Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

2013 Hall of Fame Class

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-28-2012, 12:18 AM   #16
Lynyrd Hankyrsyn

Re: 2013 Hall of Fame Class

This crowd is pretty sensitive. You throw a joke into a 2 post thread and all of a sudden, the whole neighborhood shows up to blast the new guy.
Lynyrd Hankyrsyn is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-28-2012, 12:27 AM   #17
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynyrd Hankyrsyn View Post
This crowd is pretty sensitive. You throw a joke into a 2 post thread and all of a sudden, the whole neighborhood shows up to blast the new guy.
Like I said, people are skeptical because of the timing. But I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt, and others should as well
Old 09-28-2012, 12:35 AM   #18
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Like I said, people are skeptical because of the timing. But I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt, and others should as well
Its not the timing so much as the comments that are way off base. Hell if he is a redskins fan he has a funny way of letting us know. Just in case ill give him the benefit of the doubt too and see where hes at on gameday i guess.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 12:49 AM   #19
Lynyrd Hankyrsyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Its not the timing so much as the comments that are way off base. Hell if he is a redskins fan he has a funny way of letting us know. Just in case ill give him the benefit of the doubt too and see where hes at on gameday i guess.
I posted about the Bucs game because it's the one on the schedule and the top two posts on the forum when I signed up. And if you don't dislike Raheem Morris...I'd like to know why not. This defense was practically top 10 against the pass last year and now they're DEAD LAST in the league. Burke posted about it earlier today over on the Post website. And then I see a post about how Morris should be the DC...and the same guy saying he "has some experience running the 3-4" and I want to shoot myself seeing such nonsense.

Add in the fact that the team should be 3-0 but isn't and our two best defenders are lost for the season, so yeah, my posts aren't going to be about how great it is to be a Skins fan right about now.
Old 09-28-2012, 12:57 AM   #20
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
I posted about the Bucs game because it's the one on the schedule and the top two posts on the forum when I signed up. And if you don't dislike Raheem Morris...I'd like to know why not. This defense was practically top 10 against the pass last year and now they're DEAD LAST in the league. Burke posted about it earlier today over on the Post website. And then I see a post about how Morris should be the DC...and the same guy saying he "has some experience running the 3-4" and I want to shoot myself seeing such nonsense.

Add in the fact that the team should be 3-0 but isn't and our two best defenders are lost for the season, so yeah, my posts aren't going to be about how great it is to be a Skins fan right about now.
You join two days ago at the same time as all the buc trolls with a goofy type name and start jumping from thread to thread posting stuff like.....

The Bucs defense is alot better than the stats indicate. Gerald McCoy gives me the heebeejeebees. Their biggest advantage is that someone conned us into hiring Raheem Morris.

and so if you are expecting me to talk Redskins with you now - it aint happening. Im a huge critic of this team, and am not a homer, but if your not a troll you are troll - like. Ill wait until gameday before I start talking Skins with you.
Old 09-28-2012, 01:12 AM   #21
Lynyrd Hankyrsyn

Quote:
You join two days ago at the same time as all the buc trolls with a goofy type name and start jumping from thread to thread posting stuff like.....

The Bucs defense is alot better than the stats indicate. Gerald McCoy gives me the heebeejeebees. Their biggest advantage is that someone conned us into hiring Raheem Morris.
I love this. It's troll-like to say that a team which has held the Panthers and Cowboys to 10 and 16 points isn't as bad as their stats indicate. It's troll-like to say the guy who sacked Romo two times last week is a scary player. And it's troll-like to say that Raheem Morris is clueless when our pass defense is last in the NFL.

Just listen to "Hail to the Redskins" on repeat if you don't want to hear a fan who doesn't let bias completely cloud judgment of the game of football.
Old 09-28-2012, 01:24 AM   #22
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
I love this. It's troll-like to say that a team which has held the Panthers and Cowboys to 10 and 16 points isn't as bad as their stats indicate. It's troll-like to say the guy who sacked Romo two times last week is a scary player. And it's troll-like to say that Raheem Morris is clueless when our pass defense is last in the NFL.

Just listen to "Hail to the Redskins" on repeat if you don't want to hear a fan who doesn't let bias completely cloud judgment of the game of football.
For one - Gerald Mcoy has been a complete and utter bust. For two - we have played three really good passing teams - and your putting all this blame on Raheem Morris as if Haslett has nothing to do with anything (which is exactly what a TB troll would do). For three - look at what the Panthers and Cowboys have done on offense all year - Romo has had one good half against the Giants and the Panthers lit up the Saints D - other than that they have done squat. So if your arent a troll , than your just filled with over the top sarcasm and looking to get a rise out of everyone. Either way troll or no troll - if you are going to make statements about how great the Tampa Bay D is than read between the lines alittle first. They have played one good offensive team - the Giants - and they got absolutely smoked. That fourth quarter was alot like the second quarter Doug Williams had against the Broncos in the superbowl.
Old 09-28-2012, 05:30 AM   #23
REDSKINS4ever
Playmaker

Gary Clark deserves to be in the Pro Football Hall Of Fame. His numbers are very similar to Michael Irvin's.
REDSKINS4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 08:23 AM   #24
Lynyrd Hankyrsyn

Quote:
For one - Gerald Mcoy has been a complete and utter bust. For two - we have played three really good passing teams - and your putting all this blame on Raheem Morris as if Haslett has nothing to do with anything (which is exactly what a TB troll would do). For three - look at what the Panthers and Cowboys have done on offense all year - Romo has had one good half against the Giants and the Panthers lit up the Saints D - other than that they have done squat. So if your arent a troll , than your just filled with over the top sarcasm and looking to get a rise out of everyone. Either way troll or no troll - if you are going to make statements about how great the Tampa Bay D is than read between the lines alittle first. They have played one good offensive team - the Giants - and they got absolutely smoked. That fourth quarter was alot like the second quarter Doug Williams had against the Broncos in the superbowl.
Lol...McCoy might be a bust but both ESPN and NFLN have done tape break down on him this year. He's not Bruce Smith by any stretch but he had a good game against the Cowboys. I know the schedule hasn't been easy, but to say the Rams are a really good passing team is a complete lie. Haslett is as bad as Morris, but this secondary is the problem right now, except the Saints game where they were good until the final quarter. And I never said the Tampa D is good. That's your fiction. I said they weren't as bad as the OP in that thread described them as basically the worst collection of JV scrubs on the planet. I get that you're a homer wearing a too tight Riggins jersey, but don't worry. I can help you with perspective.
Old 09-28-2012, 08:40 AM   #25
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Lol...McCoy might be a bust but both ESPN and NFLN have done tape break down on him this year. He's not Bruce Smith by any stretch but he had a good game against the Cowboys. I know the schedule hasn't been easy, but to say the Rams are a really good passing team is a complete lie. Haslett is as bad as Morris, but this secondary is the problem right now, except the Saints game where they were good until the final quarter. And I never said the Tampa D is good. That's your fiction. I said they weren't as bad as the OP in that thread described them as basically the worst collection of JV scrubs on the planet. I get that you're a homer wearing a too tight Riggins jersey, but don't worry. I can help you with perspective.
I really dont need your help with anything guy. Again - and this is the last time i will address one of your comments - you are either a troll or just a completely obnoxious debbie downer redskin fan. I dont know which is worse. Please spare me the post this time where you go .......
Lol this is funny ....
Im obnoxious because i think that the tampa d is better than you etc etc.

Last edited by punch it in; 09-28-2012 at 08:55 AM.
Old 09-28-2012, 09:13 AM   #26
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

(1) Lynyrd - I will reiterate what others have said. You joined right after our site had been troll bombed by a bunch of T-Bayers' using screen names that were a play on players' names, just as you appeared to be doing, and starting making comments about Morris, just as you started out doing. You seemed to be following the pattern, hence the skepticism. If you aren't a troll. Welcome. If you are, yay for you.

(2) It's the HOF thread guys. Can we get it back on track?

Last edited by JoeRedskin; 09-28-2012 at 09:51 AM.
JoeRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 09:20 AM   #27
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Don't worry about Lynyrd

And yes, let's get this back on track
Old 09-28-2012, 09:20 AM   #28
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

I just saw the list for the first time.
Jacoby, Clarke and Beathard as a contibutor. Probably not going to happen but how great would that be!
Old 09-28-2012, 09:32 AM   #29
Leader In Sports
Special Teams

Quote:
Jacoby, Clarke and Beathard as a contibutor. Probably not going to happen but how great would that be!

I think all of those names are worthy. Clark (no "e") has an issue because there is such a back log of receivers.

Also, has there ever been an HOF class with more than 2 players from one team? I honestly don't think so, but don't have the time to dig.
Leader In Sports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 09:33 AM   #30
Evilgrin
The Starter

Quote:
Yup, agree, should be in at some point.

If Manley hadn't lost it, he'd be in also.

Also, Culp from what I hear from people that watched him play, was pretty much the best at his position for a couple years.
Evilgrin is offline   Reply With Quote