Locker Room Main Forum

Old 07-09-2009, 12:12 AM   #16
jsarno
Franchise Player

Re: Haynesworth gets lucky, again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinRat View Post
By show of hands, who regularly speeds?

Oh ya, I don't think I ever drive the speed limit or under. Guess I'm a punk too. Oh well, rather be a punk and not be late I guess.

Advertisements
Old 07-09-2009, 12:27 AM   #17
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

Three weeks until camp!
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 12:30 AM   #18
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
Three weeks until camp!
Amen to that!
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 02:00 AM   #19
DBUCHANON101
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsarno View Post
Oh ya, I don't think I ever drive the speed limit or under. Guess I'm a punk too. Oh well, rather be a punk and not be late I guess.
I generally go 10mph over.
DBUCHANON101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 07:32 AM   #20
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
Well any story from Mike Florio makes a Redskins look like a punk.
Heck, it's not even Florio's story I'm responding to, it's the OP.
Old 07-09-2009, 07:46 AM   #21
freddyg12
Playmaker

AH has a history of problems, this is true. It's all relative of course.

Not to stir things up on what seems to many a needless thread, but I couldn't leave this alone. Bear w/me.

It's interesting that people don't see speeding as an issue because "everybody does it." Even when speeding, driver error & reckless driving are the cause of most highway injuries & deaths in our country. People will get so up in arms about drunk driving (and they should), but it is still not to blame for most accidents.

People seem to think drunk driving accidents could be avoided, which is true. But why don't the same people pass that judgement on someone that speeded & drove recklessly when the result is the same; someone gets hurt?
freddyg12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 07:51 AM   #22
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Freddy G, I see what you're saying. But, what I gathered from the article, was that Florio was complaining about the Tennessee justice system. Which is fine. Then the OP said he thought Haynesworth might be a punk. For what? For speeding? That's what I don't get. How does that make him a punk?
Old 07-09-2009, 08:44 AM   #23
sandtrapjack
The Starter

Ok, I normally do not give one bit of credence, nor regularly speak about articles that are posted on ProFootballTalk. To me that are the internet tabloid of the NFL and have very little in the way of journalistic credibility.

But......the point is NOT that he was speeding, if that were the case (simply speeding) heck, even PFT would not print it.

The point they are TRYING to make is that it was his resposibility to REPORT all legal infractions because he was on probation. And that did not happen.

I think the point that they are trying to make is, if it were you or me that was on probabtion, and we failed to notify our probation officer of any legal infractions we would be thrown under the bus. But I think the author is trying to point out that simply because he is a celebrity, this was swept aside.

Again, very little credence to PFT, but I think that is what they were saying. No one cares if he was speeding.
sandtrapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 09:02 AM   #24
redsk1
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53Fan View Post
Not much longer till training camp!
I can't wait. Maybe we can then talk about some interesting things.
redsk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 09:12 AM   #25
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandtrapjack View Post
Ok, I normally do not give one bit of credence, nor regularly speak about articles that are posted on ProFootballTalk. To me that are the internet tabloid of the NFL and have very little in the way of journalistic credibility.

But......the point is NOT that he was speeding, if that were the case (simply speeding) heck, even PFT would not print it.

The point they are TRYING to make is that it was his resposibility to REPORT all legal infractions because he was on probation. And that did not happen.

I think the point that they are trying to make is, if it were you or me that was on probabtion, and we failed to notify our probation officer of any legal infractions we would be thrown under the bus. But I think the author is trying to point out that simply because he is a celebrity, this was swept aside.

Again, very little credence to PFT, but I think that is what they were saying. No one cares if he was speeding.
I don't think that is necessarily the case. Often, it is the government's responsibility to make sure that their stuff is straight, and that one agency talks to another. I think lots of people have "beat the system" because of police or probation mistakes. also, if he only had one month probation (i don't know, and I could be wrong), even if it had been reported, I doubt anything serious would have come of it. Probably just an extension of his probation and probably a fine.

Overall, this just seems like a re-hash of old news in the slow off-season.

And I am sure the NBC Sports logo on the top somehow makes this all the more newsworthy now
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 09:17 AM   #26
gibbsisgod
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandtrapjack View Post

Correct me if I am wrong but AH was not cited when the accident occured. I may be off but I think it was almost 2 months AFTER the accident that he was cited.

If that is indeed the case, was he required to notify his probation officer that someone had an accident near him? If he wasn't cited, it could/should be interpreted that he did nothing wrong.
gibbsisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 09:20 AM   #27
sandtrapjack
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
I don't think that is necessarily the case. Often, it is the government's responsibility to make sure that their stuff is straight, and that one agency talks to another. I think lots of people have "beat the system" because of police or probation mistakes. also, if he only had one month probation (i don't know, and I could be wrong), even if it had been reported, I doubt anything serious would have come of it. Probably just an extension of his probation and probably a fine.

Overall, this just seems like a re-hash of old news in the slow off-season.

And I am sure the NBC Sports logo on the top somehow makes this all the more newsworthy now
Point taken, well said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
As for the NBC logo on PFT....if you dip a turd in GOLD, it may look good, but it is still just a turd.
sandtrapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 09:28 AM   #28
firstdown
Living Legend

The best part of this thread is we have a Dallas fan here talking about players taking responsibility for their actions. You might want to have that talk with JJ.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 09:45 AM   #29
53Fan
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
The best part of this thread is we have a Dallas fan here talking about players taking responsibility for their actions. You might want to have that talk with JJ.
Old 07-09-2009, 09:49 AM   #30
53Fan
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibbsisgod View Post
Correct me if I am wrong but AH was not cited when the accident occured. I may be off but I think it was almost 2 months AFTER the accident that he was cited.

If that is indeed the case, was he required to notify his probation officer that someone had an accident near him? If he wasn't cited, it could/should be interpreted that he did nothing wrong.
I believe you're right. There was nothing to report to his PO at the time.