Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Other Sports

Brick Slayer, Joe Gibbs Racing on track.

Other Sports

Old 07-30-2007, 04:58 PM   #16
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Re: Brick Slayer, Joe Gibbs Racing on track.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan_nn View Post
It's not heckling you smoot, I would never go out of my way to offend a smootsmack.

Just most TS fans are gay and stuff, but I'm sure your not....but since your one of the few TS fans I know, I didn't think kidding with you would offend you......and look I was right after all.

Go JGR, they are on a roll.
Most TS fans are gay and stuff (yet you don't really know any TS fans anyway)? Um...ok.

Moving on

Did you watch the race?

Advertisements
Old 07-30-2007, 05:19 PM   #17
skinsfan_nn
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Most TS fans are gay and stuff (yet you don't really know any TS fans anyway)? Um...ok.

Moving on

Did you watch the race?

smoot, get it right I said I know a few, but I give them all major shit...lol

Caught the ass end of the race, heck of a race. TS is picking it up at the right time. As well as Denny, the team is doing very well, nice to see!

I'm sure Joe is watching from a distance with pleasure! Hopefully this winning thing is going to carry over to my #1 sport, REDSKIN FOOTBALL
"There's no greater feeling than moving a man from Point A to Point B, against his will." #68

THANKS COACH GIBBS FOR EVERYTHING! YOUR THE MAN AND ALWAYS WILL BE!
skinsfan_nn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 05:33 PM   #18
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Did anyone here get the chance to see most, if not the majority, of the race?
Old 07-30-2007, 05:58 PM   #19
skinsfan_nn
Playmaker

Quote:
What was missed,during the start and mid? Break it down, you said you were there right?
"There's no greater feeling than moving a man from Point A to Point B, against his will." #68

Old 07-30-2007, 07:31 PM   #20
Riggo44
The Starter

Quote:
I pretty much watched the whole thing. I have the Direct TV hot pass so I was switching from Tony's car to espn most of the time. After all the wrecks and cautions where done the race got pretty good. Jimmie Johnsons wreck was kind of scary until I saw him get out of his car. Besides that I was surprised Juan Montoya ran so well. I must say it was one of the better races I’ve watched this year.
Old 07-30-2007, 07:40 PM   #21
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Being at the race I didn't really get to see our television coverage. And I wanted to get everyone's opinion of our "draft tracker" feature
Old 07-30-2007, 07:43 PM   #22
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riggo44 View Post
I pretty much watched the whole thing. I have the Direct TV hot pass so I was switching from Tony's car to espn most of the time. After all the wrecks and cautions where done the race got pretty good. Jimmie Johnsons wreck was kind of scary until I saw him get out of his car. Besides that I was surprised Juan Montoya ran so well. I must say it was one of the better races I’ve watched this year.
Yeah it was a great race. There were some great passes. Gordon's pass on the outside of Harvick near the end of the race was sick.
Old 07-30-2007, 08:11 PM   #23
Riggo44
The Starter

I thought the draft tracker was kind of cool. But how do the really know that's what the air is doing? It kind of reminded me of when the NHL put computer chips is the pucks and it was like lazar hockey. I'm really not sold on it yet. But who knows it might grow on me. I thought when they broke down the things that could have gone wrong with Earnhardt's engine the graphics were great witch it made it pretty interesting.
By the way were you there on Sat SS? My girl friends nephew made his first Bush series start. His name is Josh Wise and he was driving the #22 Dodge Family Dollar car. He came in 19th which isn’t too bad for a rookie that started 29th. I missed the race which really pisses me off!!! Did you see it?
Old 07-30-2007, 08:27 PM   #24
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
I thought the draft tracker was kind of cool. But how do the really know that's what the air is doing? It kind of reminded me of when the NHL put computer chips is the pucks and it was like lazar hockey. I'm really not sold on it yet. But who knows it might grow on me. I thought when they broke down the things that could have gone wrong with Earnhardt's engine the graphics were great witch it made it pretty interesting.
By the way were you there on Sat SS? My girl friends nephew made his first Bush series start. His name is Josh Wise and he was driving the #22 Dodge Family Dollar car. He came in 19th which isn’t too bad for a rookie that started 29th. I missed the race which really pisses me off!!! Did you see it?
I didn't make it out to the Busch race. I was at the Brickyard all day trying to handle some last minute issues before the race on Sunday. I've heard Josh is pretty good. He raced won the USAC title last year didn't he?

I don't pretend to know how exactly Draft Track works. It's a cool concept but I think it'll take time for our announcers to really be able to explain to everybody, not just race fans. The explanation of Junior's blown engine from our DISH Tech Center was pretty neat. We're going to be doing a lot of cool stuff with that online
Old 07-30-2007, 08:44 PM   #25
Riggo44
The Starter

Quote:
I didn't make it out to the Busch race. I was at the Brickyard all day trying to handle some last minute issues before the race on Sunday. I've heard Josh is pretty good. He raced won the USAC title last year didn't he?

I don't pretend to know how exactly Draft Track works. It's a cool concept but I think it'll take time for our announcers to really be able to explain to everybody, not just race fans. The explanation of Junior's blown engine from our DISH Tech Center was pretty neat. We're going to be doing a lot of cool stuff with that online
Yea he won the USAC in 2006 racing for Stewart. This year he is racing for Michael Waltrip mostly in the Craftsman Truck Series. But hopefully they will start getting him more BUSH races.

I’ll be looking forward to seeing more on the DISH Tech center in the future. I thought was the best and most unique thing on the ESPN broadcast.

By the way SS it sounds like you have a pretty kick ass job.
Old 07-30-2007, 08:46 PM   #26
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Yea he won the USAC in 2006 racing for Stewart. This year he is racing for Michael Waltrip mostly in the Craftsman Truck Series. But hopefully they will start getting him more BUSH races.

I’ll be looking forward to seeing more on the DISH Tech center in the future. I thought was the best and most unique thing on the ESPN broadcast.

By the way SS it sounds like you have a pretty kick ass job.
Weekends like this past one yeah it can be pretty sweet, but today is was back to the grind. I have to finalize my portion of the ESPN schedule for October by tomorrow. Stressing me out
Old 07-30-2007, 08:49 PM   #27
Riggo44
The Starter

Quote:
Weekends like this past one yeah it can be pretty sweet, but today is was back to the grind. I have to finalize my portion of the ESPN schedule for October by tomorrow. Stressing me out
Ouch, good luck. I hope you can get a little bit of sleep tonight.
Old 07-31-2007, 08:55 AM   #28
BDBohnzie
Playmaker

Sorry I can't be of any help...I caught the last 20 laps or so, and tend to ignore anything flashing or floating across the top of the screen, unless I'm specifically looking for something.

that's cool SS...perks of the job.

i heard that Tony had let the BS fly, so to speak...although I dont know how they'll handle it, since the race was on basic cable not over the air...and they are treated differently when it comes to language...

“WE TOOK HIM IN THE SIXTH ROUND SO WE'RE NOT SMART EITHER.” - Shanny on what the Skins saw in Alfred Morris
BDBohnzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 04:35 PM   #29
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy Baugh Fan View Post
I knew this was coming and soon as he said Bull Chit live on the air after the race.

jayski.com
NASCAR announced today that Tony Stewart has been fined $25,000 and penalized 25 NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series driver championship points, as a result of using inappropriate language during a post-race televised interview following his victory Sunday at Indianapolis Motor Speedway
Old 07-31-2007, 04:57 PM   #30
skinsfan_nn
Playmaker

oops....Tony, better learn sooner or later to watch that mouth.

Joe, is gonna have a little talk with the boy about that mouth. Hittin where it really hurts the pts....then the wallet.