Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Champ Bailey Returns To DC: HOF Bronco or Skin?

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 11-12-2009, 12:18 PM   #16
MTK
\m/

Re: Champ Bailey Returns To DC: HOF Bronco or Skin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmdub130 View Post
i wasn't talking about potis i was talking about champ, i can see how you could read it that way though.

you think portis is a hof canidate?
Ah gotcha...

Regarding Portis yeah possibly, depending on how he finishes up his career. He's only 28, he still potentially has some good years left. First off he needs a good OL in front of him again, and #2 I think he would need to really dedicate himself to getting in top shape. I think he's a bit lazy at times right now and relies too much on his natural ability.

Advertisements
Old 11-12-2009, 12:18 PM   #17
mlmdub130
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
Enshrinees do not go into the Pro Football Hall of Fame as a member of a certain team. Rather, all of an inductee's affiliations are listed equally.[6] While the Baseball Hall of Fame plaques generally depict each of their inductees wearing a particular club's cap (with a few exceptions, such as Catfish Hunter), the bust sculptures of each Pro Football Hall of Fame inductee make no reference to any specific team. In addition to the bust that goes on permanent display at the Hall of Fame, inductees receive a distinctive gold jacket and previous inductees nearly always wear theirs when participating at new inductee ceremonies.

Pro Football Hall of Fame - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
honestly never realized that, thanks for the info

ST21
mlmdub130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 12:26 PM   #18
joethiesmanfan
The Starter

Portis has good years left, this is just an off year, happens to the best. Atleast get a 1000 yeards this year. iIowe loyalty to Santana and Clinton. Especially Santana, two touchdowns, beat Dallas Monday night, classic Redskin moment. Don't let them go anywhere. We still need another running back, it takes two backs. One experienced(Portis), and one a young monster (1st round draft pick next year). We need tothe fix o-line definitely. We need to fix the run game, that is our biggest problem.
joethiesmanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 12:38 PM   #19
redsk1
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
Haven't we established that unlike the Baseball HOF, in the Football HOF players don't get inducted as part of team? Why do people keep bringing this up?
In the title i put even though they technically don't choose, generally they lead toward one team, right? Like Marcus Allen...? Maybe I'm wrong, just wanted some Champ Bailey talk.

It will be interesting how CP will be remembered. He is our 2nd all time leading rusher. Maybe him and Riggo can make up. Riggo pi**** off alot of people doesn't he.
redsk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 12:40 PM   #20
Rajmahal33
Special Teams

Portis' stats at the end of his career will probably be:
12,000 - 14,000 rushing yds (currently 26th all-time), which would put him anywhere from 15th to 4th all-time...

every back in the top 25 of the career rushing list, who is eligible, is in the HOF, with the exception of Ricky Watters (who may very well still get in) and Otis Anderson. Emmitt Smith, Jerome Bettis, Marshall Faulk, LT, and Tiki are also on that list and all have very good chances of getting in.
Old 11-12-2009, 12:46 PM   #21
GMScud
Swearinger

Quote:
Haven't we established that unlike the Baseball HOF, in the Football HOF players don't get inducted as part of team? Why do people keep bringing this up?
Haha seriously. Thread Fail.
Old 11-12-2009, 12:48 PM   #22
freddyg12
Playmaker

Quote:
ever heard of john elway? but i don't think they have many
damn, that slipped my mind, but if you read the bailey quotes in Skins insider he says something about no hall of famers when he got there, but I guess elway went in since then.
freddyg12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 01:07 PM   #23
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Bronco def.. we traded him away as one of the best players in the game.. why would he feel loyalty to us over them?
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 01:19 PM   #24
Swarley
The Starter

He wanted to leave in the first place
Swarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 02:52 PM   #25
mcarey032
Special Teams

I wonder if Champ was one of the HOF players that Darrell Green and his son were discussing that would go into the HOF who were playing today. I thought that was such an arrogant comment, especially coming from Darrell's son who unless I am mistaken, has yet to really do anything significant at UVA.

Bailey is a lock for the HOF. 8 pro bowls and one of the most dominate corners in the league. He will go in as a Bronco only because the Skins didn't want to pay him and from what he says that he wanted to get out of this organization because of its dysfunction. I would say that he always had problems covering Amani Toomer though.
mcarey032 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 03:04 PM   #26
Paintrain
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Didn't you know that changed when Chad Ochocinco self enshrined himself a few years back? Now anything goes!!

Seriously, that is one of my message board pet peeves along with Blatche/Blache and not understanding the IR when it relates to Colt Brennan.

Sorry, back OT.. Bailey will be remembered primarily as a Bronco I believe. He didn't do anything specifically of note as a Redskin, which probably had more to do with the teams he was on than him in particular. He was outstanding but IMO was never at the level of a Deion, Woodson or one of the true game changers at the position, especially here.

I'm not dead but this team is dead to me...but now that McCloughan is here they may have new life!

Jay Gruden = Zorny McSpurrier
Kirk Cousins = Next Grossman
Paintrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 07:53 AM   #27
dmek25
MVP

i have always thought that CBailey was almost as over rated as prime time. i didnt shed any tears when he left.
Old 11-13-2009, 09:37 AM   #28
freddyg12
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmek25 View Post
i have always thought that CBailey was almost as over rated as prime time. i didnt shed any tears when he left.
I totally disagree. He wasn't/isn't overated in the least, plays every down consistently & wants to win. Unlike Deion, he didn't make a lot of pick 6s, but he could shut down one side of the field 95% of the time.

His leaving was directly related to the dysfunction of the Skins. He wanted to be on a winning team w/some stability.
freddyg12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 09:40 AM   #29
sandtrapjack
The Starter

Quote:
as usual we got the short end of the stick on that trade, even though i am a portis fan, but i would have to think he would go in as a bronco

he is a lock for the hof, and with 8 probowls so far in a 10 year career i would think first ballot as well

does his brother still play with the broncos?
I would not say you got the short end there, actually.

Top tier CB's usually have a longer productive career than running backs anyway, due to the punishment RB's take week in and week out.

RB's entering there 30's are usually on the decline and looking at substitution roles. Where as a CB can still produce at that age.

Asomugha is (imo) the top CB out there now. But shutdown CB's like that are always compared to Bailey. That says a lot about a player.
sandtrapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 09:59 AM   #30
GPRedskin
Camp Scrub

HOFer as a Bronco
GPRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote