That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-08-2012, 09:27 AM   #17
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
HUGE HUGE GAME.

If we win sunday I think we are a LOCK for the playoffs.

I'll say 26-20 SKINS
we need either tbe giants or seahawks to stumble, plus we still need to win out. honestly I am still most worried about cleveland. I could see us having a big win tomorrow and the team letting up for one week.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 09:54 AM   #18
Mechanix544
The Starter

Re: Ravens v. Redskins Predictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
we need either tbe giants or seahawks to stumble, plus we still need to win out. honestly I am still most worried about cleveland. I could see us having a big win tomorrow and the team letting up for one week.
Not going to happen. Our coaching is way too good for that to happen.
Mechanix544 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 09:56 AM   #19
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Cleveland isn't a joke anymore, I'd hope they would take them seriously
Old 12-08-2012, 10:00 AM   #20
htownskinfan
JUST LIVIN

Defense has to play like they've been playing,bend but don't break
They've gotten lucky by a few inches of giving up big plays,that has to continue
I think if D can hold them to under 20 we win
Old 12-08-2012, 10:33 AM   #21
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Ravens are 9-3 but I think it's a soft 9-3. KC ran wild over them. If the defense can make a few stops, I don't see how they stop our offense. However that's a big if. Hopefully we can pull this one out but it's going to be close.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 11:01 AM   #22
Rev.SkinsFan
Camp Scrub

We are on a roll but I think the better team wins here. Ravens just got embarrassed and will be fired up and looking to tee off on RG3. I think this is gonna be tough one to get up for a an emotional three weeks. We are not winning seven in a row, we just aren't that good, meaning 7 in a row good. Its an AFC team so doesn't kill our chances. Think we lose this and then go all in for three wins against teams we should beat. I think this will be lopsided unfortunately

Ravens 38
Skins 17
Old 12-08-2012, 01:30 PM   #23
REDSKINS4ever
Playmaker

I like Kai Forbath to win one for the team on a last second FG from 45-50 yards.

Ravens 24
Redskins 27
REDSKINS4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 01:37 PM   #24
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev.SkinsFan View Post
We are on a roll but I think the better team wins here. Ravens just got embarrassed and will be fired up and looking to tee off on RG3. I think this is gonna be tough one to get up for a an emotional three weeks. We are not winning seven in a row, we just aren't that good, meaning 7 in a row good. Its an AFC team so doesn't kill our chances. Think we lose this and then go all in for three wins against teams we should beat. I think this will be lopsided unfortunately

Ravens 38
Skins 17
Actually, losing to the Ravens could cost us the division if we were to end up tied with Dallas with the same overall W-L record due to a loss to Dallas in our final game.

That's because we would be tied with Dallas in the first two tie-breakers and Dallas would beat us out on the third tie-breaker which is W-L-T in Common Games. All four remaining games for both Dallas and the Skins are against common opponents and, at the moment, Dallas is ahead of us in wins against common opponents.

Essentially, we may need to beat Dallas in the last game of the season. I'm thinking that we'll need to go at least 3-1, including a win over Dallas, in the final four games and hope that the Giants go 2-2 in order for us to win the division.

I don't thiink that our chances are as good to win the second wildcard over Seattle, Tampa Bay, or Minnesota. Either Chicago or GB will almost certainly be the first wildcard, IMO.

Of course, the most important game is always the current game, so back to the Ravens. I think we can beat them but it should be a close game. If we can somehow manage to score three touchdowns without turning over the ball more than once, I think we'll win.

Redskins 24, Ravens 20.
Old 12-08-2012, 02:34 PM   #25
rbanerjee23
The Starter

Need to force 2 turnovers -- Ravens are 1-3 when they have had 2+ turnovers and the only win was a squeaker (9-6 over KC)

And please Kyle, no more bubble screens -- you have garcon and a speed demon in robinson, challenge the Ravens secondary.

Redskins: 28
Ravens: 24
Alfred Morris gets 140 and 1 TD
RG3 throws for 240 and 2 TDs
Defense comes up big with a pick-6

-Mike Shanahan

HTTR
rbanerjee23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 07:16 PM   #26
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

I really like the Redskins chances this game. If Kyle sticks to the run we can control the clock and open up play action. I agree with CRR Cleveland is the game that scares me. They are deceptively bad.
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 08:23 PM   #27
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
Actually, losing to the Ravens could cost us the division if we were to end up tied with Dallas with the same overall W-L record due to a loss to Dallas in our final game.

That's because we would be tied with Dallas in the first two tie-breakers and Dallas would beat us out on the third tie-breaker which is W-L-T in Common Games. All four remaining games for both Dallas and the Skins are against common opponents and, at the moment, Dallas is ahead of us in wins against common opponents.

Essentially, we may need to beat Dallas in the last game of the season. I'm thinking that we'll need to go at least 3-1, including a win over Dallas, in the final four games and hope that the Giants go 2-2 in order for us to win the division.

I don't thiink that our chances are as good to win the second wildcard over Seattle, Tama Bay, or Minnesota. Either Chicago or GB will almost certainly be the first wildcard, IMO.

Of course, the most important game is always the current game, so back to the Ravens. I think we can beat them but it should be a close game. If we can somehow manage to score three touchdowns without turning over the ball more than once, I think we'll win.

Redskins 24, Ravens 20.
Even though we hold the tie-breaker over all of them?

Shameless self-promotion. It is what it is.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 08:24 PM   #28
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbanerjee23 View Post
Need to force 2 turnovers -- Ravens are 1-3 when they have had 2+ turnovers and the only win was a squeaker (9-6 over KC)

And please Kyle, no more bubble screens -- you have garcon and a speed demon in robinson, challenge the Ravens secondary.

Redskins: 28
Ravens: 24
Alfred Morris gets 140 and 1 TD
RG3 throws for 240 and 2 TDs
Defense comes up big with a pick-6
I hatte the hatte for the bubble screens. It's not like we haven't scored off them, and made other positive plays. But more importantly, for what little I understand about the Shanahans, if forces defensive lineman to cover the whole width of a field. This is important in their scheme, because a) it doesn't tire out our players, and b) causes the DL to be running a lot. Things like the early bubble screens allow the offensive line to be fresher than the defensive line when we get to the 4th quarter. That is, imo, part of why we can see 4 or 6 minute run drives to close out games now. They also, by all accounts get Griffin into "rhythm" or comfort on the field.

Not every play has to be a knockout, some of the plays are designed to be body blows just to wear down an opponent's line and midsection.
Old 12-08-2012, 08:25 PM   #29
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHQUAKE2689 View Post
Even though we hold the tie-breaker over all of them?
shhhh don't confuse him ...
Old 12-09-2012, 12:01 AM   #30
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

The overall silence of this thread (compared to previous weeks prediction threads) is deafening.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote