DeAngelo Hall: "We'll dominate our division"

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 04-27-2010, 12:37 AM   #16
Slingin Sammy 33
Playmaker

Re: DeAngelo Hall: "We'll dominate our division"

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
This is a guy that we need on our team! I know alot of you don't like him but he's a playmaker on the ball and led our team in INT's. IMO He's a top 10 CB in the league.

DeAngelo Hall: "We'll dominate our division" | ProFootballTalk.com
When he can tackle Delhomme (or any RB) one-on-one then maybe we can open a discussion on where he stands regarding top-10 CBs. Until then....not so much.
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' — Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Slingin Sammy 33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-27-2010, 12:38 AM   #17
Slingin Sammy 33
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
This is a guy that we need on our team! I know alot of you don't like him but he's a playmaker on the ball and led our team in INT's. IMO He's a top 10 CB in the league.

DeAngelo Hall: "We'll dominate our division" | ProFootballTalk.com
When he can tackle Delhomme (or any RB) one-on-one then maybe we can open a discussion on where he stands regarding top-10 CBs. Until then....not so much.
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' — Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Slingin Sammy 33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 01:02 AM   #18
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slingin Sammy 33 View Post
Well said.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 01:14 AM   #19
CultBrennan59
Pro Bowl

Let's just hope D-Hall takes advantage of this new defense, and gets some INTs/turnovers
Old 04-27-2010, 01:25 AM   #20
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Maybe he expects the line or lb's to get to a running QB.. idk
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 06:57 AM   #21
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
This. For me hearing Shanahan talk about goals, saying it's a difficult path and takes a little luck, is a lot better than a hot air piece by a guy who whiffs on a qb that would seal a game. I like D Hall's ball skills, but leave the dominate the division talk alone until you prove it on a field. (we went 0-6 in division last year, dominating is nice but let's strive for competitive first!)
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 07:34 AM   #22
davy
Impact Rookie

Asking a player how his team will do is like asking a bicycle if it's rider will win the Tour De France.
Old 04-27-2010, 08:40 AM   #23
skinsfan69
Living Legend

sorry but we're not going to dominate the division. we didn't win one game in the division and the only team that we might be better than is Philly. what a stupid comment. hall is an idiot, always has been and always will be. but he is our best playmaker in the secondary so hopefully he'll benefit from the new scheme. and hopefully haslett will teach hall how to tackle.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 08:41 AM   #24
MTK
\m/

I like his confidence and it's nice to hear that guys have confidence in our new coaches/systems.
Old 04-27-2010, 08:44 AM   #25
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

To be fair, the season prior, we beat the Eagles twice and Dallas once. IF we can split the Giants, we ought to go atleast 3-3, possibly 4-2. We could easily beat Philly twice, if Zorn could do it Shanny and McNabb ought to have no problem, and Shanny already said he wants to beat Dallas badly, (probably just to jab JJ about not giving him leverage with DS LOL), so we need to whoop the Giants and then...

DOMINATION!
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 09:04 AM   #26
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by GusFrerotte View Post
Nice to hear some confidence, but then again what else do you expect him to say? We are going to suck? We very well may win the division, but the team is basically the same with the exception of Donovan and Williams, with Carriker along for the ride. We will see how much the line is going to be revamped. Remember Donovan had the best trio of Wrs in the division, if not the entire league last year. He doesn't have those big guns anymore. That being said Kyle's offense is way more open than Zorn's and more akin to Norv's. If Norv had a franchise QB and better safeties, he could have kicked some ass.
No we have a new front office and a verteran coaching staff. Donovan had good WR's last year nut look what he has done in the past with alot less in WR's then we have here.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 09:05 AM   #27
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
To be fair, the season prior, we beat the Eagles twice and Dallas once. IF we can split the Giants, we ought to go atleast 3-3, possibly 4-2. We could easily beat Philly twice, if Zorn could do it Shanny and McNabb ought to have no problem, and Shanny already said he wants to beat Dallas badly, (probably just to jab JJ about not giving him leverage with DS LOL), so we need to whoop the Giants and then...

DOMINATION!
Someone has gotten into the off season Kool-Aid again. I swear they need to lock that sh** up. - - Look, it is in clearly marked containers. Please, please do not post within 30 minutes of consumption.

or, if you must post, please do it on ES (ba-zinga!).
Old 04-27-2010, 09:07 AM   #28
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
sorry but we're not going to dominate the division. we didn't win one game in the division and the only team that we might be better than is Philly. what a stupid comment. hall is an idiot, always has been and always will be. but he is our best playmaker in the secondary so hopefully he'll benefit from the new scheme. and hopefully haslett will teach hall how to tackle.
So you'd rather he say that we suck or something?
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 09:11 AM   #29
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

There is a wiiiiiiiddddeeee gap between "we will dominate" and "we will suck". Perhep DeAngelo could have been a lttle more DeLiberate in his comments and a little less DeLusional.

(Really don't care what the man says, just wanted to do the whole "De____" thing. What can I say, I amuse easily.)
Old 04-27-2010, 09:29 AM   #30
Rajmahal33
Special Teams

Confidence and Optimism are great but nothing replaces Hard Work and Chemistry...a little Luck here and there would help too.

I guess I'm still in a 'wait and see' mode when it comes to our team. There are too many new faces, schemes, and unknowns surrounding the team to make predictions like 11 or 12 wins. Someone here even said we are 1 WR away from the Superbowl. Really? That, to me, is a preposterous statement to make.

We don't even know who our starting 5 guys on the O-line are going to be. Based on drafting one rookie who hasn't played an NFL down (and an average tweener veteran), we've all of a sudden cured our O-line woes...Does anyone remember how bad that unit was last year?

Between that, scheme changes on both sides of the ball, and aging RB's, I don't see how people can be so gung-ho about our chances this year. At least wait until preseason, folks. I feel like we (fans and the media) build the team up to unrealistic expectations every year. Then, when the team "underperforms" we act like the sky is falling and call for sweeping changes in the next offseason, when we should have just stayed the course (see: Marty). I wish that people like DeAngelo could just lock it up until at least one or two games into the regular season. They are fueling the fire of the boom and bust cycle of Redskins nation's morale.