Sons of Anarchy

Parking Lot

Old 10-12-2011, 10:21 PM   #16
skinsfanthru&thru
Playmaker

Re: Sons of Anarchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamiteRave View Post
I really feel bad for Juice... Chibs knows something is up.

And Unser is a standup guy for trying to help Tara out. Even if it is at his own risk.
Yeah u can definitely tell Chibs thinks something stunk about that situation. They are doing a great job this season of making me really hate Clay and I'm starting to wonder if Piney is planning something..

Advertisements
Old 10-12-2011, 11:35 PM   #17
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
I really feel bad for Juice... Chibs knows something is up.

And Unser is a standup guy for trying to help Tara out. Even if it is at his own risk.
Yeah you could tell from the way Chibs looked at Juice that he knew something was up, so I think sometime in the next episode or so we should expect a confrontation from between the two.

I really don't get the racism angle in the storyline though. There's been absolutely no hint of racism in the club since the show started, and now we're being led to believe that Juice would risk his life for the Sheriff because he thinks stealing coke is an easier thing to do than telling the club his father is black? I don't buy it.

I think they're just setting up Juice's downfall, or someone else's downfall as a result of the situation. Besides, the club knows Juice is Puerto Rican, and Happy is Italian I think, and they have had no problems working with Niners/Mayans in the past when the opportunity suited them.

One thing's for sure, in the words of Biggie, somebody's got to die. Whether its Clay, Piney, Jax (doubtful), Tara, Bobbie, Juice, Opie, or someone else the herd is gonna get thinned. I also can't believe how ruthless Clay is, they really want us to hate him with how willing he is to murder Tara, as well as Opie in the first season. He will kill anybody if its a means to an end. There's been a lot of "setting up" the storyline the last few episodes, now the action is gonna play out and someone's gonna get killed.
Old 10-13-2011, 03:54 AM   #18
itvnetop
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post

I really don't get the racism angle in the storyline though. There's been absolutely no hint of racism in the club since the show started, and now we're being led to believe that Juice would risk his life for the Sheriff because he thinks stealing coke is an easier thing to do than telling the club his father is black? I don't buy it.

I think they're just setting up Juice's downfall, or someone else's downfall as a result of the situation. Besides, the club knows Juice is Puerto Rican, and Happy is Italian I think, and they have had no problems working with Niners/Mayans in the past when the opportunity suited them.
According to some of the reading I've done, certain biker clubs don't let black members in just because it was a given rule from the beginning. There's several times where SAMCRO mentions they have no problem with black people- they just won't let them in for history's sake (yeah, it sounds like a friggin' racist country club). Remember when Juice asks Chibs about the club's stance on black members, the latter responds that it's just something that's been there from the club's inception and it's something they don't question... no matter how out of date it is.

Of course they'll work with people of any color (and even patch over non-black minorities), but the no-black rule seems to be long-standing within certain biker clubs. I'm no bike club expert, by any means... but this is what I've gathered from the small amount I've read.

I think it's cool that Sutter is even addressing the issue this season. Having said that, I don't feel bad for Juice at all. He'll get his from the club- and not because he's part black... he broke the rule.

my blather
itvnetop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 12:44 PM   #19
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by itvnetop View Post
According to some of the reading I've done, certain biker clubs don't let black members in just because it was a given rule from the beginning. There's several times where SAMCRO mentions they have no problem with black people- they just won't let them in for history's sake (yeah, it sounds like a friggin' racist country club). Remember when Juice asks Chibs about the club's stance on black members, the latter responds that it's just something that's been there from the club's inception and it's something they don't question... no matter how out of date it is.

Of course they'll work with people of any color (and even patch over non-black minorities), but the no-black rule seems to be long-standing within certain biker clubs. I'm no bike club expert, by any means... but this is what I've gathered from the small amount I've read.

I think it's cool that Sutter is even addressing the issue this season. Having said that, I don't feel bad for Juice at all. He'll get his from the club- and not because he's part black... he broke the rule.
I know the Hells Angels (the real life MC that SOA is modeled after) doesn't allow black members in, but I feel like there's a big difference between letting a black member in and letting a Puerto Rican guy who you can't even tell has any black heritage in. I think if Juice went to the club and told them that his dad was black, they'd just be like, w/e you're not, so it doesn't matter.

Either way I think the whole Juice stealing coke angle is just setting up his exit from the show. Which is a shame, because I like Theo Rossi, but in the end he was directly responsible for another innocent patched members' death in addition to working with the 5-0. The whole angle is probably set up to make the audience feel indifferent to Rossi's character so nobody will be too upset when he dies in the end. Of course I could be entirely wrong, but that's the way I see this heading.
Old 10-17-2011, 07:45 PM   #20
skinsfanthru&thru
Playmaker

Sons of Anarchy Gets a Fifth Season Order - ComingSoon.net
Old 10-18-2011, 11:02 PM   #21
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

Another one bites the dust.

I've been a part of this message board for 17 years. Damn I'm old.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 11:29 PM   #22
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Another one bites the dust.
Juice, we hardly knew ye. Forrealz though, I'm pretty sad. I liked Juice and what he brought to the table. It's a damn shame he's gone, although I had my suspicions it wouldn't end well for him.

On another note I'm definitely interested to see where this leads to for the club. It's a little too soon for the climax of the season but it sounds like the club has bitten off more than it can chew, and it can only end badly. I hope they pull a switch somehow, but in real life whenever cartels come up it only ends badly.

On another side note it sounds like the branch Juice was hanging from cracked while it faded to the SOA logo at the end, so I'll maintain a slight hint of doubt that he's dead until we see what happens next week.

Last edited by mooby; 10-18-2011 at 11:41 PM.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 12:40 AM   #23
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Major spoiler alert, so please don't highlight this text if you don't want to know what happens next week.

I paused the preview for next week right as it shows the pickup truck doing a driveby on the clubhouse, and unfortunately for me it showed Juice at the table with the guys ducking down to avoid the gunfire, which means his suicide attempt failed. On one hand I'm happy because that means he's alive, but I also feel like it's a dumb cop out.
Old 10-19-2011, 07:28 PM   #24
skinsfanthru&thru
Playmaker

Yeah I'm thinking not dead

yet.
Old 10-20-2011, 07:08 PM   #25
itvnetop
Playmaker

Quote:
Major spoiler alert, so please don't highlight this text if you don't want to know what happens next week.

I paused the preview for next week right as it shows the pickup truck doing a driveby on the clubhouse, and unfortunately for me it showed Juice at the table with the guys ducking down to avoid the gunfire, which means his suicide attempt failed. On one hand I'm happy because that means he's alive, but I also feel like it's a dumb cop out.
*spoiler*

Yeah, I also heard a branch snap and something hit the ground after the episode went to black.

my blather
itvnetop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 11:26 AM   #26
jbcjr14
The Starter

I don't think Juice is dead...I heard the branch break as well.
Old 10-25-2011, 11:05 PM   #27
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

It's getting a little cray cray!!

Old 10-25-2011, 11:25 PM   #28
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
It's getting a little cray cray!!
'Tis only the start. More to come before the season is over, I'd bet. Wasn't that suprised by the events of tonight, I figured it was only a matter of time.
Old 10-25-2011, 11:38 PM   #29
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

Quote:
'Tis only the start. More to come before the season is over, I'd bet. Wasn't that suprised by the events of tonight, I figured it was only a matter of time.
Me either. There's been speculation with some of the fans (so no spoilers here) that Gemma's going to kill Clay at some point.

God, I could only hope.

Old 10-26-2011, 12:29 AM   #30
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Me either. There's been speculation with some of the fans (so no spoilers here) that Gemma's going to kill Clay at some point.

God, I could only hope.
Oh I wish. But if everything went to plan in accordance with who deserves redemption on Clay, I think Opie and Jax would get dibs ripping him apart. He just killed Opie's first wife and father, so Opie deserves to get some justice there. And we already know why Jax will want a shot.

Also on a sidenote this is the second time in two years I've been pissed at Directv. First for getting rid of Versus in a year where the Caps had plenty of games on Versus, and now for getting rid of FX, when I'm watching new seasons of SOA, It's Always Sunny, The League, and Archer in the new year. Those mf'ing pricks need to get their shit straight because not only do I have to pay for a bunch of channels I don't care about, they're also not carrying the channels I actually want to watch. Seriously why couldn't they get into a dispute with the Golf Channel? JFC.