Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

New poll: Predict the outcome of the Redskins game!

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-02-2009, 02:07 PM   #16
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Re: New poll: Predict the outcome of the Redskins game!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pg86 View Post
Ill settle for the killing of this thread.

IT doesn't matter we lost to the lions lol skins will win or they will fall to hell
Don't tell the mods what to do. and no snide comments.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-02-2009, 02:36 PM   #17
KLHJ2
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmvskinzfan08 View Post
17-14 Redskins. Slide by on a field goal.
Unless it is a 52 yarder.
KLHJ2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 04:24 PM   #18
Darrell_Green_28
The Starter

I will use this seeing that I do not know if we have pull our head out of our ass yet. Copied from
RealScouts: 10 Bold Predictions For Week 4 - NFL - Yahoo! Sports

Redskins will launch capital blowout

The Redskins are being ridiculed for losing to the Lions last week, and coach Jim Zorn’s hind parts are squarely in the hot seat, but look for the Skins to bounce back in a big way at home this week against the Tampa Bay Bucs, who are 31st in the NFL with 30.3 points allowed per game.

Zorn likes to take risks in his play-calling, and this week he will pull out all the stops against a Buccaneers team that hasn’t been able to get anything positive going on either side of the ball. Expect 30+ points in a victory this week.
Old 10-02-2009, 04:37 PM   #19
GridIron26
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darrell_Green_28 View Post
I will use this seeing that I do not know if we have pull our head out of our ass yet. Copied from
RealScouts: 10 Bold Predictions For Week 4 - NFL - Yahoo! Sports

Redskins will launch capital blowout

The Redskins are being ridiculed for losing to the Lions last week, and coach Jim Zorn’s hind parts are squarely in the hot seat, but look for the Skins to bounce back in a big way at home this week against the Tampa Bay Bucs, who are 31st in the NFL with 30.3 points allowed per game.

Zorn likes to take risks in his play-calling, and this week he will pull out all the stops against a Buccaneers team that hasn’t been able to get anything positive going on either side of the ball. Expect 30+ points in a victory this week.
This would be nice, but I just don't see it happening.. Especially when an article in redskins.com said that Zorns wants our running game to be back..

Speaking of the running game, Portis is game-time decision.. I really believe that we should go ahead and not play him in the game.. Playing him is only going to worsen the injuries.. We already have Betts, Mason and Alridge; use them.. We might would need Portis later in the season, and we won't have him if we continue to play him while he's injured..
GridIron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 04:44 PM   #20
GusFrerotte

Quote:
Originally Posted by GridIron26 View Post
This would be nice, but I just don't see it happening.. Especially when an article in redskins.com said that Zorns wants our running game to be back..

Speaking of the running game, Portis is game-time decision.. I really believe that we should go ahead and not play him in the game.. Playing him is only going to worsen the injuries.. We already have Betts, Mason and Alridge; use them.. We might would need Portis later in the season, and we won't have him if we continue to play him while he's injured..

Zorn was wondering if playing Clinton was worth it as he would be in this situation all year. Better him rest up and get healthy than play at 70% every game. But then ZOrn says he'll probably play him since he is a gamer, etc. IF we can't beat the Bucs with Betts then we are in a world of hurt. I say rest Clinton this week and even maybe next week. WE need him 100%!!!!!!! I am not going to make a prediction about the score. I think Skins win, but it won't be a blowout. I think it will be more decisive than the Rams game though.
GusFrerotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 04:47 PM   #21
NYCskinfan82
Playmaker

I just want to win i don't care by how much or how just win.
NYCskinfan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 07:58 AM   #22
hugeskinsfan182
Camp Scrub

Angry Re: New poll: Predict the outcome of the Redskins game!

i love the optomism, really... but guys, we just lost to detriot. not because were a bad team, because we had no freakin heart in the game. i couldve scored a touchdown from that half yard line last week. these guys are playing for paychecks, and its disgusting.

heck if i remember right, the skins have the biggest payroll in the NFL and we consistently play like garbage. it comes together every now and then... but more often then not, it doesnt.

what makes you all think the skins will win against tampa bay, a team alot like ours, good D, poor O. this games going tp end up something retarded like.. 5-3 tampa. something ridiculous.

actually forget it, we havent entirely imploded yet, bucs win 38 to 13, they go off knowing that were playing pathetically and believe they can easily walk all over us like detriot and stafford did from the HALF yard line.

over 50% of 3rd downs? yea... cant wait for next year

thank god its hockey season
Old 10-03-2009, 08:07 AM   #23
44Deezel
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry View Post
Bucs by 4 points.

Wash, Rinse, Repeat. I don't see the Skins doing anything deiiferent this week, they have been heading in the same direction since the middle of last year and it isn't going to turn around any time soon.
I think they win, but that dude Josh is going to run all over them. They'll over-pursue all day.
Old 10-03-2009, 08:10 AM   #24
44Deezel
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugeskinsfan182 View Post
i love the optomism, really... but guys, we just lost to detriot. not because were a bad team, because we had no freakin heart in the game. i couldve scored a touchdown from that half yard line last week. these guys are playing for paychecks, and its disgusting.

heck if i remember right, the skins have the biggest payroll in the NFL and we consistently play like garbage. it comes together every now and then... but more often then not, it doesnt.

what makes you all think the skins will win against tampa bay, a team alot like ours, good D, poor O. this games going tp end up something retarded like.. 5-3 tampa. something ridiculous.

actually forget it, we havent entirely imploded yet, bucs win 38 to 13, they go off knowing that were playing pathetically and believe they can easily walk all over us like detriot and stafford did from the HALF yard line.

over 50% of 3rd downs? yea... cant wait for next year

thank god its hockey season
I wonder what Detroit thinks of all the, "We're just not playing well" BS coming out of DC. The rest of the league thinks the Skins just suck, while the Skins think they're great, but not playing well yet.

Skins will win this one, but I don't think it will be a blow out. The biggest margin of victory in the Zorn era - 8 points. And we played several teams as bad as these Bucs.
Old 10-03-2009, 08:38 AM   #25
Zorny
Camp Scrub

More embarrassment for the skins...
Zorny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 09:44 AM   #26
TheSmurfs22
The Starter

24-21 Bucs.
Old 10-03-2009, 09:55 AM   #27
JIM KENYI
Camp Scrub

Bucs 20 Redskins 17

Last edited by JIM KENYI; 10-03-2009 at 09:59 AM. Reason: Delete prediction
JIM KENYI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 10:51 AM   #28
Redskin Warrior
The Starter

I think the Skins show some heart and get 1 defensive td, 2 offensive td's to win 21-10 Skins!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
First they ban winning...now this?
Redskin Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 12:24 PM   #29
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

I really, truly think the Redskins win this game. I didn't think they'd beat the Lions last week. But I think the Skins get their act together this week. God.. They kinda have to. Imagine the backlash they'll get if they lose this game on top of the Lions game.. But it won't be a blow out, so don't expect that.

Skins 17
Bucs 13

I've been a part of this message board for 17 years. Damn I'm old.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 01:40 PM   #30
The Goat
Pro Bowl

Mark these words: every team we face will have the attitude that if they just play hard-nosed, tough and disciplined football a win is almost certain. It means teams like the Bucs or Lions know they have a win at their fingertips, and these are teams hungry for a win. Meanwhile our sideline continues to see a vacuum of leadership, hence a plethora of stupid mistakes and on-again-off-again type plays/players.

Specifics for this game: Phat Al isn't fully healthy. Portis is already gimpy and Betts has been totally underwhelming this year. Most importantly Sellers is hurt and that means the ground attack becomes next to impotent.

Unless Zorn had a complete epiphany over the last week and learned how to be a leader of men I think a win is next to impossible tomorrow.

Bucs 17-3

[Edit] I was wrong when...

...sometimes it's really, really nice to be wrong And props to Al, CP and Sellers all playing w/ injuries.

Last edited by The Goat; 10-05-2009 at 01:12 AM.
The Goat is offline   Reply With Quote