Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Sally Strikes Again

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 12-22-2005, 10:35 AM   #16
dmek25
MVP

Re: Sally Strikes Again

why would anyone let a women with limited football knowledge get them in an uproar?forget about her
dmek25 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-22-2005, 10:37 AM   #17
firstdown
Living Legend

If you want to send emails they should go to the post and not her. I would also wait to send her emails until after we defeat the G.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 10:40 AM   #18
amorentz
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan
Here's what I sent her.

Sally,

For the life of me, I can't understand why you haven't written about the Redskins in the past 3 or 4 weeks, yet in today's WP you have so conveniently, probably from your New York office, decided to crow about the NY Giants, the Redskins' opponent this weekend.

Now I'm sure you will absolutey deny having anything personal against the Redskins and their fans because, after all, you are a journalist. And I'm sure you want to mention, like one of your articles stated, wrongly I might add, that the Redskins have played the fifth weakest schedule in the NFL this year. But if you must write articles about the home team at least include a few during their winning streak.

Your credibilty is being seriously undermined and questioned amongst the fan base in this area. If you must continue to write for the Post, perhaps it should be for the
New York Post instead.

P.s.

I'm really starting to enjoy these burgundy colored glasses!
Excellent email (especially the PS!)...couldnt have said it better myself, great job!
amorentz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 10:46 AM   #19
onlydarksets
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown
If you want to send emails they should go to the post and not her.
Are you suggesting that it is more effective to send them to the editors, or that it is inappropriate to send them to her personnally? Just clarifying.
onlydarksets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 10:54 AM   #20
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlydarksets
Are you suggesting that it is more effective to send them to the editors, or that it is inappropriate to send them to her personnally? Just clarifying.
Complaining to her will not stop the post from using her. If enough people complain to the post they may make a change in who writes for them. I live in the Va beach area and our local paper does a good job of covering the skins. They give the good and th bad.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 10:55 AM   #21
onlydarksets
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown
Complaining to her will not stop the post from using her. If enough people complain to the post they may make a change in who writes for them. I live in the Va beach area and our local paper does a good job of covering the skins. They give the good and th bad.
That's a good point. No harm in giving her a shot to respond and then forwarding the whole string to the editors, I guess.
Old 12-22-2005, 10:59 AM   #22
SallyJenkins
Camp Scrub

Dear Redskinettes,

I would like to respond to the quesions about my "effectiveness" as a writer as follows:

1) Each of you waits on eggshells every week to read my article - so I must be doing something right.

2) My writing always sparks extensive discussion - so I must be doing something right.

3) Everyone in NY agrees with my assessment - so I must be doing something right.

Yeah, I would prefer to write for a NY newspaper instead of the Washington Post, but apparently they have stricter guideliness regarding "quality." So, I'll continue to entertain my DC fans from NY.

Happy Christikwansikkah!
Sally J.
SallyJenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 11:13 AM   #23
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

Bitch.
Old 12-22-2005, 11:15 AM   #24
Redskins_P
Fight for old DC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMalcolmConnection
Bitch.
C***.

Whore.

Slut.

Did I miss anything?

[Edit - If your mother would punch you for saying it, don't type it]

Last edited by BrudLee; 12-22-2005 at 11:26 AM.
Redskins_P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 11:18 AM   #25
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskins_P
C***.
Quote:
The worst thing I could call her rhymes with bunt.

You said it. I didn't! LOL
Old 12-22-2005, 11:23 AM   #26
SallyJenkins
Camp Scrub

Ok - maybe I'm just writing about the Giants to get the Skins all fired up for the game this weekend. You know - bulletin board material. I mean, take a look at some of this classic motivational stuff:

> "But Coughlin has joined a more important list this season, and that's the list of the best coaches in the NFL." (Good one, right!?)

> "He's schooled a young quarterback in Eli Manning, who has barely played a full season, into a major factor" (Oh yeah - Eli scares the bejesus out of you, doesn't he?!)

> "and toughened the formerly fumble-prone Tiki Barber into a contender for the league's most valuable player." (Cause everyone knows that Tiki sucked it up before Coughlin...)

> "Coughlin's insistence on dress codes and sitting up straight seems petty at first -- until it starts to pay off." (I think it's pretty clear that the Giants are winning directly because of the dress code and sitting up straight during meetings...)

There you go - ok? Cut me a break already -

Go Giants! (OOPS!)
XOXO,
Sally J.
Old 12-22-2005, 11:27 AM   #27
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

Good posture is directly correlating to winning football teams. Belie' dat.
Old 12-22-2005, 11:33 AM   #28
SallyJenkins
Camp Scrub

Quote:
Good posture is directly correlating to winning football teams. Belie' dat.
From now on, I'm going to write all of my columns sitting up straight in a business suit.

You can expect much better articles in the future as a direct result.
Old 12-22-2005, 11:37 AM   #29
#56fanatic
The Starter

Granted I do believe Sally has a grudge or what ever against Danny, that probably comes from being jelous about his riches at such a young age. However, I dont see what the big deal is about writing about another team. Wilbon does it. He isn't even a redskin fan, but he seems to get the benfit of the doubt. I dont generally care for Sallys articles either, never read them actually unless someone here puts them on the threads. In the latest article she didn't have anything negative to say about the skins, which is a first. I would take it as a compliment that she isn't doing any bashing this week. She gets paid alot of money to piss people off, which she obvioulsy is very good at.
#56fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 11:42 AM   #30
onlydarksets
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by #56fanatic
Granted I do believe Sally has a grudge or what ever against Danny, that probably comes from being jelous about his riches at such a young age. However, I dont see what the big deal is about writing about another team. Wilbon does it. He isn't even a redskin fan, but he seems to get the benfit of the doubt. I dont generally care for Sallys articles either, never read them actually unless someone here puts them on the threads. In the latest article she didn't have anything negative to say about the skins, which is a first. I would take it as a compliment that she isn't doing any bashing this week. She gets paid alot of money to piss people off, which she obvioulsy is very good at.
I think it's the timing and nature of her pieces that piss people off. She only writes after Skins losses, and only writes negative stuff. Wilbon writes after wins and losses, and a lot of his articles are positive (when there is something positive to write about).

Nobody is asking her to be disingenuous - just consistent. You can't, as a "journalist" only write columns to bash a team when there are positives to be written about. It's just shoddy work.

The part about her writing about other teams is only an issue because she is not doing her job covering her "home" team. If she were (as Wilbon does), nobody would care.