Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Keep 89 On the Field

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-14-2012, 11:07 PM   #16
That Guy
Living Legend

Re: Keep 89 On the Field

meanwhile, where's garcon been hiding? didn't we pay him, to, you know, make plays?
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-14-2012, 11:12 PM   #17
FRPLG
MVP

His foot is banged up fierce. Hard to be a play maker of any sorts when your foot is in serious pain. They gotta get him healed up soon somehow.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 11:48 PM   #18
CultBrennan59
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
meanwhile, where's garcon been hiding? didn't we pay him, to, you know, make plays?
He has a boo boo on his footsie, a couple of mommy kisses and he should be good to go!
Old 10-15-2012, 12:34 AM   #19
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Where has A. ROBINSON been?
Old 10-15-2012, 12:51 AM   #20
Skinzman
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Where has A. ROBINSON been?
I dont think he was ever cleared after the Merriweather collision. He was knocked out so I assume he has a concussion.
Skinzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 01:08 AM   #21
The Goat
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
This is both an emotional reaction to seeing Santana Moss having success early in this Vikings game, and at the same time a serious assertion that he should be on the field more often for the Redskins - an assertion worthy of its own thread.

I'm glad the Shanahans at least see the value in making sure he's on the field on third downs, after all he's by far our most precise route-runner. Griffin can trust that he'll be exactly where he's supposed to, especially when he needs to read a zone and settle into the right spot.

But what do you think, should Moss have a starting role? Or at least be more heavily utilized?
I think this is high in the running for most insightful thread of the reg season so far Schneed. Moss is our best WR right now, hands down. Garcon may have the potential to our best, but he certainly hasn't shown it up to this point in his career and obviously not with the Redskins. Hankerson is pretty good after the catch but his route, running and "hitch" after the catch limit his effectiveness. Morgan is streaky. I understand the regime's hope one or two of these guys become legit #1 WRs someday, but why ignore the guy out in front right now, based on age or step-child status?

Moss is easily the best route-runner. He's had surprisingly-consistent good hands this season. The smaller girth has given him quickness AND speed, making him easily the quickest WR and arguably the fastest. I would have him on the field as much as his body allows, moving between WR and slot based on match up.
Old 10-15-2012, 09:57 AM   #22
Monkeydad
Living Legend

I agree...it seems when he gets his hands on the ball, he's like a sparkplug for the team. Tough to put into words but he's the proven vet, a leader and there's an emotional lift when he makes plays. He's not the primary receiver any more but he's becoming the clutch guy when we need a play. I hope this continues.

There really isn't enough balls to go around with our deep WRs, which is a good thing. I just hope RGIII doesn't forget about Moss when he needs a play...he's proven and still has it.

I was watching yesterday's game and how RGIII spread the ball around to so many players...and I didn't even think about Garcon being out. He'll be a big playmaking boost when he comes back but losing our #1 WR hasn't hurt us as much as it would hurt most teams. Everyone becomes a potential playmaker when Griffin is throwing to them.
Old 10-15-2012, 10:01 AM   #23
30gut
Playmaker

Moss and Morgan are currently the best WRs on the team and they should be featured as such.

FYI-Moss has more the YAC then Hankerson and Morgan, he's behind Freddy D though

Last edited by 30gut; 10-15-2012 at 11:10 AM.
30gut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 10:51 AM   #24
scowan
The Starter

I just want to know if keeping Garcon out yesterday helps him in anyway on his recovery? I assume this is not a surgical issue, just a "time" issue and maybe a "rest" issue. I have no idea, but I just want to know from you guys if him being IA yesterday helps in his recovery. BTW I know this is a Moss thread, so I'll just say this.... he was Grossman's security blanket last year and he looks like he can be RGIII's as well on those 4 down or 3 down "got to make a play" situations.
scowan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 10:55 AM   #25
FRPLG
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by scowan View Post
I just want to know if keeping Garcon out yesterday helps him in anyway on his recovery? I assume this is not a surgical issue, just a "time" issue and maybe a "rest" issue. I have no idea, but I just want to know from you guys if him being IA yesterday helps in his recovery. BTW I know this is a Moss thread, so I'll just say this.... he was Grossman's security blanket last year and he looks like he can be RGIII's as well on those 4 down or 3 down "got to make a play" situations.
Huh? Why would they keep him out if it wasn't as part of an injury recovery? That doesn't make sense.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 11:39 AM   #26
Daseal
Puppy Kicker

I have to disagree some -- Moss is a liability when running. Him out there can also affect play action. I like him in passing situations, but hate the idea of him as a starter. He's an old guy, lets limit his snaps but definitely look his way out of the slot a lot to let him be effective.
Old 10-15-2012, 12:18 PM   #27
scowan
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRPLG View Post
Huh? Why would they keep him out if it wasn't as part of an injury recovery? That doesn't make sense.
Because they keep saying its just a pain tolerence issue. If that is the case, take some Advil and get out there! He practiced last week on Wed and Thurs and then not on Friday (or limited) then he goes IA? I can't figure out what the story is with this guy. Either practice and play or stop practicing and get healthy. Is he re-injuring his foot with practice?

It's just a mysterious injury to me.
Old 10-15-2012, 12:28 PM   #28
los panda
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by scowan View Post
Because they keep saying its just a pain tolerence issue. If that is the case, take some Advil and get out there! He practiced last week on Wed and Thurs and then not on Friday (or limited) then he goes IA? I can't figure out what the story is with this guy. Either practice and play or stop practicing and get healthy. Is he re-injuring his foot with practice?

It's just a mysterious injury to me.
i think the word was a "setback" during friday's practice. i thought i remembered hearing initially that the original injury would take a long time to come back from? does anyone else remember anything like that?

i wish i had more insight, i've never injured a foot. i guess my main question is why did he play last week if there are still setback risks?

if it's pain, play through it. if it's recovery, don't try until it's recovered.
Old 10-15-2012, 12:41 PM   #29
scowan
The Starter

Garcon would probably love to have a BYE week where he could rest it for 10 days or more.
Old 10-15-2012, 12:49 PM   #30
CrazyCanuck
Serenity Now

I love Santana.

Unfortunately he is our best WR right now and that's not a good thing.

Who is this Garcon guy I keep hearing about?? I see him on the cap sheets but not on the field. The french waiter is officially in my doghouse.
CrazyCanuck is offline   Reply With Quote