Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Did the Giants cut Collins to soon?

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 05-10-2004, 05:48 AM   #16
BleedBurgundy
Playmaker

Does anyone really blame the Giants for starting Eli right away? Everyone saw the results of Peyton. A horrible first year, but high performance and great improvement in subsequent years. The G-Men are gonna be a real pain in the ass in 2-3 years.
BleedBurgundy is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 05-10-2004, 01:31 PM   #17
skinsfanthru&thru
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBurgundy
Does anyone really blame the Giants for starting Eli right away? Everyone saw the results of Peyton. A horrible first year, but high performance and great improvement in subsequent years. The G-Men are gonna be a real pain in the ass in 2-3 years.
of course peyton also had an offense tailored to his skills with harrison, pollard, and james. i don't see eli having anywhere near the same weapons talent wise.
skinsfanthru&thru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004, 05:36 AM   #18
BleedBurgundy
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfanthru&thru
of course peyton also had an offense tailored to his skills with harrison, pollard, and james. i don't see eli having anywhere near the same weapons talent wise.
I see your point. But I intended that Eli will benefit from the experience of starting and making mistakes, much as Peyton did. I do not believe the Giants will win very many games this year because of Eli being a rookie and the reasons you mentioned. Again, you are correct that with their current talent level, they do not possess the potential to be as explosive as the Colts, but I do believe that Eli will be in the same league as his older brother and once he has a year or two under his belt, we won't exactly be looking forward to facing him twice a year...
BleedBurgundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004, 08:40 AM   #19
MTK
\m/

It's really too bad that in today's NFL a rookie QB has to play so soon. In some cases it really ruins a guy's career. Back in the day rookie QB's hardly ever saw the field before their 3rd or 4th years. The last guy that I can remember being brought along slowly was McNair. He only started a handful of games his first two seasons and it wasn't until year 3 he became the full-time starter.
MTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004, 10:19 AM   #20
skinsfanthru&thru
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBurgundy
I see your point. But I intended that Eli will benefit from the experience of starting and making mistakes, much as Peyton did. I do not believe the Giants will win very many games this year because of Eli being a rookie and the reasons you mentioned. Again, you are correct that with their current talent level, they do not possess the potential to be as explosive as the Colts, but I do believe that Eli will be in the same league as his older brother and once he has a year or two under his belt, we won't exactly be looking forward to facing him twice a year...
this is either going to help him become a better qb like you said or make him fail miserably(sp?). unfortunately for eli, he wound up in a place where they aren't that supportive when u fail, but we'll find out for sure in a few years whether the hype was deserved or not.
skinsfanthru&thru is offline   Reply With Quote