Redskins Thumbs up and Thumbs down

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-04-2009, 05:05 PM   #16
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: Redskins Thumbs up and Thumbs down

Thumbs up: The Defense, Cooley

Thumbs Down: Zorn, JC, the OLine

This offense is garbage and has been from Day 1 this season. We will be lucky to win 5 games this season with this heap of crap. Anyone who thinks Heyer and Reinhart are the answers at their positions needs a psych evaluation, they need to improve now. Rabach had several bad plays as well. The way the Defense weathered 4 JC turnovers says alot. JC was aweful today and just looks lost sometimes.
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-04-2009, 05:08 PM   #17
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamiteRave View Post

Thumbs sideways: Jason Campbell.
oh sweet, anti-gravity
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 05:10 PM   #18
Paintrain
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Thumbs up: The Defense, Cooley

Thumbs Down: Zorn, JC, the OLine

This offense is garbage and has been from Day 1 this season. We will be lucky to win 5 games this season with this heap of crap. Anyone who thinks Heyer and Reinhart are the answers at their positions needs a psych evaluation, they need to improve now. Rabach had several bad plays as well. The way the Defense weathered 4 JC turnovers says alot. JC was aweful today and just looks lost sometimes.
At this point, what's your alternative suggestion? Why bitch about something that's got no change of changing?

Thumbs up: Cooley, Portis, D-line, D. Hall
Thumbs down: Rogers (ugh), Campbell, O-line

This was BY FAR the worst Campbell has played as Redskins QB and we emerged with a win. If we can see more of what we saw in the 2nd half from him and Portis, we could salvage something of this year.

I'm not dead but this team is dead to me...but now that McCloughan is here they may have new life!

Jay Gruden = Zorny McSpurrier
Kirk Cousins = Next Grossman
Paintrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 05:11 PM   #19
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintrain View Post
At this point, what's your alternative suggestion?
exactly, time to evaluate our draft picks

you can't judge them on a game or sometimes even a season
Old 10-04-2009, 05:25 PM   #20
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintrain View Post
At this point, what's your alternative suggestion? Why bitch about something that's got no change of changing?

Thumbs up: Cooley, Portis, D-line, D. Hall
Thumbs down: Rogers (ugh), Campbell, O-line

This was BY FAR the worst Campbell has played as Redskins QB and we emerged with a win. If we can see more of what we saw in the 2nd half from him and Portis, we could salvage something of this year.
My only suggestion is prayer for this entire offense because right now I see no change in changing fo sho. I would like to see one of them emerge as a viable starter in this league no doubt, but what I seen so far doesnt give me hope. Hopefully we start spending draft picks in the future on Oline instead of 3 second rounders who produced what 1 reception today or was it 2? And by your choice of thumbs down (O-line) sounds like you might agree. These guys just need to show something.
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 05:37 PM   #21
dmvskinzfan08
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldSkins View Post
Thumbs down to whomever shut down the online feed to watch the game.
RIGHT!! Worse than getting teased by Megan Fox or Beyonce and then having them walk away with your hands tied up..lmao.
HTTR 09 - RIP#21
HATERS << Misery Loves Company
dmvskinzfan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 05:50 PM   #22
ethat001
Impact Rookie

Regarding Jason Campbell: Let's be truthful. We wanted Jason Campbell to throw downfield, and I'm pretty sure many here said they wouldn't mind a few interceptions if he did so.

So he had four turnovers. The fumble was mostly the offensive line's fault, they SUCKED to begin the game. Led to a score. As far as I remember, the other three interceptions only led to about 3 points, and who cares about interceptions on 4th downs?? Sort of like a punt in my mind.

My point is, at least he was taking shots.. And that in my mind is a POSITIVE for the game. Forget the interceptions -- at least for now. He hasn't thrown many in his career. I'd rather he take that chance to Moss deep with Qualib & get 7 points to win the game..
ethat001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 05:57 PM   #23
wilsowilso

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethat001 View Post
Regarding Jason Campbell: Let's be truthful. We wanted Jason Campbell to throw downfield, and I'm pretty sure many here said they wouldn't mind a few interceptions if he did so.

So he had four turnovers. The fumble was mostly the offensive line's fault, they SUCKED to begin the game. Led to a score. As far as I remember, the other three interceptions only led to about 3 points, and who cares about interceptions on 4th downs?? Sort of like a punt in my mind.

My point is, at least he was taking shots.. And that in my mind is a POSITIVE for the game. Forget the interceptions -- at least for now. He hasn't thrown many in his career. I'd rather he take that chance to Moss deep with Qualib & get 7 points to win the game..
I love the fact JC threw three int's today. I hope he throws three more next week as long as he throws two more sick td passes to go along with it. Eventually he can cut back the int's, but we have to let this guy loose and just go for it.

Sometimes you just gotta say what the ....

It's time.
wilsowilso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 06:01 PM   #24
wilsowilso

I promise you all that after JC threw those two great td's in such a short period of time the Bucs secondary as well as their defensive coaches felt more fear than any team we have faced this year has had against us by a large margin.

Anaylsts keep saying teams don't fear JC. If he starts throwing three td's and three int's per game they will start getting nervous very quickly.
wilsowilso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 06:18 PM   #25
dmvskinzfan08
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsowilso View Post
I promise you all that after JC threw those two great td's in such a short period of time the Bucs secondary as well as their defensive coaches felt more fear than any team we have faced this year has had against us by a large margin.

Anaylsts keep saying teams don't fear JC. If he starts throwing three td's and three int's per game they will start getting nervous very quickly.
Agreed. What's to fear if we are throwing screen passes and drink and dunks. But throwing a 50+ yrad bomb to Moss will scare the hel louf of defenses. He is taking shots down the field. We won the game despite the interceptions. This might have been a good thing for JC. Maybe this will loosen him up. He sees he can take chances and make mistakes but then still come back and whin a game. This is part of his continual growth. NExt week we are beating KC.
HTTR 09 - RIP#21
HATERS << Misery Loves Company
dmvskinzfan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 07:06 PM   #26
diehard
The Starter

Thumbs up to Jarmon sealing the victory!
diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 07:48 PM   #27
franklinhimself
Special Teams

Yeah. I was busy watching the stupid helmets move on the ESPN gamecast. It sucked.
I think the come from behind win gives us a little momentum into next week @ Carolina.

Thoughts on Campbell- well since I didn't see the game, I personally can't say he seemed slow, but some of you have. Maybe the ankle was a little more tender than we thought/ limited his footwork? In this league you CAN throw 3 INT but win the game with the deep ball and make two TDs. I agree with others that that part of the game makes me happy.

Portis with 98 yards is just as good as 100; dude is our workhorse. Betts sucks, and would like to see Aldridge get more touches.

Like everybody else, I'm thinking this team still has the same weapons on offense it had 4 years ago, and the only thing that's changed is their age. I can't see us getting to 500 without more production from the 2nd round shit heads. That's a reflection on coaching, too.
franklinhimself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 08:18 PM   #28
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehard View Post
Thumbs up to Jarmon sealing the victory!
Where are the f'ers that were whining about "wasting" our pick on Jarmon?
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 08:20 PM   #29
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
Where are the f'ers that were whining about "wasting" our pick on Jarmon?
I know I wasn't around much but thought that the general consensus was a 3rd wasn't too bad if he was 1st potential.. I remember leading up to it before people knew much about him they were worried about it though.
Old 10-04-2009, 08:35 PM   #30
44Deezel
The Starter

Thumbs up - Defense (I believe that's 27 games in a row holding opponents under 30 points. The longest streak in the NFL, I think). Also, that chick that kicks for the Bucs. She was our MVP today. And Haynesworth's glute muscle for hanging in there the whole game.

Thumbs down - Hunter Smith's groin, the offense (lower case 'o'), Carlos Rodgers' hands of titanium.