Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

RI: Rogers doesn't know how long benching will last..

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 11-15-2009, 08:53 PM   #16
skinster
Impact Rookie

Re: RI: Rogers doesn't know how long benching will last..

does he have any trade value?
skinster is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-15-2009, 08:54 PM   #17
WaldSkins
Playmaker

Whats Kevin Barnes up to?????
Old 11-15-2009, 09:18 PM   #18
beau_str
Special Teams

Blatche is coaching a top 5 defense and he is a shit coach? that is straight up a dumb comment. he sat rodgers and we won. sounds good to me.
beau_str is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 09:29 PM   #19
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by beau_str View Post
Blatche is coaching a top 5 defense and he is a shit coach? that is straight up a dumb comment. he sat rodgers and we won. sounds good to me.
Makes you wonder how good you could be with competency from the position, doesn't it?

People eat mediocrity up these days.
Old 11-15-2009, 09:40 PM   #20
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Well just to show how much of a fanatic fan I am I watched the first 7 min. of the game and saw the TD he gave up. Then went and continued cleaning out my attic and on to the land fill. I did listen to it though and watched the end but I didn't notice he was taken out of the game. I guess it speaks to how excited I get that he's in the game.

It's painfully obvious he will most likely not be here next yr and thankfully obvious he does not want to be here. I just hope he gets to eat some humble pie like some of the others that have left us, or have had to re-sign at vet minimum. I can only pray someone else step the hell up ....(cough,cough) Barns (cough, cough), (cough, cough) Tryon (cough, cough), or pick someone up in the off season to replace him.

As much as I thought it would be SSDD it's nice to see a win. The players definitly needed it. Good win during an unexpected time. Thankfully I was wrong when I said they wouldn't win another game.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 09:45 PM   #21
30gut
Playmaker

Rogers football IQ is suspect.
He's a decent bump and run CB.
But he has a nasty penchant for giving up the big play.
And IF this article is accurate he seems to have a bad attitude to boot.
I say sit him for the rest of the season start Smoot but also try and get Tryon and Barnes in the mix.
30gut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 10:01 PM   #22
GTripp0012
Living Legend

I don't think there's any doubt that Rogers' attitude is closer to 2006 Jerry Porter than a team looking to win can be reasonably comfortable in, and I don't think it's any secret he hates playing in this defense. You could probably suspend him for conduct detrimental to the team if you really wanted to.

But again, it would distract from the real problem. Our pass defense has been horrendous this year. Luckily, playing the Rams, Lions, Bucs, Panthers, and Chiefs has given the general misconception of adequacy where there is none. But these struggles have come in spite of the fact that the Redskins enjoy a top 5 NFL pass rush, and frankly, neither corner (plus Tryon) has played so terrible this year where you could say, "that's why were not winning".

The coverage breakdowns have come, in general, at the safety level. Now, if the corners were better, we could scheme to mask the lack of coverage abilities of our safeties. But our corners are merely adequate.

No complaints about the front seven, as they've been excellent all year.
Old 11-15-2009, 10:01 PM   #23
cpayne5
Playmaker

I don't get the Rogers hate. He's been one of the better cover corners the Skins have had in the past 10 years.

Everybody hates on the front office for not drafting well and letting good, young, homegrown talent leave, and now everybody is lining up to run him out of town. I find that odd, but fitting, I suppose, for the folks on this site.

It's fairly evident that he will be gone next year, and, as a fan, I find that disconcerting.
Old 11-15-2009, 10:21 PM   #24
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpayne5 View Post
I don't get the Rogers hate. He's been one of the better cover corners the Skins have had in the past 10 years.

Everybody hates on the front office for not drafting well and letting good, young, homegrown talent leave, and now everybody is lining up to run him out of town. I find that odd, but fitting, I suppose, for the folks on this site.

It's fairly evident that he will be gone next year, and, as a fan, I find that disconcerting.
Well I can't speak for others but I did say I would like to see one of the others ie; Barnes, Tryon do well.

I don't have a problem with Carlos I just think he thinks more highly of himself then he's actually worth. He's not a shut down corner. In bumb and run I'll agree he is good, but god forbid he has to play 10-15 yrds off the WR....he sucks. He bites on the first move which was obvious in the TD today and has been mentioned that teams should exploit it. I think it was mentioned in the Bucs game by the announcers.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 11:14 PM   #25
Paintrain
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpayne5 View Post

Have we been watching the same Rogers? Outside of last year's 1st half he's been average. I've seen him beaten many, many times in spots for big plays. I can think of 5 off the top of my head (Galloway for a long TD, Plexico for a long TD, last year vs. Cincy in a must win game, D. Jackson a couple weeks ago vs. Philly and today) and that's not even trying to think of any. The one way that a CB can offset that is by creating turnovers when they get the opportunities, which he has shown time and time again he is not capable of doing. Combine that with an awful attitude and for a Top 10 pick, I am surprised he doesn't get MORE heat.

** Edit ** I've been trying to think of who he reminds me of and it came to me, he's a defensive version of Rod Gardner. He's got all the tools, shows that he's got skills at times but kills you at big times. I remember on Hard Knocks with the Chiefs when Herm cut Gardner, he told him that his attitude and 'want to' have been questioned and while he's got talent, to make it as a successful NFL player he needed to get those things in check. Of course Gardner brushed him off and I see Rogers facing a similar path.

I'm not dead but this team is dead to me...but now that McCloughan is here they may have new life!

Jay Gruden = Zorny McSpurrier
Kirk Cousins = Next Grossman
Paintrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 11:25 PM   #26
Zerohero
Impact Rookie

He really doesn't understand the concept of the "Contract Year". Can't believe he actually said those things.
Zerohero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 11:27 PM   #27
The Goat
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintrain View Post
Have we been watching the same Rogers? Outside of last year's 1st half he's been average. I've seen him beaten many, many times in spots for big plays. I can think of 5 off the top of my head (Galloway for a long TD, Plexico for a long TD, last year vs. Cincy in a must win game, D. Jackson a couple weeks ago vs. Philly and today) and that's not even trying to think of any. The one way that a CB can offset that is by creating turnovers when they get the opportunities, which he has shown time and time again he is not capable of doing. Combine that with an awful attitude and for a Top 10 pick, I am surprised he doesn't get MORE heat.

** Edit ** I've been trying to think of who he reminds me of and it came to me, he's a defensive version of Rod Gardner. He's got all the tools, shows that he's got skills at times but kills you at big times. I remember on Hard Knocks with the Chiefs when Herm cut Gardner, he told him that his attitude and 'want to' have been questioned and while he's got talent, to make it as a successful NFL player he needed to get those things in check. Of course Gardner brushed him off and I see Rogers facing a similar path.
Nice post. I guess the only room for debate is whether Rogers actually has the tools to be elite. He simply can't catch, which means he doesn't create turnovers for your team. Maybe he could be a shutdown corner, though I highly doubt it cuz facing elite WRs Rogers typically gets owned at least one or two plays (that's not shutdown).
Old 11-15-2009, 11:36 PM   #28
rbanerjee23
The Starter

Rogers is not an elite cornerback...rather he is an average corner which is fine...except he thinks of himself as elite. Therein lies the problem...if he sees himself as someone with a lot to improve upon and to learn and puts his head down and puts in the work, I would be proud to call him him a Redskin. But to demand accolades which are undeserved is grounds for removal from the team.

-Mike Shanahan

HTTR
rbanerjee23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 11:51 PM   #29
WaldSkins
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
Well I can't speak for others but I did say I would like to see one of the others ie; Barnes, Tryon do well.

I don't have a problem with Carlos I just think he thinks more highly of himself then he's actually worth. He's not a shut down corner. In bumb and run I'll agree he is good, but god forbid he has to play 10-15 yrds off the WR....he sucks. He bites on the first move which was obvious in the TD today and has been mentioned that teams should exploit it. I think it was mentioned in the Bucs game by the announcers.
Who said anything about Laron Landry
Old 11-16-2009, 12:38 AM   #30
Slingin Sammy 33
Playmaker

Inactivate Rogers, or flat out cut him. Bring Barnes up and get him on the field.
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' — Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Slingin Sammy 33 is offline   Reply With Quote