Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Haynesworth trade possibly in the works

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 04-14-2010, 10:19 PM   #16
Pocket$ $traight

Re: Haynesworth trade possibly in the works

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy View Post
We don't need players here who do not wish to be here. So I say don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya there Haynesworth!

They went out of their way to make sure he doesn't want to be here.
Pocket$ $traight is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-14-2010, 10:22 PM   #17
Pocket$ $traight

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy View Post
No doubt that Haynesworth is talented, but if he doesn't want to be here, his talent isn't going to be in it. He's not going to excel in the 3-4 because he doesn't want to give it a chance. Would be nice to dump that huge contract on somebody else. And who else better than the Lions...LOL!
Don't we play the Lions next year.

He would destroy us, and God forbid he gets a free shot at our QB. Think about the hit on Brady x 2.
Old 04-14-2010, 10:23 PM   #18
The Goat
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog1 View Post
Do you think it premature to throw the new regime under the bus? OR did you want to wait until the season started to condemn them?
I think the season is "built" on the off-season. Honestly Shanny and the FO have not impressed me at all, I just don't see them building for the long-term winner. Expect the defense especially to take a step backward this year.

But in a sense you're right...I'm biased against Shanahan and admitted as much long before he got here. I think he's our coach for two reasons: Snyder felt he HAD to get a big name coach again to regain some respect after destroying the franchise for a decade, and secondly Mike is the only big name coach who would come here because money has always been a primary motivator.
Old 04-14-2010, 10:24 PM   #19
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

The Lions would have to let us move up two spots as well as trade a second round pick if they wanted Haynesworth. That is unless the front office feels that Trent Williams is a better fit but Okung is just so dominant that I think it would be stupid not to get him if we can given our current situation at QB.

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 10:30 PM   #20
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag359 View Post
The Lions would have to let us move up two spots as well as trade a second round pick if they wanted Haynesworth. That is unless the front office feels that Trent Williams is a better fit but Okung is just so dominant that I think it would be stupid not to get him if we can given our current situation at QB.
If AH is traded to the Lions or Rams I expect to get a 2nd and 3rd rounder just Like Denver did for Marshall.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 10:34 PM   #21
Daseal
Puppy Kicker

Quote:
Shanny and Bruce seem to already be losing control of the situation. If we can believe earlier reports Albert went into the season (off-season) committing himself to be at the top of his game. I would argue two points: 1) AH at the top of his game is the most dominant defensive player in football 2) that fact should be enough reason to build the effing defense around him i.e. keep the 4-3 and improve on what we've got.

Instead Shanny/Haslett/Allen have decided to force a scheme for which we don't even have the personnel. And because they effed up the trade w/ the Eagles it seems inevitable we'll lose our best player on the roster.

What is really frustrating about this is the simple fact we're not likely to stick w/ whatever Shanny and Haslett think they're doing anyway. Haslett is a mediocre to sub-par coach. His units have never impressed. And Shanny has a penchant for kicking DCs to the curb even when they perform well (some of his DCs in Denver produced top 10 defenses but still got axed). That's pure ego IMO. So Haslett is likely gone in a year and we start all over again defensively.
I agree with you Goat. I know Shanny and Allen have a lot of experience. But our defense was pretty damn good last year and built for the 4-3. The only big change I'd make is move Orakpo to full-time DE and let our DL continue to play great football.

If I were taking over this team I'd keep the defensive changes minimal and make the bulk of the changes on the offense.

Yes, Haynesworth wanted to work himself, who cares. He sounded pretty dedicated to me.

That said, a 2nd, even as high as it is, isn't nearly enough compensation.

One last thing. Giving Detroit Haynesworth means they take Okung.
Old 04-14-2010, 10:36 PM   #22
12thMan
MVP

I thought Adam Shefter (sp) said no way AH is being traded??
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 10:41 PM   #23
warpaint
The Starter

Why do you guys keep saying AH is worth a second rounder. What we have spent on him alone is worth more than a second rounder. We just paid him 21mil already, thats 2years and half of B.Marshalls new contract.

Al's play on the feild speaks for itself. All this for a voluntary workout for 3 days come on,until AH speaks out about this. I will chalk this up to off season boredom.

Shanny wont be around that long if he waste Danny boys money just because he wants to feed his ego.
Old 04-14-2010, 10:45 PM   #24
Redskin Warrior
The Starter

I pulled this info from another site but i can't find the link tho interesting comments nonetheless.

I talked to Jim Haslett and he plans on using me like they did with the Titans. He?s talked to a couple of Titans coaches and former Titans coaches and that?s what he said he?s planning on doing. Just kind of letting me loose and letting me play the game.? Of course, with new coordinators come new changes in how the game is played and Haslett is no different. The type of defense Haslett employs is a 3-4 defense, a defense Haynesworth is not familiar with at all, yet he is open to it looks forward to playing it. ?At first I was a little iffy to it because I?ve never played in the 3-4. I don?t have a clue to how it?s really played. But then I talked to him a little bit and he plans on just playing me in the middle a little bit and at end. I guess I?ll just move around and just wreak havoc; so as long as we?re doing that and I?m not just at one position, I?m fine, I?m fine with it.?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
First they ban winning...now this?
Redskin Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 10:47 PM   #25
warpaint
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
I thought Adam Shefter (sp) said no way AH is being traded??
I need to hear this from Shefter and Glazer first.

La Confora (how ever you spell it) is trying to create buzz on a hunch.
Old 04-14-2010, 10:57 PM   #26
jdc65
Special Teams

It sounds like they have already lost Albert. Him not showing up to these mini camps, when everyone else is, sends a Portis-Zorn message that Shanahan cannot have. Why would they even want Haynesorth at the Nose position anyway? Make him a 3-4 DE, and let him attack the backfield. The thought of losing such a dominating player for so little is sickening. The D-line would become as porous as last year's O-line.

There must be much more to this story for Shanahan to even think of giving Albert away. The man is already paid, sounds like he is good as a 3-4 End, make up already. I am a little concerned that Shan may lose some of the confidence of his players. Everyone knows how good he is, these workouts are voluntary, I mean come on.
jdc65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 11:01 PM   #27
Ruhskins
Living Legend

I can understand trading one of your best players for an offer you can't refuse. However, to me this still feels like AH is being run out of town (a la McD and Cutler) by the new regime. I guess that if AH shows up this weekend, these rumors would be squash...I don't fully trust JLC's report...but then again you never know. I hope Schefter does some sort of follow up on this.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 11:07 PM   #28
GMScud
Swearinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by warpaint View Post
I need to hear this from Shefter and Glazer first.

La Confora (how ever you spell it) is trying to create buzz on a hunch.
Schefter is close with Shanahan, so typically I'd say you can trust what he's reporting on the Skins. But AH is a huge name. Now that Albert has been paid his bonus, he becomes much more valuable in a trade b/c our potential trading partner won't have to cover that $20M+. Add that to the fact that Shanahan says he will NOT be traded, and you're further upping the asking price.

Everyone knows Schefter is the best media source for all things Shanny. Pure speculation, but I wouldn't be surprised if Shanny said, "hey Adam, float this one for me and I'll make sure you're the first in the media to get juice on the team."

Either way, Albert has flat out robbed the Redskins. If he gets traded, he'll have been paid $32M for 12 games. That's $2.67M per game. LOL. What a shitshow Cerrato and Co were.
Old 04-14-2010, 11:09 PM   #29
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
Schefter is close with Shanahan, so typically I'd say you can trust what he's reporting on the Skins. But AH is a huge name. Now that Albert has been paid his bonus, he becomes much more valuable in a trade b/c our potential trading partner won't have to cover that $20M+. Add that to the fact that Shanahan says he will NOT be traded, and you're further upping the asking price.

Everyone knows Schefter is the best media source for all things Shanny. Pure speculation, but I wouldn't be surprised if Shanny said, "hey Adam, float this one for me and I'll make sure you're the first in the media to get juice on the team."

Either way, Albert has flat out robbed the Redskins. If he gets traded, he'll have been paid $32M for 12 games. That's $2.67M per game. LOL. What a shitshow Cerrato and Co were.
I would put it more like the team just flushed all that money into the toilet. Because it was the team's decision to get him at such a high prize, and now the team wants to get rid of him for stupid reasons.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 11:16 PM   #30
Pocket$ $traight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
I would put it more like the team just flushed all that money into the toilet. Because it was the team's decision to get him at such a high prize, and now the team wants to get rid of him for stupid reasons.
Exactly right.