Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Other Sports

Washington Capitals 2010-2011 ongoing thread

Other Sports

Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2010, 02:09 PM   #16
RobH4413
Wildcard Bitches

Re: Washington Capitals 2010-2011 ongoing thread

Went to the last preseason game and what a dud...

My suspicions that they all went out were confirmed when I went to the bar and apparently Ovi was out with one of the waitresses the night before. Explains why they played so terribly.

Got tickets to the 2nd home game, and I'm going to the Skins game Sunday. Pretty exciting weekend.

Advertisements
Old 10-07-2010, 06:39 PM   #17
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneBoost View Post
He'll come around. I really can't wait, remember to sub to my Capitals YouTube channel YouTube - WashingtonCapitalsHD's Channel I try to upload just cool things and obviously badass plays.

Man I can't wait to see King beat the living shit out of people, especially Talbot!

Two videos they showed show far:

Thanks for posting these Boost. It's nice to stay in touch with the local reports and features.

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Old 10-08-2010, 07:39 PM   #18
SirClintonPortis
Pro Bowl

Oh don't worry, I've been right about stuff like Gradkowski and Peyton Hillis. I'm utterly confident that the Redskins will be Super Bowl Champs before the Caps will win the Cup precisely because the Skins' have the right culture being installed in all facets of the organization.

Virtuosity remembered, douchebaggery forgotten.

The ideal character profile shoved down modern Western men and women's throats is Don Juan.
Old 10-08-2010, 08:09 PM   #19
SirClintonPortis
Pro Bowl

And in typical fashion, even when leading, they're having incredible difficulty in clearing the pack out of their zone.
Old 10-09-2010, 09:45 PM   #20
mlmdub130
Playmaker

what a home opener, this is gonna be another great year for caps hockey, and i can't wait.

ST21
Old 10-10-2010, 03:16 AM   #21
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

Well SCP, you wanted grit.

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Old 10-11-2010, 04:37 PM   #22
RobH4413
Wildcard Bitches

Went to the epic skins game yesterday... took a midterm today, and I'm going straight from college park to Chinatown baby!

Let's go CAPS!

Sitting up in the bleeds...but I'm going with a group of 12...so it should be fun. Hopefully we get a solid outing... I need something from my caps...because I went to the last preseason game, and that was UGLY.

I'll see you guys at the drunk thread later.
Old 10-11-2010, 07:57 PM   #23
SirClintonPortis
Pro Bowl

Sorry, Dirtbag, but we stuck it to the Pens last night with Cammalleri and Gomez and also did it to them in the playoffs. You guys, on other hand, have a game 7 choke against them.

Virtuosity remembered, douchebaggery forgotten.

The ideal character profile shoved down modern Western men and women's throats is Don Juan.
Old 10-11-2010, 09:31 PM   #24
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

The Great 8 does it again!!!!!

- FRPLG
Old 10-13-2010, 09:37 PM   #25
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

Did anyone see Neuvy tonight? Guys making a strong case for being the number 1 guy in net.

- FRPLG
Old 10-13-2010, 10:52 PM   #26
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

Calder Watch: John Carlson impresses
October, 13, 2010
OCT 13
4:03
PM ET
EmailPrintComments

Mitchell Layton/NHLI/Getty Images
John Carlson is off to a solid start for the Washington Capitals.
Last Wednesday, I gave you my preseason top five Calder Watch rating. Like last season, I'll update the list periodically -- no less than once a month -- throughout the season.

If you don't see your favorite rookie among these 10 (listed in alphabetical order), don't panic (he may have been on my original top five list). It's a long season. If a kid is good, I'll find him!

1. John Carlson, D, Capitals
The 6-foot-3, 208-pound defender remains a rookie despite playing 22 regular-season and seven playoff games during the 2009-10 season. He's jumped out to a strong start, putting up a goal and three assists in three games while averaging more than 18 minutes a contest.

2. Logan Couture, F, Sharks
The ninth overall choice in the '07 draft, Couture keeps his rookie status despite playing in 25 regular-season and 15 playoff games last season. Now, after some offseason roster moves, he figures to get a full-time chance. He has a goal in two games.

3. Jordan Eberle, F, Oilers
The 20-year-old winger made a statement on opening night with a dazzling, highlight-reel goal against the rival Flames. In two games, he has two points and a plus-2 rating, working more than 15 minutes on each night. Eberle hails from Regina, Saskatchewan, a fact that immediately puts him among Barry Melrose's favorite players.

4. Cam Fowler, D, Ducks
Which was worse: waiting to hear his name called at the 2010 draft, when he slipped from the top five to No. 12, or the Ducks' first three games? It is a tough call. Fowler, 18, has been the least of the woes in Anaheim. If things don't get better, though, it might be better to send him back to junior to avoid the beatings. Fowler has a point and a minus-2 rating in the three games, averaging a significant 22:50 minutes of ice time a contest. He's an important piece of the franchise's future plans.

5. Nick Leddy, D, Blackhawks
As Brian Campbell is sidelined with a knee injury, the 19-year-old is getting some early-season opportunity. In three games, he has a goal and a minus-1 rating, averaging 14:12 minutes. A first-round pick of the Wild who came to the Hawks in the Cam Barker trade last season, Leddy is learning on the job under head coach/former D-man Joel Quenneville.

6. Michal Neuvirth, G, Capitals
The Czech native has worked in 22 NHL games in the past two seasons. In that time, Neuvirth also backstopped back-to-back Calder Cup-winning teams with Hershey in the AHL. With fellow kid goalie Semyon Varlamov on the shelf, Neuvirth has started the club's first three games, going 2-1 with a very respectable .916 save percentage.

7. Tyler Seguin, C, Bruins
The second overall pick in the 2010 draft, Seguin showed a flash of his offensive skills, finishing a breakaway chance against the Coyotes on Sunday in Prague. It will be interesting to see how (and how much) the Bruins use him throughout the season. He's projected as a cornerstone pivot in Boston.

8. Jeff Skinner, C/W, Hurricanes
The seventh overall pick in the '10 draft, Skinner wowed Carolina management with his play in both a prospect tournament and training camp. He looked silky-smooth burying a shootout chance against veteran Wild goalie Nicklas Backstrom last week. A natural center who will work on the wing to ease his transition to the NHL (the defensive responsibilities for a winger aren't as demanding), Skinner has an assist in two games and is averaging 16:25 minutes.

9. Derek Stepan, C, Rangers
The Minnesota native made a huge impact in his first game, scoring three times against a fellow by the name of Ryan Miller in Buffalo. Stepan is just the fourth player in league history to record a hat trick in his first game. In two games, he's plus-3 and is winning half his faceoffs. That's a very strong start.

10. Eric Tangradi, LW, Penguins
Acquired from Anaheim with Chris Kunitz in the deal that sent D Ryan Whitney to the Ducks in February 2009, Tangradi, 21, has progressed through the Penguins system. The big 6-4, 220-pound winger is getting a chance to flank Sidney Crosby, a pretty good opportunity. Still, I don't know whether the Philadelphia native is quite ready. He has an assist in three games.

- FRPLG
Old 10-14-2010, 01:29 AM   #27
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirClintonPortis View Post
Having a cupcake coach, having one of the more gritless teams in the league is not something to be proud of, and having playoff chokers is not something to be proud of. The lack of quality grinders and veteran leadership on the team is the doing of McPhee, and I will bet that Ovechkin will have a Yzerman like career because of that. The only standard that matters is winning the championship, and the Caps do not have the pieces to go all the way nor will they get the pieces to go all the way as long as McPhee is here.
What?

Steve Yzerman interviewed after winning his 1st Stanley Cup

If Ovechkin ends up winning three cups I'll be more then happy. Personally I'd love to see him win more but 3 cups would be a hell of an accomplishment.

- FRPLG
Old 10-14-2010, 07:14 AM   #28
InsaneBoost
The Starter

So Debbie Downer didn't know Yzerman won 3 cups LOL?

Anyways, Capitals undefeated at home, Penguins winless at home, LOL, such a great way to start the season off, a lot of hockey to still be played so it doesn't really matter, BUT!......the last three times the Penguins started off 0-3 they missed the playoffs each time.

UH OH!!!!

Old 10-14-2010, 07:18 AM   #29
InsaneBoost
The Starter

Finally got the Bruce and Ryan dancing commercial, this man cracks me up, along with Zimmerman.

Then just the goals & fight from last night for those who missed:

Old 10-14-2010, 08:37 PM   #30
InsaneBoost
The Starter

LOL I just realized what Bruce hits in this video, don't know why I didn't see it the first time:

Closed Thread