season Stats?
andrew luck 5 6.25%
ROBERT GRIFFIN III QB OF YOUR WASHINGTON REDSKINS!!!!!!! 75 93.75%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-19-2012, 10:38 AM   #16
Evilgrin
The Starter

Re: Better Rookie Season Stats Griffin or Luck?

I agree with alot of the people that say Luck, because he'll be throwing a ton on that awful team. When he isn't running for his life...
Evilgrin is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 05-19-2012, 11:48 AM   #17
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHQUAKE2689 View Post
Griffin: 3,542 yards 22TDs 13Ints 544 rushing yards 5TDs

Luck: 3,318 yards 19TDs 15Ints
I'd be down for that every year
Old 05-19-2012, 01:19 PM   #18
REDSKINS4ever
Playmaker

Griffin III will have the better statical year because he has a better offensive line and more reliable weapons to throw to.
REDSKINS4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 01:27 PM   #19
SirClintonPortis
Pro Bowl

Griffin probably would. We have a pass-happy offense and an Oline entering the critical Year 3 of coagulation in this scheme.

Virtuosity remembered, douchebaggery forgotten.

The ideal character profile shoved down modern Western men and women's throats is Don Juan.
SirClintonPortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 01:52 PM   #20
SirClintonPortis
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHQUAKE2689 View Post
Just to tickle my fancy, whose stats are those you posted? It's not Albert Pujos. Yeah not buying the lineman or running game being equal or theirs being better.
Haha, football debates are mostly about "maybe this, maybe that" because conclusive evidence is so hard to come by.

It is reckless to make absolute statements about OL play because the stats don't do justice in showing what is occuring on the field. Many confounding variables need to be considered before making the final conclusion. If that does not occur, then questioning the conclusion is to be expected due to demand for better evidence.

It's like having boob size measurements but you don't get to see the rest of the girl's body. If she's fat as hell, well, too bad. lol

Virtuosity remembered, douchebaggery forgotten.

The ideal character profile shoved down modern Western men and women's throats is Don Juan.
SirClintonPortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 02:21 PM   #21
SBXVII
Franchise Player

The Colts are in rebuild mode and although MS/Allen said we were not in rebuild mode for the last 2 yrs he has purged the team of basically all the old players and brought in new young healthy ones. Also this is the 3rd yr for the team to be in the same system/scheme so the players should know their rolls better and from what I saw of the OL last year it got better as the year went on.

The Colts on the other hand I doubt they stick to the same system/scheme and I'd expect the new HC to be building around his system.

So I believe RG3 will have better stats and for obvious reasons have the better teams. I think it will be like this for a few yrs as well until the Colts get all the pieces to their puzzle they need. However in the long run I think RG3 will have gotten better and by that point both QB's will be on level footing when it comes to stats since by that point RG3 will have had 2-3 yrs to catch up.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 04:18 PM   #22
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitalDefense View Post
Cousins

Weeden.

Shameless self-promotion. It is what it is.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 05:40 PM   #23
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

Secret Answer C. Thats C as in Chase Daniel

"This whole team, the community, the fans, everybody misses Drew, but we also realize right now we have to move on without him. Is a deal going to get done? Yes, I have faith. But right now it's a great opportunity for myself to go in, show the type of skills I've [gained] ... and really earn the trust of the guys.”

-- Saints QB Chase Daniel

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 08:39 PM   #24
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

Funny thing about the offseason is we hear all of these stories, rumors, etc but never seem to go back and check up on them. This got me thinking about the Haslett story from earlier in the offseason.

I Ran Into Jim Haslett and We Talked QB Draft, Manning, Trading Up - Hogs Haven
Quote:
They are not interested in Matt Flynn. I am eating major crow here. I have written several posts outlining why I was convinced that Matt Flynn was going to be the Redskin's next QB. I am no Nostradamus. When I asked about Flynn, he said he was a below average QB coming out of college, with poor arm strength, balls hitting the ground, etc. The sense around the front office is that he did little to erase that evaluation and that his success against the Lions on January 1, 2012 was more of an anomaly than the norm.

With the exception of Luck and RG111, they have been very disappointed by the QB's in this year's draft class. He didn't elaborate on where he saw these QB's up close (I'm thinking the Senior Bowl.) But contrary to many thoughts, Foles, Tannehill, Moore, Weeden, Wilson, among many others none were impressive. Haslett said at least twice, that they were discouraged by this year's QB class.

They are strongly considering trading up with St. Louis Rams. He said, they have already talked with Jeff Fisher about the possibility. He did not elaborate on the details, other than to say they had talked with Fisher and are serious about getting a good QB. So again, I am eating crow, since I thought the Redskins would trade down for extra picks. They are not trading down, since they do not believe the QB's in the later rounds are talented enough to lead the team. Haslett believes the team is good enough to win, if they just had one of the two talented QB's at top.

The Redskins are also seriously looking at acquiring Peyton Manning. According to Haslett, Allen has some connections with some people in Indianapolis and mentioned discussions surrounding Peyton in a Redskins uniform have already begun behind the scenes.

Rex Grossman might remain as backup. Although Haslett did not commit to this, he did say they liked Rex's knowledge of the offense and his ability to move the ball. Unfortunately, he acknowledged these abilities come with an average of 3-4 costly turnovers per game.
So lets review. IIRC Flynn didn't even come in for a free agent visit. They said many times that they fell in love with the top 2 QB's in the draft though they did seem to be okay with Weeden. They traded up with St. Louis. They contacted Peyton Manning to arrange a visit after trading with St. Louis. And they brought back Sexy Rexy.

Kudos to the Pastor.

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 10:01 PM   #25
SkinzWin
Playmaker

Who cares about who will had a better season, has anyone seen the new Dick's Sporting Goods commercial featuring RGIII with Adidas shoes?

RGIII - "What Light Can Do" - adidas adizero sonic - Available only at Dick's Sporting Goods - YouTube
Sean Taylor #21 a Redskin forever...

Team Heinicke Fan Club
punch it in - CEO
SkinzWin - President
FrenchSkin - VP of Global Operations
ODUsmitty - Director of Cheerleader Fulfillment
Meks - Director of Marketing
SkinzWin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 10:32 PM   #26
los panda
Pro Bowl

i can dig it
Old 05-19-2012, 11:10 PM   #27
REDSKINS4ever
Playmaker

Many NFL analysts are predicting that Andrew Luck will show flashes of greatness as a rookie NFL quarterback, but he's also going to struggle because of the lack of play makers that he has around him. The Colts cleaned house in the offseason in an attempt to start over and build around Luck. They didn't bring back a lot of offensive players who were vital to the team's offensive production in recent seasons.
REDSKINS4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 11:13 PM   #28
The Goat
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30gut View Post
Pretty simple our running games was 25th w/4.0 ypc theirs was 26th w/4.2 ypc hence on par.
Lead backs: (them) Donald Brown 645 yds 4.8 ypc/Roy Helu 640 yds 4.2 ypc

I showed the stats behind my opinion of our respective OLs coupled with the fact that they're adding a starters at OG/OT.

Funny how I've never said the above nor is the above topic brought up in this thread.

However this question, which is stated is:
What type of rookie season production does Luck need to justify the 'best prospect since' hype? (60.0%--4,051yds--7.8ypa--21 TDs--17 Ints--84.5 Rating +706 rush yds--14 rush TDs)
Well reasoned and convincing; however, Shanny still has to be given the benefit of the doubt can put together a serious rushing attack, and probably gives us the edge on that one. The bigger question is whether we'll (finally) see his offense (what I want) instead of Kyle's past first, second and third offense (bit o sarcasm). Anybody who says we've had a balanced attack isn't paying attention...hopefully this is the year.
Old 05-19-2012, 11:34 PM   #29
30gut
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
The Colts are in rebuild mode....The Colts on the other hand I doubt they stick to the same system/scheme and I'd expect the new HC to be building around his system.
There is no doubt the Colts are in rebuild mode however that doesn't preclude them from fielding a good offense.
It didn't stop the Panthers offense nor the Bengals offense from being productive in year 1 of a new OC/QB.

Quote:
So I believe RG3 will have better stats and for obvious reasons have the better teams.
Out of curiosity what are the obvious reason because I honestly don't see any obvious reasons other then schematic continuity.
30gut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 11:38 PM   #30
30gut
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirClintonPortis View Post
Griffin probably would. We have a pass-happy offense and an Oline entering the critical Year 3 of coagulation in this scheme.
But, the Colts also feature a pass happy offense with an OL at least on par with our own that has added or is returning more pieces then our OL.
30gut is offline   Reply With Quote