Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Wiz and Skins: A Tale of Two Teams

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 02-22-2005, 11:06 PM   #16
backrow
The Starter

Re: Wiz and Skins: A Tale of Two Teams

I'm glad you brought up Le Bule'!

Nothing worse than a Never-Ending-Basketball-Association game to take up air waves! Ugh! Less than 22% of Americans like the game! I'm in the Majority!

Talking heads spend way too much time on both the scores and the game!

The college game is great, but the NBA, is not as well played! Guys don't even know how to run a decent inside-out offense, few screens, fewer backscreens, and skip passes, and payers only know how to either Dunk, or shoot 3 pointers! No medium range game!

NFL, MLB yes! NBA, & NHL, No!

Don't get me started on Nascar! My favorite time to listen to Nascar, is with my table saw, or router running full blast, or I never stop the dial to listen at all! Give me a break! A fair assessment of any race is as follows:

Cars go fast!
Then, turn left! Big deal, I do more than that to get to work!

Most of all, why are we talking about NBA on the Redskins talk forum? Shouldn't this be parked in the parking lot, out on M street someplace?

Advertisements
Old 02-22-2005, 11:17 PM   #17
Daseal
Puppy Kicker

I'm NFL > NBA > Soccer > NHL > Ping Pong > MLB . NASCAR > Wrestling. Last two are debatable. Nascar isn't even a sport, in my opinion. But as far as television events that aren't regular programs!
Daseal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005, 11:41 PM   #18
itvnetop
Playmaker

i love the wiz!!! i'm so glad they are having some success after sitting through two decades in the doldrums. i remember the days of bernard king and jeff malone... but also the days of pervis ellison and sky walker.... and the trades were made by senile wes unseld (ben wallace for ike austin, rasheed wallace for rod strickland, chris webber for 60 year-old mitch richmond and some shoes)...

but i think one thing has me thinking positive about the nba- it's lebron james. if some of you b-ball enthusiasts stopped watching a few years ago, go ahead and check this guy out. as doug collins said during a game, "this kid can do it all... it's refreshing."
itvnetop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005, 11:58 PM   #19
Daseal
Puppy Kicker

LeBron James career could shadow MJs. I remember downloading some Lebron high school clips when he was getting hyped still in high school. It was unreal how he dogged top tier guys. He was playing against the basketball farm teams who take kids with bad grades, help them out (easy classes) so they can get into college to play ball. I mean, he was going against the best kids his age, and no one was close.
Old 02-23-2005, 12:05 AM   #20
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Lebron is one of those rare athletes who seems to have actually exceeded the hype bestowed upon him. The remarkable thing about him is that, while many players in the past decade have been anointed the next Jordan, before King James came along you really never heard of anyone being anointed the next Magic Johnson. But Lebron has the size and court vision to be the next Magic (on the court) and that's remarkable.
Old 02-23-2005, 10:33 AM   #21
Daseal
Puppy Kicker

I was amazed at his maturity in his rookie season - and his modesty. I think he'll be an amazing player.
Old 02-23-2005, 12:49 PM   #22
Drift Reality
Impact Rookie

Interesting how this thread moved on to LeBron.

I have faith in the Redskins - but it certainly looks grim now...
Drift Reality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 01:57 PM   #23
CRT3
Impact Rookie

Yea if we truly were getting rid of the name the Bullets then why are they wearing those trowbacks with the name the Bullets and better yet allowing Arenas to use that jersey in the All Star Skills Challenge.
Old 02-23-2005, 08:35 PM   #24
monk81
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxknee
the thing is, pro-sports have only been in recent years starting to get paid really high amounts. it doesnt help the fact with the yankees having probably close to a billion dollar pay-roll. but then again they do fairly well every year. if i played sports the league minimun would be great for me what is it, 300,000-500,000? thats really nice. you can still own a fleet of cars with that. you can still own more than 2 houses with that. whatever.

good analysis of the wizards analysis. most basketball teams are well managed i would have to say. its a shame that people dont follow basketball as much as football or baseball. i am going the wizards vs rockets game on march second thank god for college night.
Hey Maxknee.......football is MY PASSION, NBA is my HOBBY! The Wizards have improved dramatically this year. Yes good scouts and a decent GM certainly help. I'm a Spurs fan myself, and our winning formula is to select players that are willing to share the ball and be unselfish in order to win games. While many basketball teams are successful...the exceptions have to be Clippers, Warriors, and look at the Atlantic Division in the
East only one team above .500. I'd take the NBA minimum of $250,000 and sit on the bench and waive a towel. "Tough" work if you can get it. Good Luck to the Wizards and please BEAT the Rockets, my Spurs haven't. I can't stand Tracy McGrady
!
monk81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2005, 01:06 AM   #25
Daseal
Puppy Kicker

Quote:
go 76ers. ai deserves more than what he's got on his team. but i dont think he'll ever want to leave philly
Well, Maxknee... The 76ers just acquired Chris Webber and Jamal Mashburn -- someone got their wish!
Old 02-25-2005, 09:47 AM   #26
monk81
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riggo44
I'm a big Lakers fan. But it still bugged me when the "Bullets" threw out there history by changing there name & jerseys. :vomit-smi Why? Becuse it might offend somone? The "Bullets" were cool.

Your a Lakers fan................... :smashfrea
Spurs fan here..........please dont mention the .04 shot by Fischer last year...............
Old 02-25-2005, 09:49 AM   #27
monk81
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daseal
Well, Maxknee... The 76ers just acquired Chris Webber and Jamal Mashburn -- someone got their wish!
that move was done to keep AI happy and in Philly.............
Old 02-25-2005, 09:53 AM   #28
Daseal
Puppy Kicker

Mashburn is bad as hell - Webber I still have questions about! Let's see if AI stops taking 90 shots a game now!
Old 02-25-2005, 10:34 AM   #29
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Mashbun is done. He's not playing another game this year and most likely will retire once the season is over. Getting Rodney Rogers though, that could be big. He has playoff experience with the Nets and with AI driving and Webber in the low post that should free up room out on the perimeter for Korver and Rogers to bury some threes
Old 02-25-2005, 10:36 AM   #30
Daseal
Puppy Kicker

Really? Damn -- I'm out of it. Mashburn used to be so good!