Slingin Sammy 33's - Unforgiven

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-30-2009, 11:06 AM   #16
Longtimefan
Playmaker

Re: Slingin Sammy 33's - Unforgiven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
Rogers has always struggled in playing the ball. He rarely gets his head around.

And you can't play corner in this league if you don't know the flight of the ball. Some passes he easily could intercept if he knew where the ball was.
Longtimefan is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-30-2009, 10:31 PM   #17
Slingin Sammy 33
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
Great work. Lots of good stuff in here.
Thanks GTripp. When you do your review, take a look at Heyer. He's catching a lot of flack, but I just looked back tonight and watched him specifically. Outside of the first series, when he got beat badly and didn't come out of his stance (missed the snap), then came back and jumped on the next play, he was pretty solid. Only one play that he really got beat on was the split back hand-off to Portis. The two big Portis runs were also from his side.
I would like to see him more aggressive in pass-pro, but his footwork still isn't where it should be and it appears he's a bit tentative to punch too hard, reach and get off balance. Overall he's a solid RT, not a Pro Bowler but he's getting the job done. He and Rinehart could develop into a real force that could be together for a bunch of years if their footwork and technique improves a bit. Both are big strong guys and seem to be working hard.
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' — Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Slingin Sammy 33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 11:16 PM   #18
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longtimefan View Post
And you can't play corner in this league if you don't know the flight of the ball. Some passes he easily could intercept if he knew where the ball was.
In that throw to B. Johnson I was thinking pick...then I realized it was C. Rogers.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 11:26 PM   #19
44Deezel
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
In that throw to B. Johnson I was thinking pick...then I realized it was C. Rogers.
I was thinking, "If only our QB could throw that pass and keep the ball in-bounds." Oh schnap!
Old 09-30-2009, 11:31 PM   #20
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44Deezel View Post
I was thinking, "If only our QB could throw that pass and keep the ball in-bounds." Oh schnap!
You could've gone with..."if only our coach could call for a pass in the red zone" as well. LOL.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 12:03 AM   #21
The Goat
Pro Bowl

Can anybody really understand why Blache still has his job? I think w/o question this year's defense is more talented yet the group has regressed markedly...I think we're 15th overall and 22nd against the run. That is an embarrassment especially since our defense is so geared toward stopping the run w/ Daniels at LDE and phat Al in the middle. Bottom line is it falls on Blache to put the pieces together and make the group better than it was the year before. He seems to be failing miserably. Why not let the most talented defensive assistant takeover for the rest of the season? Blache would be gone after this year anyway...
Old 10-01-2009, 12:09 AM   #22
44Deezel
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
You could've gone with..."if only our coach could call for a pass in the red zone" as well. LOL.
That too, but I was dissing Campbell on the weak-ass fade pass he threw to Kelly Malcomb on the first drive. Out o' bounds.... again.
Old 10-01-2009, 12:26 AM   #23
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Great post, I agree with it for the most part. The only thing I'm not in agreement with is JC's ball handling skills.

On the first fumble (first play of the game I think), the ball was snapped high and he had to jump to corral it. I don't think that's his fault. On the second fumble (the one where he was trying to pass it and the ball just slipped out of his hands and fell to the turf) well that one can be chalked up to just a slight mistake of not gripping the ball. Maybe it slid out of his hand for all we know. Either way I don't think that's indictive of a huge fumbling problem.
Old 10-01-2009, 01:31 AM   #24
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Lots of good tidbits in here Sammy, thanks for the review. I pretty much wholeheartedly agree. I don't know if Blache is doing this so that the O can't kill us if we get too aggressive, but we definitely need turnovers and defensive scores if we want to win.
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 01:32 AM   #25
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Great post, I agree with it for the most part. The only thing I'm not in agreement with is JC's ball handling skills.

On the first fumble (first play of the game I think), the ball was snapped high and he had to jump to corral it. I don't think that's his fault. On the second fumble (the one where he was trying to pass it and the ball just slipped out of his hands and fell to the turf) well that one can be chalked up to just a slight mistake of not gripping the ball. Maybe it slid out of his hand for all we know. Either way I don't think that's indictive of a huge fumbling problem.
Regardless, you can't do the second one.. the first one was indeed a pretty high snap.
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 08:27 AM   #26
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slingin Sammy 33 View Post
Thanks GTripp. When you do your review, take a look at Heyer. He's catching a lot of flack, but I just looked back tonight and watched him specifically. Outside of the first series, when he got beat badly and didn't come out of his stance (missed the snap), then came back and jumped on the next play, he was pretty solid. Only one play that he really got beat on was the split back hand-off to Portis. The two big Portis runs were also from his side.
I would like to see him more aggressive in pass-pro, but his footwork still isn't where it should be and it appears he's a bit tentative to punch too hard, reach and get off balance. Overall he's a solid RT, not a Pro Bowler but he's getting the job done. He and Rinehart could develop into a real force that could be together for a bunch of years if their footwork and technique improves a bit. Both are big strong guys and seem to be working hard.
Heyer was a good player in college at Maryland. I think that he would have had a chance to be drafted if he hadn't suffered a series of injuries that kept him off the field.

His main deficiency is his serious lack of foot speed. I mean, the guy is s-l-o-w. But he's a competitor.

If he's a little too focused on technique at he expense of aggressiveness right now, I think I can understand why. He's a smart guy and I'm sure he knows that he needs to make up for his relative lack of speed and quickness with good technique. Once he gets his technique down, I think he'll be able to be more aggressive.

I don't know much about Rinehart except that he seems to have improved quite a bit. From what I've read about him, he seems to be motivated to succeed.

The Redskins coaches need to decide if Heyer and Rinehart are their guys on the right side of the OL. If so, then they need to keep them together on the field so they can continue to get better at working as a tandem.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 08:53 AM   #27
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
Heyer was a good player in college at Maryland. I think that he would have had a chance to be drafted if he hadn't suffered a series of injuries that kept him off the field.

His main deficiency is his serious lack of foot speed. I mean, the guy is s-l-o-w. But he's a competitor.

If he's a little too focused on technique at he expense of aggressiveness right now, I think I can understand why. He's a smart guy and I'm sure he knows that he needs to make up for his relative lack of speed and quickness with good technique. Once he gets his technique down, I think he'll be able to be more aggressive.

I don't know much about Rinehart except that he seems to have improved quite a bit. From what I've read about him, he seems to be motivated to succeed.

The Redskins coaches need to decide if Heyer and Rinehart are their guys on the right side of the OL. If so, then they need to keep them together on the field so they can continue to get better at working as a tandem.
From what little I know, That is a huge part of it. IF they are capable, and IF they both stay healthy I think time together in live games will help them forge a solid right side of the line. I realize those are big ifs, but I am now looking at this season as the forging season. Let's see what youth we really have. If they can come together, we will see a better team in the second half of our season. That would be a good thing
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 08:55 AM   #28
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post

Rabach's shotgun snaps haven't been the best this year. He seems to be all over the place and often puts too much mustard on it.