Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Lavar's twitter

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-29-2009, 11:55 AM   #16
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

Re: Lavar's twitter

The problem is that even if Lavar is right, there is nothing to be done about the situation other than to pray that Snyder wakes up.
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-29-2009, 11:55 AM   #17
skinsguy
Pro Bowl

Snyder has owned the team long enough to learn and know the NFL. The learning and changing phase is over for Dan. He's got the money. If he needs to realize that building a winning team starts from the top down. It starts with him. I do realize in his mind, he thinks he is doing everything possible to build a winning team, but he is ignoring key areas in making that possible. Vinny is not the answer. The hands on approach to an NFL team isn't the answer either.
Old 09-29-2009, 12:20 PM   #18
FRPLG
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
That's my belief too. Rather than see an owner who is learning and changing, it sounds like LaVar is stuck in the past (where he was a Redskins great :yeahright) and is just hating Snyder.
It's been 10 years. The time for learning has passed. We should be getting better results. But I do agree that LA isn't exactly the guy to be selling the message. What with being all bitter and totally biased. Maybe B Mitch would be better. Oh wait..
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 12:26 PM   #19
Gmanc711
Thank You, Sean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
I used to feel the same way but now I'm coming around to the idea that the common denominator all along has been Snyder.

We've tried different coaches with different philosophies and obtained the same results. I don't buy the talent issue or the coaching issue. There's no way this team should be losing to the Lions or barely beating the Rams. I'm not saying we have the most talent in the league, but we're certainly in the middle of the pack at least and shouldn't be struggling with the bottom feeders of the league.

I do think it's time for Snyder to hire a reputable football mind to be the GM and run the show with 100% authority over all football related decisions, and time for Snyder to step into the background and resign himself to inking the paychecks only.
My thoughts exactly. I'll never say Dan Snyder doesnt want to win, because he clearly tries very hard to win. He doesnt bring in a guy like Albert Haynesworth because he just wants to get by and cash paychecks... We may disagree with Snyder on a lot of things, but you cannot deny the guy wants to win football games...

I am just coming aroudn to the fact that he doesnt know how. We need someone who has proven they know how to build a successful football team and have them start to actually build this team. Games are won and lost in the trenches.. I cannot understand why we have ignroed the offensive lines so much the last 2/3 seasons, yet draft guys like Fred Davis when we already have an all - pro tight end. I understand we had a great offensive line in 2005/2006, but we have to be looking ahead as well when things are going well (even though the Oline was all that was giong well in 06), and get guys ready to step in when guys are getting old. I dont think Randy Thomas ever plays a down for the Skins' again, so we have Reinhardt in there.. what if he goes down? We have a guy who was a rookie undrafted free agent ready to fill in?

I'm starting to think about the reason we hear Vinny Ceratto is so "high" on these guys.. is because its going to look awful we have to admit they're nothing more than backups.

I'm just ranting now, but I agree with Matty. It is time for a football mind to take hold of the Redskins and build the team.
Gmanc711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 12:28 PM   #20
Gmanc711
Thank You, Sean.

PS: While I'm sure he's not 100% incorrect... and I probaboly sided more with LaVar at the begining... he just needs to let it go, he sounds like more and more of a little baby each time he talks about Snyder... Granted I dont know what happened, but move on... and you should not be considering yourself as great as "B-Mitch, Charles Mann, Art Monk, Riggo, Monte Coleman, the Hogs" ... Chris Samuels who was drafted a spot after you is 100x the Redskin you were.
Gmanc711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 12:42 PM   #21
NYCSkin
Impact Rookie

LaVar has a point but the Skins are an easy target right now. They lack talent at the management, coaching, and player level. Heck I heard the parking attendants at Fedex stink too. As for banding together for a revolution and going over to Redskins park--it's a bit much--just stop buying tickets and merchandise if you don't like the product. Eventually the ownership may realize they need to do something different. Or maybe not. In the meantime save your dollars for a better product.

One fact that I just heard blew me away--since our last Super Bowl team 18 years ago--only the Skins and Lions have failed to reach the NFC Championship game!
NYCSkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 12:48 PM   #22
saden1
MVP

If we're going to evaluate the Redskins performance over the last 10 years Snyder has a cross-hair on his forehead. Snyder hired Zorn so ultimately he has to take responsibility the performance. It's really time for him to completely step aside and let someone else run the show for a change. 5.5 coaches in 10 years isn't going to win you a championship anytime soon.

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 12:51 PM   #23
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCSkin View Post
LaVar has a point but the Skins are an easy target right now. They lack talent at the management, coaching, and player level. Heck I heard the parking attendants at Fedex stink too. As for banding together for a revolution and going over to Redskins park--it's a bit much--just stop buying tickets and merchandise if you don't like the product. Eventually the ownership may realize they need to do something different. Or maybe not. In the meantime save your dollars for a better product.

One fact that I just heard blew me away--since our last Super Bowl team 18 years ago--only the Skins and Lions have failed to reach the NFC Championship game!
Yeah...but we blew out the Lions in that game!
Old 09-29-2009, 12:53 PM   #24
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCSkin View Post

I had to check that and you are right, god we are an Epic Fail. =(
Old 09-29-2009, 01:04 PM   #25
dblanch66
The Starter

Jack Kent Cooke handed the team over to Richie Pettibon after Gibbs retired the first time and the result was not good. He then tried to strike gold for a second time by hiring a hot young assistant named Norv who we all, I'm sure, would like to forget. Then Danny bought the team, ousted Norv in the middle of a season, Robiskie took over...and well...you all know the rest. The point is that this poor coaching situation has plagued this team since the early nineties when the team had a GREAT owner in Mr. Cooke.
Old 09-29-2009, 01:05 PM   #26
NYCSkin
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Yeah...but we blew out the Lions in that game!
What a great game and season that was...seems like we blew out people almost every week. I sound old just saying that...turned 38 yesterday...guess I am!

Not sure about Casserly--still have bad memories of Bobby Wilson, Tom Carter, and Andre Johnson. I'll hang Desmond Howard on Gibbs and Shuler on Norv. For another thread I suppose...
NYCSkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 01:13 PM   #27
freddyg12
Playmaker

Like I said in the first post, Lavar has an axe to grind- it's obvious that he's still lobbying to the fans that he was right.

But as NYCSkin pointed out, the Skins are an easy target right now. What if Lavar said this stuff this summer? I think most everyone (maybe 75%) here would call him out as just being bitter. Now, after stories of the skins suing fans & losing to the Lions, his bitterness has new life.
freddyg12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 01:18 PM   #28
PennSkinsFan
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
The problem is that even if Lavar is right, there is nothing to be done about the situation other than to pray that Snyder wakes up.
Correct.

I don't bemoan Lavar. I don't think all his comments come from bitterness. There have been too many ex-respected Redskins as the same stuff. We all know it. We are not blind and can see it ourselves. He has a unique perspective being in the organization as a former players. But Lotus is right. The only thing we feel can do is express displeasure and quit filling Snyder's coffers. Outside that, very little.

PennSkinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 01:19 PM   #29
freddyg12
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
With all apologies to Matty, LaVar is the true Ego. Having spent a lot of time with him (granted it was over five years ago), I know he is an extremely stubborn, "I am never wrong" person. Nice guy, courteous. But he pretty much has remained bitter because people in the organization told him what he apparently had never been told before "You know what LaVar...sometimes your shit does stink"

He needs to get over it already

That said, the ownership situation had serious issues when LaVar was here. The ownership situation is soooo much better than it was when LaVar was here. Sooo much better. RIP Gerald Snyder but he was way too influential in roster decisions back in the day. And then there was Fred Drasner, who was basically everything fans assume Snyder to be. I believe Dan Snyder was too influenced by the impetuous nature of Drasner and the desire to get his dad all the players he wanted. With Fred Smith and especially Dwight Schar Snyder (Dan) has a stronger ownership group supporting him.
Did they really say that to Lavar? What was his reply? NO?

Seriously, it's good to hear that things have changed for the better, and it seems so from my perspective as a fan. However, ironic as it sounds, Snyder, who's made a bundle in marketing/pr, does a terrible job of pr w/the paying fans & marketing himself.
freddyg12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 01:23 PM   #30
PennSkinsFan
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
I personaly think the best coach that was here during the Synder era was Marty and I found it very interesting that Lavar pointed out of all the coachs he played under here Marty was the only one not to fold under Dan's pressure.

Also no way Lavar actually wrote this tweet, it may be his ideas but someone else typed it up.
I do to. Marty had an 8-3 run at the end of his tenure and really seemed, after a rough start, that the roster was buying into what he was preaching and his rugged coaching style. Only problem was, Snyder wasn't having fun.

For those of you that think Snyder is not involved, just look at all the free agents that have been signed. They all thank Dan Snyder for his direct involvement. You have to be pretty blind to think Dan Snyder sits at Redskins park and is dumb to what the football operation sis doing.

Snyder is involved in all aspects of this franchise, there are wayyyyyyyyyyyy too many ex-players who have mentioned that besides Lavar Arrington.

Being blind to all this and thinkign dan Snyder is not the problem is an option for you. But, these problems are NOT from pre-Snyder Era, may I remind you that was a DECADE, TEN YEARS AGO! You mean to tell me boy genious can not fix things over a 10 year period??????????????? Other franchises do it over a few years.

Snyder is involved. That's why marty didn't last. That's why we have Zorn. Other reputable coaches won't coach here withotu Snyder ceding control. You think he will do that?

PennSkinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote