Story about possible move

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 12-08-2012, 08:16 PM   #16
mbedner3420
The Starter

Re: Story about possible move

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
Stay at FedEx. Is a nice modern stadium. Who cares if the stadium isn't in DC itself. A lot of nfl teams are located in different cities/states than their team names indicate.
Modern stadium? It's a massive piece of crap. I honestly don't think it's a bad thing to move it into DC. For me, I'd rather have the stadium in VA close to the training facility.
mbedner3420 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-09-2012, 07:09 AM   #17
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbedner3420 View Post
Modern stadium? It's a massive piece of crap. I honestly don't think it's a bad thing to move it into DC. For me, I'd rather have the stadium in VA close to the training facility.

Dan Snyder is rich but not rich enough to just let fed Ex go ,smart move would be to tear it down play at the old RFK and build a new {dome}) at Fed Ex
Old 12-09-2012, 08:26 AM   #18
44ever

Im all for the move!
44ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 10:48 AM   #19
calia
Playmaker

This sounds phony to me. How the Redskins could influence what the FBI does or enable such a move is far from apparent. And it is likewise hard to imagine that the overall bottom line for Snyder would be better making the move - he would surely have to sink in a ton of money for such an endeavor whereas he's making a mint off the team in it's current digs. Even. If a new stadium increased revenue, it is hard to imagine the increase would cover the costs even when amortizing over the remaining 15 years of the FedEx lease.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Old 12-09-2012, 11:56 AM   #20
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpayne5 View Post
FedEx is only 6 miles east of RFK. Not sure 6 miles would really make that much of a difference...
Since its only 6 miles, why bother moving to begin with?
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 12:06 PM   #21
Skinzman
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defensewins View Post
Only if Snyder pays for the new stadium and all utilities infrastructure costs himself.
I am tired of tax payers paying for new stadiums or even infrastructure costs for the NFL owners. The $9 billions dollar a year NFL needs to start paying for their own shit. Especially to abandon a perfectly good stadium and build a new one just to shits and giggles. Wasteful at a time when cutting out waste from the swollen federal budget is needed. Cut the shit!
You are looking at this wrong. I agree 100% that politicians need to cut wasteful spending. However, the fact is, stadiums and professional sports teams are profit for local and state govt's. Thats why state govt's offer up money to build them for sports teams in the first place.

The construction costs, a fair amount paid for by state govt's, are full of money to pay people to build the stadiums and infrastructure. Local residents that will spend that money and pay taxes... Locally.

Once the stadium is built, that is taxes being paid on sales of tickets as well as food and merchandise that the govt's get back. As well as jobs at the stadium to add to the economy.

Look at Virginia paying what it did to get the Redskins to stay in Ashburn and to get training camp into Richmond. The salary cap is what?... 120 mil? And Dan keeps that cap pretty full. So Virginia is looking at say... 100 mil in salaries to players alone that will mainly live in or around Ashburn (and thats if there is 20 mil dead cap space). 100 mil that will predominately get spent in Virginia, and that doesnt include jobs of the coaching staff, jobs at Redskins Park, including the GM, which makes into the millions. Thats money for Virginia, thats income to the state of Virginia. Of course they are willing to spend some money, but in this case, its ultimately to make more money long term. If Virginia makes their money out of it, its not wasteful spending, its an investment and profit maker.

Now, they cant be building stadiums every 10-15 years and expect it to work. With the cost of those stadiums, they need to stand for a while and make tax money for these govt's to make there money back plus profit. So I do admit that this is a strange circumstance.
Skinzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 12:34 PM   #22
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Dan Snyder is rich but not rich enough to just let fed Ex go ,smart move would be to tear it down play at the old RFK and build a new {dome}) at Fed Ex

What would be the ultimate would for them to do a state of the art replica of RFK at the current RFK location. Tear it down and build another one but upgraded.

Sad thing is, Danny is going to try and keep up with Jerry and Mara and you think opposing fans swarm FedEx now, wait till you get a bigger stadium. Notice how it's working against Jerry right now? (in terms of home field advantage) Skins fans were in force up in Jerry World on Thanksgiving (and Bears fans when they played)
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 06:13 PM   #23
SkinDogg
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoLo View Post
Doesn't Fedex really suck acoustic wise? I think the best part about moving to DC would be building a stadium that really gives us a huge home field advantage...ie SEATTLE!
Or better, RFK.
SkinDogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 06:50 PM   #24
skinsguy
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
What would be the ultimate would for them to do a state of the art replica of RFK at the current RFK location. Tear it down and build another one but upgraded.

Sad thing is, Danny is going to try and keep up with Jerry and Mara and you think opposing fans swarm FedEx now, wait till you get a bigger stadium. Notice how it's working against Jerry right now? (in terms of home field advantage) Skins fans were in force up in Jerry World on Thanksgiving (and Bears fans when they played)
I would go for that. A slightly larger RFK, but smaller than Fedex.
Old 12-09-2012, 08:05 PM   #25
pzeidler19
Camp Scrub

Watching the game today I think the redskins need a retractable roof. I think RG3 and Alfred Morris could be a real dangerous duo in perfect weather conditions.
pzeidler19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 09:08 PM   #26
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
FedEx is only 6 miles east of RFK. Not sure 6 miles would really make that much of a difference...
Your post said Fairfax County that is a lot further than 6 miles from MD. I understand most die hard fans wouldn't care were they play, but from a business perspective it could forfeit younger i.e. school age fans in the Maryland area.
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 09:32 PM   #27
cpayne5
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
Your post said Fairfax County that is a lot further than 6 miles from MD. I understand most die hard fans wouldn't care were they play, but from a business perspective it could forfeit younger i.e. school age fans in the Maryland area.
Read it again.
Old 12-09-2012, 09:36 PM   #28
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Read it again.
Fairfax is referring to FBI?
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 09:39 PM   #29
cpayne5
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
Fairfax is referring to FBI?
Yeah...
Old 12-11-2012, 09:39 PM   #30
Skins fan 44
Impact Rookie

I am sure I have asked this but how are we in a lease when we own our stadium? I thought Cooke built it on his own?