Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Jansen on ESPN

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 04-24-2005, 07:36 PM   #16
Davnpurt
Camp Scrub

Re: Jansen on ESPN

To begin with, I find myself each year thoroughly enjoying Jansen's comments and insights. He outright criticized the Vikings organization with Corey Chavious in the room a couple of years ago and this year he continued to impress. I think the comment surrounding DUI's and steroids was said merely in jest and not a verbal stab at ST. However, it is about time the franchise players of this team stop ripping the front office apart and start defending them and the team as a whole. Jansen continually sets a standard and is concise and thoughtful in doing so. Taylor's gonna be great one day but right now he's acting like a 13 yr old who just got grounded. I hope Jansen, R. Thomas and whoever else w/in Redskins Park who sees loyalty in the company paying them millions to play a sport we all love to watch steps up properly and exposes the players who are dogging in.
Davnpurt is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-24-2005, 07:43 PM   #17
Daseal
Puppy Kicker

We need to keep some players around and make them set these guys straight - but don't just talk in the offseason. Set these guys straight during the season!
Old 04-24-2005, 08:44 PM   #18
CRT3
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by offiss
I don't think he slammed the organazation so much, I think he was kind of explaining what they went through and that the coach is still upgrading the offensive game plan as he becomes more acclimated back into the NFL. In other words he was saying we are getting better which I felt he was kind of sticking up for the coach.
I think that stuff should be kept in house and its a bad reflection on the Skins as a whole.
Old 04-24-2005, 08:49 PM   #19
itvnetop
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by wewhite3
Who wants to tell this to Sean Taylors Face???????
hehehe, if it comes down to a fight, i don't think the O-linemen are ever underdogs...
itvnetop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 09:47 PM   #20
monk81
The Starter

I like Jansen.........if any player eptomizes Joe Gibb's kinda guys it's Jansen........

Give 'em hell.....someone needs to do something to make Taylor grow up.....but I bet Taylor won't even listen..........
Old 04-24-2005, 09:56 PM   #21
skinsfanthru&thru
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by itvnetop
hehehe, if it comes down to a fight, i don't think the O-linemen are ever underdogs...
no doubt considering that Taylor is a bit of a pip squeak in comparision to Jansen. I don't like teammates calling each other out over personal stuff like Daseal said, but I don't have a problem with Jansen (who is generally viewed as the leader of the team) letting guys causing waves know that that crap ain't gonna fly in DC. Almost everyone related to the team has practically coddled Taylor dispite him jumping back into the proverbial frying pan every time we turn around and I like someone finally saying something.
skinsfanthru&thru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 01:22 AM   #22
offiss

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRT3
I think that stuff should be kept in house and its a bad reflection on the Skins as a whole.

This team is in an attitude transition, Gibbs believes if he gets enough of the right kind of individuals on the team which make up the majority and the prevailing attitude, he will be able to keep the rebel attitude in check, that was a big part of this draft, I wouldn't be surprised if we start to see more of what Jansen did in the coming year, players and personalities are going to clash and the majority will prevail, that's why Gibbs drafted these players in the later rounds not only are they NOT troublemakers but they are humble and of strong charector. At least that's the way it looks on the surface.
offiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 01:57 PM   #23
SkinsRock
Impact Rookie

Jansen did nothing but state the truth. Everyone knows that the offense was outdated, particularly in the first half of the season, but it did show improvement towards the end of the season. As for Taylor, he was saying the same thing we have been saying! Show up!
It's sooo nice to see a well respected player that is a leader, tell it like it is, instead of bitching about contracts, injuries, not showing up to work outs, or whatever.... I see Jansen being exactly the same way to their faces when the locker room doors are closed. We really missed him last year on and off the field...but he's back! :headbange
SkinsRock is offline   Reply With Quote