Where Do You Bank?

Parking Lot

Old 02-15-2012, 11:20 PM   #16
FRPLG
MVP

Re: Where Do You Bank?

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
I also love USAA. Because everytime I have one of their customers shopping for cheaper insurance I know I can save them several hundred under USAA. They are not cheap for insurance in our area. You own stock in USAA?
There is no such thing. USAA is a non-profit outfit. Members are kind of like share-holders.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 02-15-2012, 11:25 PM   #17
FRPLG
MVP

Also USAA's insurance is often more expensive because it is better. The term sheet may match but they are simply the best to deal with by a mile. They don't have to squeeze every penny out of their customers so they focus on not being dipsh*ts like all the other insurers who have a responsibility to maximize shareholder value.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 11:30 PM   #18
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamiteRave View Post
I would but the account is literally, under my dad's so he'd see all the purchases I make, deposits, withdrawls, etc. Not that I'm doing anything illegal. lol
Plus he would find out about your internet meme addiction...oh wait, that's just in the Pics to Share thread.

I bank with Capital One but I also have a SECU savings account (I got my car loan through them). I've thought about switching to SECU, but haven't felt like doing so. If Cap One starts charging me outrageous fees, I would do it.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 12:41 AM   #19
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

I bank off the backboard all day every day fa sho.

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 01:01 AM   #20
los panda
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
Plus he would find out about your internet meme addiction...oh wait, that's just in the Pics to Share thread.

I bank with Capital One but I also have a SECU savings account (I got my car loan through them). I've thought about switching to SECU, but haven't felt like doing so. If Cap One starts charging me outrageous fees, I would do it.
i had a capital one credit card for several years. shortly after they bought chevy chase, they tried to charge me an annual fee just for using the card. i cancelled my card immediately.
Old 02-16-2012, 01:07 AM   #21
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by los panda View Post
i had a capital one credit card for several years. shortly after they bought chevy chase, they tried to charge me an annual fee just for using the card. i cancelled my card immediately.
My wife and I used to have Cap One cards separately from our bank account and we got rid of them when they started to charge the annual fee.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 01:32 AM   #22
los panda
Pro Bowl

good show. what kind of pictures did you have on yours? i had this photo of myself in my trunk on mine (minus the red text)
Old 02-16-2012, 10:32 AM   #23
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRPLG View Post
There is no such thing. USAA is a non-profit outfit. Members are kind of like share-holders.
I don't know if they are a non-profit but I do know they are a Mutual Insurance Company which means they are owned by the policy holders. At one time USAA was very restrictive on who they would write policies for but over the years have opened their doors to insuring people who have not even served in the military. While they are a very good insurance company by opening the door to more customers it has also driven up their losses and rates. At one time I would not even waste my time quoting a USAA customer because I could not touch their rates. Over the past 5 yrs I have been taking USAA customers saving them from between $200 up to $700 a year on auto ins. In our area if your not a current USAA customer they will not even write you a homeowners policy because of how close we are to the coast.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 10:33 AM   #24
BDBohnzie
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag59 View Post
I bank off the backboard all day every day fa sho.
This.

I'm currenly with Wells Fargo, which was Wachovia, which was First Union, which was Signet Bank, which was Suburban Trust I think. I have the kids' savings accounts in an ING Direct account.

While I was in college, I moved from Signet to M&T Bank (which was AllFirst, who had bought First National Bank of MD, which is there I had actually moved my money to) because they had branches all over Salisbury, MD where I went to school. When allFirst was bought by M&T, I switched back to Wachovia for some reason that I can't remember.

Wells Fargo is ok, although they've screwed up a few checks, including short changing my daughters' day care provider $50 because my 7 looked like a 2 and they didn't compare it to the written amount. There are only 2 branches in Frederick, and they are both a pain to get to, so I'll be switching to PNC here shortly, as there are 2 branches and an ATM at Wawa with 2 minutes of the house. I'd bank with SECU, but the nearest branch is in Rockville, and I like the option of going into a branch, even though I do 99% of my banking online and by ATM.

Anyone have any experience with PNC, good or bad?

“WE TOOK HIM IN THE SIXTH ROUND SO WE'RE NOT SMART EITHER.” - Shanny on what the Skins saw in Alfred Morris
BDBohnzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 10:43 AM   #25
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRPLG View Post
Also USAA's insurance is often more expensive because it is better. The term sheet may match but they are simply the best to deal with by a mile. They don't have to squeeze every penny out of their customers so they focus on not being dipsh*ts like all the other insurers who have a responsibility to maximize shareholder value.
I have a friend who works for USAA as a cliams MGR and he could tell you other wise. Even though they don't have stockholders if they do not control cost their rates go up and if their rates get to high they have people like me taking away their customers. The kicker to that is usually the best customers start to leave first making it even worse. That cycle happens to all insurance companies at some point and as an agent its not much fun.
Old 02-16-2012, 12:30 PM   #26
los panda
Pro Bowl

i'd still like to get a quote from you
Old 02-16-2012, 01:00 PM   #27
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by los panda View Post
i'd still like to get a quote from you
Your in LA and I'm only lic in Virginia. I can tell you our rates in LA are not that great. I'm not saying USAA is not a good company because they are I'm just saying its not the same company it was 10 or 20 years back. You probably are saving money through them but I would also say to shop their rates from time to time.
Old 02-16-2012, 01:13 PM   #28
los panda
Pro Bowl

gotcha, i was very curious. i've gotten quotes from every large company and no one had even come close to usaa. i wanted to compare my rates to yours but i moved from md, not va.
Old 02-16-2012, 01:16 PM   #29
RedskinRat
Franchise Player

Have fun with this link:

Low Interest Credit Cards - LowCards.com

Not affiliated or in any way connected other than I've poked around and found it useful.
RedskinRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 01:20 PM   #30
los panda
Pro Bowl

i'm glad my 2 majors are below those rates