Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Raheem Morris

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-21-2012, 10:31 PM   #16
donofriose
The Starter

Re: Raheem Morris

Our pass rush/depth is a huge issue. I think the biggest issue is Allen and how he assembled the secondary. He got a bunch of free agents and acted like they should mesh and play well together. We have no pass rush, we have terrible personal and they were assembled terribly, we have no corners that can cover consistently, what will that mean? Awful Defense. We also don't have a d-coordinator smart enough to come up with clever blitzes, but if we had personal we would not need that.
donofriose is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-21-2012, 10:31 PM   #17
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
By the way, do people realize we have 8 INTs and 3 defensive TDs in 7 games?
There's a lot of good things about this defense that shouldn't change. For example, we're a tough defense to prepare for in terms of scheme. Those who are prepared tend to do well, but not every offense comes ready to play.
Old 10-21-2012, 10:41 PM   #18
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbanerjee23 View Post
#26 in total defense, #29 in points per game, and #32 (dead last) in passing yards per game. Kansas City, Buffalo and Cleveland are the 3 teams with the most Ints -- they are 5-15. Not saying that more INTs correlate with losing, just saying it doesn't come close to redeeming the defense's generally terrible performance this season.
Well we got two INTs in today's game and all of the offense could do is muster 3 points off those turnovers. Let's not forget that after one of those INTs, RG3 went to throw a horrendous pick after we have gotten the ball.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 10:48 PM   #19
rbanerjee23
The Starter

Quote:
Well we got two INTs in today's game and all of the offense could do is muster 3 points off those turnovers. Let's not forget that after one of those INTs, RG3 went to throw a horrendous pick after we have gotten the ball.
RG3 and the offense more than redeemed themselves for their mistakes when they scored the go-ahead touchdown on a 77 yard drive that took up a minute and a half and left less than 2 minutes on the clock. The defense played pretty well all game and the offense didn't capitalize on their opportunities, granted, but the game was lost on one play and RG3 and the offense weren't on the field when it happened. There is absolutely nothing you can say in defense of the Redskins defense today.

-Mike Shanahan

HTTR
rbanerjee23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 10:55 PM   #20
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
RG3 and the offense more than redeemed themselves for their mistakes when they scored the go-ahead touchdown on a 77 yard drive that took up a minute and a half and left less than 2 minutes on the clock. The defense played pretty well all game and the offense didn't capitalize on their opportunities, granted, but the game was lost on one play and RG3 and the offense weren't on the field when it happened. There is absolutely nothing you can say in defense of the Redskins defense today.
RG3 and the offense had to come up with heroics at the end because of their earlier miscues. I am not trying to say the our defense is good, I am saying that our offense is not good enough to overcome their mistakes for 3 quarters of the game and one big mistake by the defense at the end of the game. New England may be able to do that, or Green Bay or even last year's Saints, but not our offense.

Since the big f*ck up happened to the most criticized unit of the defense, people are forgetting the many errors that the offense made earlier in the game.

In the end, you cannot win the game by turning the ball over 3 times, not converting points off turnovers, and going 0-2 in the redzone against a team that is really good at coming back and has outscored its opponents in the 4th quarter all season.
R.I.P. #21
Old 10-21-2012, 10:56 PM   #21
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

Quote:
RG3 and the offense had to come up with heroics at the end because of their earlier miscues. I am not trying to say the our defense is good, I am saying that our offense is not good enough to overcome their mistakes for 3 quarters of the game and one big mistake by the defense at the end of the game. New England may be able to do that, or Green Bay or even last year's Saints, but not our offense.

Since the big f*ck up happened to the most criticized unit of the defense, people are forgetting the many errors that the offense made earlier in the game.

In the end, you cannot win the game by turning the ball over 3 times, not converting points off turnovers, and going 0-2 in the redzone against a team that is really good at coming back and has outscored its opponents in the 4th quarter all season.
I had forgotten all about the first series, where the drive stalled at the 2 yard line. Boy, that kinda hurts.

I've been a part of this message board for 17 years. Damn I'm old.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 11:01 PM   #22
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamiteRave View Post
I had forgotten all about the first series, where the drive stalled at the 2 yard line. Boy, that kinda hurts.
And the 3rd and 5 on the 17 yd line that ended in a -8 yd sack.
R.I.P. #21
Old 10-21-2012, 11:02 PM   #23
rbanerjee23
The Starter

Quote:

That's where you are mistaken -- despite all their mistakes, with 1:30 left in the game THEY WERE WINNING!! so your basic premise is wrong.

-Mike Shanahan

HTTR
Old 10-21-2012, 11:05 PM   #24
skinsfan69
Living Legend

I remember when we were signing all these cast offs and I was just shaking my head. I knew this was going to be a long year in the secondary. We have no push rush and no pass defense. Even Fletcher at times looked old and slow.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 11:08 PM   #25
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
That's where you are mistaken -- despite all their mistakes, with 1:30 left in the game THEY WERE WINNING!! so your basic premise is wrong.
You don't beat teams like the Giants with small leads and our defense is not good enough to protect small leads. You can continue to be simple-minded and keep harping on just the defense and one big blown coverage. But if our offense doesn't commit these big errors earlier in the game, this game is not even close at the end.
R.I.P. #21
Old 10-21-2012, 11:19 PM   #26
rbanerjee23
The Starter

Quote:
You don't beat teams like the Giants with small leads and our defense is not good enough to protect small leads. You can continue to be simple-minded and keep harping on just the defense and one big blown coverage. But if our offense doesn't commit these big errors earlier in the game, this game is not even close at the end.
So we've resorted to name calling -- the offense played a very average game, mixing long drives with missed opportunities (0-2 in the RZ like you mentioned) and way too many turnovers. The defense played a pretty good game overall forcing Eli into two interceptions. But with about 3 minutes left in the game, the redskins offense marched down the field on a Giants defense that is pretty much the same one that won the SB and suffocated the 49ers (arguably the best team in the NFC). That one drive, in my opinion, made up for their earlier miscues. You mentioned that the had a small lead, true -- but there was also a minute and a half left in the game and the Giants had to go 77 yards. The redskins defense was unable to stop them when it counted and that is what cost the game. You can call me simple-minded if you wish but it doesn't change the fact that the Redskins offense did a bad job not putting the game away, but the Redskins defense actively lost the game.

-Mike Shanahan

HTTR
Old 10-21-2012, 11:24 PM   #27
MTK
\m/

As usual some people put way too much stock in coaching and stuff like play calling.

Talent wins you games in this league. We don't have enough of it in the secondary right now.
Old 10-21-2012, 11:27 PM   #28
redskins4lif
Camp Scrub

I think they should do something kinda what they did with the 3rd year under Gregg Williams the year when sean taylor died. I would just put a saftey in the middle of the field basically a center fielder and tell him make sure no one gets behind you just be the deepest person on the field
redskins4lif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 11:34 PM   #29
FRPLG
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
As usual some people put way too much stock in coaching and stuff like play calling.

Talent wins you games in this league. We don't have enough of it in the secondary right now.
/thread
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 11:35 PM   #30
Bubba305-ST21-
Impact Rookie

ok horrible idea, we have no safety on the roster with that athleticism and range to do that
never another.....R.I.P. Sean T #21
Bubba305-ST21- is offline   Reply With Quote