Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Smoot Lays the Smack Down (Redskins vs. Raiders)

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 12-13-2009, 08:29 PM   #16
WaldSkins
Playmaker

Re: Smoot Lays the Smack Down (Redskins vs. Raiders)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Well you don't put Santana back there full time because he's your #1 wideout, and you don't put Hall back there full time because he's one of your starting corners, and we don't have a lot of depth guys that would make a dependable full time punt returner. It's ARE only because in the scheme of things if he went down we'd still have young depth at wideout to rely on. I doubt he'll be back there next season.
Put Rock back there

Advertisements
Old 12-13-2009, 08:35 PM   #17
SirClintonPortis
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmdub130 View Post
that was fast, i agree completekly with laron and danny smith, laron looked great in the second half but russell was in there, and i don't know wtf is the deal with smith leaving are in there, after that muffed punt he has to be pulled imo
Wes Welker says hi.
SirClintonPortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 08:49 PM   #18
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coff View Post
Would you still be convinced if the Skins win out? And what does the team have to do to earn Zorn one more year?

There are a lot of coaches out there better than Zorn, but it's been a characteristic of the organization to make abrupt coaching changes just when signs of serious improvement are being seen. We saw it with Marty and then with Gibbs when they brought in a new OC.
I believe we're starting to see big improvements with this team and its system.

I wanted Zorn gone as much as anyone six games ago, and I've been an outspoken critic of JC since day one, but I'm starting to think that given the chance for proper maturation, we may have the ingredients for success.

What cannot be denied is that Zorn has this team playing its heart out with absolutely nothing to play for.
Well I did say coaching staff...not necessarily head coach

Seriously though, I go back and forth on it. Zorn seems like a good guy and I'd love for him to succeed here but I don't know what value he brings. I mean is it really undeniable that it's Zorn that has this team playing its heart out? Because where was that heart at the end of last year against teams like Cincy and San Fran? Where was it at the beginning of this year against the Lions and Chiefs of the league?
Old 12-13-2009, 09:19 PM   #19
Coff
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post

Seriously though, I go back and forth on it. Zorn seems like a good guy and I'd love for him to succeed here but I don't know what value he brings. I mean is it really undeniable that it's Zorn that has this team playing its heart out? Because where was that heart at the end of last year against teams like Cincy and San Fran? Where was it at the beginning of this year against the Lions and Chiefs of the league?
Perhaps it's all part of the learning curve; maybe it's the confidence due to Sherman Lewis' play-calling; I don't know. But we're seeing improvement. I'd hate to have to watch the Skins start over from square one again, especially when improvement is shown.
Coff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 09:32 PM   #20
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:

Right now, Zorn's value is Shanahan not being here.
Old 12-13-2009, 09:34 PM   #21
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coff View Post
Perhaps it's all part of the learning curve; maybe it's the confidence due to Sherman Lewis' play-calling; I don't know. But we're seeing improvement. I'd hate to have to watch the Skins start over from square one again, especially when improvement is shown.
I think we have a young enough core now, that bringing in a new coaching staff would be ok. In fact, I might go as far as to say if next year is again a tryout year, then might as well bring in the new staff now. Without knowing exactly how the duties are being handled, it's real hard to say who gets the credit for the heart this team seems to be showing.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 09:45 PM   #22
Beemnseven
Pro Bowl

Does the head coach deserve any blame when it appears that it takes 10, 11, or 12 games for he can get his offense to finally start hitting on some cylinders? Then you have to ask how much of it really is "his" offense when they had to bring in somebody from the outside to run it.

Look, we beat the Raiders. The lowly, pathetic Raiders. Let's see how high we are on Zorn in about three weeks after playing the Giants, Cowboys and Chargers.
Beemnseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 09:47 PM   #23
GridIron26
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemnseven View Post
Does the head coach deserve any blame when it appears that it takes 10, 11, or 12 games for he can get his offense to finally start hitting on some cylinders? Then you have to ask how much of it really is "his" offense when they had to bring in somebody from the outside to run it.

Look, we beat the Raiders. The lowly, pathetic Raiders. Let's see how high we are on Zorn in about three weeks after playing the Giants, Cowboys and Chargers.
The Raiders who beat Steelers and Bengals? Let's face the fact, every week, every game is different..
GridIron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 09:50 PM   #24
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemnseven View Post

Well, we blew out the Raiders, which is exactly what we were supposed to do to the Rams, Lions, Bucs, and Chiefs. Yes, it took way too long, but this is exactly what good teams do to bad teams.
Old 12-13-2009, 09:55 PM   #25
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

It all just goes to show how difficult these decisions can be. We want Snyder to "Save OUR team" by firing Zorn one week and keeping him the next, cutting Campbell one week, re-signing him the next. Before, during, and after every game most of us have 10 different suggestions for every situation. It's not easy
Old 12-13-2009, 09:57 PM   #26
WaldSkins
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GridIron26 View Post
The Raiders who beat Steelers and Bengals? Let's face the fact, every week, every game is different..
Dont forget about the Eagles
Old 12-13-2009, 09:59 PM   #27
WaldSkins
Playmaker

Quote:
It all just goes to show how difficult these decisions can be. We want Snyder to "Save OUR team" by firing Zorn one week and keeping him the next, cutting Campbell one week, re-signing him the next. Before, during, and after every game most of us have 10 different suggestions for every situation. It's not easy
Atleast everyone agrees that Cerrato should be fired
Old 12-13-2009, 10:05 PM   #28
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Yeah...but I don't think he's nearly the problem everyone says he is. Unfortunately, I think this is one of those times the fans' voice might as well be heard
Old 12-13-2009, 10:10 PM   #29
WaldSkins
Playmaker

Quote:
Yeah...but I don't think he's nearly the problem everyone says he is. Unfortunately, I think this is one of those times the fans' voice might as well be heard
You mean that those bus ads are working?
Old 12-13-2009, 10:31 PM   #30
Beemnseven
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by GridIron26 View Post
Well, the Steelers are in free-fall, and the Bengals got caught in a trap game. Even the lowly, pathetic teams will sneak up and bite some good teams now and then.

I'm just saying that you can't do exactly what SmootSmack says, and fire the coach after one game, or sign him to an extension after one nice win against one of the bottom-dweller teams of the league. Look at the total body of work.
Beemnseven is offline   Reply With Quote