Parking Lot

Old 08-27-2007, 01:38 PM   #16
DEVIL'S OWN
No new threads for you

Re: Overall Thoughts on the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djnemo65 View Post
I got the 360 version.

I love the game and agree that it's probably the best football game ever. The one serious complaint I have is this: how can a game built around the notion that certain players have certain skills neglect to recognize that superstar runningbacks don't fumble multiple times a game, and at critical times? That's a major oversight.

I don't mind increased fumbling. In fact, I think that was necessary. But ball security should be a weapon category or something.

Yea I agree the fumbling is crazy on here, me and my friend run's a franchise every year, and I'm currently 6-0 with the skins and he's 4-2 with the cowboys, and my D has been outstanding, (i did manage to get C.Bailey back) had to give up a 1st a 2nd and S. Springs, but clinton portis has fumbled like 7 times within those 6 games, crazy, C. Cooley is pro bowl bound and on defense C. Rogers is playing spectacular, and A. Carter has 6 sacks, but turnovers are high and even when Clinton make great moves there's a high chance he will fumble, so in the off season, I'm looking to move him (:thumb

Advertisements
Old 08-27-2007, 01:44 PM   #17
Sheriff Gonna Getcha
Franchise Player

I love it, but I still have a few issues. In particular, I don't like how the AI seems to change in the 4th quarter if you are stomping the opponent. I can be winning 40-0 and, all of the sudden, Travaris Jackson QB plays like Peyton Manning, Troy Williamson becomes Marvin Harrison, etc. Has anyone else noticed as much?
Sheriff Gonna Getcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 02:55 PM   #18
BleedBurgundy
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEVIL'S OWN View Post
I know this gone sound like a smart ass......but read your book, and the way you hide during VS mode is hold the a button down on the play you want ,and scroll through the other plays and go on one you want them to to think your gone to pick and release the a button, its pretty cool, cause you can scroll the whole formation and been already pick your play..........
If I liked to read, would I really be playing video games? lol

Thomas Paine
BleedBurgundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 03:24 PM   #19
DEVIL'S OWN
No new threads for you

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBurgundy View Post
If I liked to read, would I really be playing video games? lol
I hear you, BB, alot of my friends think I have on one up on them (if you will), but I tell them if you read your guide you'll know exactly what I know, but yea it be easier now, when you do head to head, at first me and my friend was doing the honest rule, put our head down for 5 seconds and pick our plays, then I read the book and was like dang, i could save us some neck pains..... lol, so now were rolling
Old 08-27-2007, 11:40 PM   #20
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheriff Gonna Getcha View Post
I love it, but I still have a few issues. In particular, I don't like how the AI seems to change in the 4th quarter if you are stomping the opponent. I can be winning 40-0 and, all of the sudden, Travaris Jackson QB plays like Peyton Manning, Troy Williamson becomes Marvin Harrison, etc. Has anyone else noticed as much?

It has always been like that Sheriff.

Shameless self-promotion. It is what it is.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 01:59 PM   #21
BleedBurgundy
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHQUAKE2689 View Post
It has always been like that Sheriff.
It's one of those cheap video game tricks. Racing games are horrible with that crap. I'll be killing the other cars in a race and all of a sudden they're all right behind me.

Anyone else notice the Giants d-line is unblockable this year? I literally could not run to the left side at all.

Thomas Paine
Old 08-28-2007, 02:20 PM   #22
Sheriff Gonna Getcha
Franchise Player

Quote:
Anyone else notice the Giants d-line is unblockable this year? I literally could not run to the left side at all.
Yeah, I've had to put Cooley in motion to the left when I want to run there. Run the Strong I formation, call an off-tackle to the strong side (right), then put Cooley in motion to the left, snap the ball before the defense changes their formation, and allow the RB a second for the blocks to set up. You can't use this play too frequently, but it usually works well. I play All-Madden on 08 and Portis is averaging 5+ yards per pop for me.

Also, I am sure you know this, but change up the plays very often. The more plays you use, the worse the opposing defense is.
Old 08-28-2007, 07:08 PM   #23
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

really I find the Giants to be one of the easiest teams to run on.

Old 08-29-2007, 12:14 AM   #24
djnemo65
Playmaker

More issues: why would you change the play selection screen if you are going to make it worse? I mean, if you are going to make it better, ok. But this year you can see fewer plays at a time, and when you back out of a formation you have to scroll all the way down again to where you were. For the Skins who have about 10 single back formations, if you back out you start at the top. THAT'S LAME!

Santana Moss gets open pretty much every time when I send him on a go route, but he drops about 50 percent of passes thrown to him, even when he's open, and even with wr catching tweaked up to 60 percent. He makes traffic catches but drops wide open bombs?!

The smart defender and smart QB is too powerful for only a few players to have it. Everyone should have it, but the meter should fill up more or less quickly based on the intelligence rating of the player. As it is now, people playing with the Colts or Pats have too huge an advantage.
djnemo65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 08:32 AM   #25
BleedBurgundy
Playmaker

Quote:
really I find the Giants to be one of the easiest teams to run on.
Strange. I have no issues running against other teams, really it's both run and pass blocking. I did a replay and timed how long from the snap of the ball that it took Umenyora (sp?) to get into the qb. 2 seconds. Regularly. Portis is getting hit as soon as I hand the ball off. Not sure how the program works but maybe when I created this franchise, NYG just got a boost of some sort? Doesn't happen if I do a stand alone game. Could be that Todd Wade is still at LG... EQ, what level do you play on? I'm playing on All Madden right now.

Thomas Paine
Old 08-29-2007, 11:32 PM   #26
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

Quote:
Strange. I have no issues running against other teams, really it's both run and pass blocking. I did a replay and timed how long from the snap of the ball that it took Umenyora (sp?) to get into the qb. 2 seconds. Regularly. Portis is getting hit as soon as I hand the ball off. Not sure how the program works but maybe when I created this franchise, NYG just got a boost of some sort? Doesn't happen if I do a stand alone game. Could be that Todd Wade is still at LG... EQ, what level do you play on? I'm playing on All Madden right now.

I play on all-madden. But it is the type of runs you use and most Madden players arent patient when they run. Hitting the sprint button as soon as you hand the ball off is a sure way to be tackled for a loss (unless you are calling a dive play) BUt get the ball find the hole juke to it and sprint through there.

Old 08-30-2007, 12:46 AM   #27
Sheriff Gonna Getcha
Franchise Player

Does anyone else have problems running draw plays? I almost never have holes off the center.
Old 08-30-2007, 01:09 AM   #28
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

I dunno if anyone with the 360 has this glitch (I use the PS3) but I'm well into year 2013 of my Franchise (Skins). And the Skins were playing the Pats in the Superbowl and by this time the Pats had hired a new coach (a made up coach) and they showed his face during the game and it was nothing but gray computer graphics. Like there WAS a face there but no color or anything. Looks like they just jacked an image from the computer sketches and used it as the face with no color.

Anyone else have this problem?

I've been a part of this message board for 17 years. Damn I'm old.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 01:13 AM   #29
KLHJ2
Inactive

Quote:
I play on all-madden. But it is the type of runs you use and most Madden players arent patient when they run. Hitting the sprint button as soon as you hand the ball off is a sure way to be tackled for a loss (unless you are calling a dive play) BUt get the ball find the hole juke to it and sprint through there.
That is why I mostly run dives out of various formations with the occaisional Trap or Counter. Also in the passing game you have to bank on the quick to medium passing routes for results. If you try to stretch the field all day like in other Maddens you will suffer the consequences. If you are having problems with fumbles, do not stiff arm so much. It will cost you the ball. Skinny posts, 9 or go routes work excellent out of the close formation against zone defenses, but you have to hit them quick (beware of the OLB dropping into coverage).
KLHJ2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 09:11 AM   #30
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheriff Gonna Getcha View Post
Does anyone else have problems running draw plays? I almost never have holes off the center.

Draw plays with the redskins are tricky and almost impossible to break a big play with them against the CPU but the best one in the game is the one in the i-formation normal and bounce to the right right behind Jansen and Thomas.