Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Fantasy Football Forums > Fantasy Football

Warpath Keeper League: Starting up soon?

Fantasy Football

Old 07-23-2007, 09:20 PM   #16
skinsfanthru&thru
Playmaker

Re: Warpath Keeper League: Starting up soon?

well my friend was completely wrong & it seems almost like one of those nfl network commercials. in that case I'm only going to keep Baltimore which was a 10th round pick and Travis Henry whom I picked up from free agency. so I lose my 9th and 12th rounders correct?

Advertisements
Old 07-23-2007, 11:35 PM   #17
Redskins8588
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfanthru&thru View Post
well my friend was completely wrong & it seems almost like one of those nfl network commercials. in that case I'm only going to keep Baltimore which was a 10th round pick and Travis Henry whom I picked up from free agency. so I lose my 9th and 12th rounders correct?
You don't really lose your 9th and 12th round picks, it is just that with yahoo, you have to pick Baltimore with your 9th and Travis Henry with your 12th. No one else can pick those players...
Old 07-24-2007, 09:54 AM   #18
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

So on draft day we actually have to use the appropriate pick and choose the player manually? Isn't there a way to set it up through yahoo? Will we all get a list of the pick's being lost so we will know ahead of time how the draft order will be affected? People will have a lot going on, I'm sure, on draft day, what happens if you screw up and use a pick you weren't supposed to?

I am not trying to be a prick and I greatly appreciate you working this through 8588. I am just trying to make sure we get it set up right and anticipate some of hte possible problems.

Thanks 8588
Old 07-24-2007, 01:33 PM   #19
Redskins8588
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
So on draft day we actually have to use the appropriate pick and choose the player manually? Isn't there a way to set it up through yahoo? Will we all get a list of the pick's being lost so we will know ahead of time how the draft order will be affected? People will have a lot going on, I'm sure, on draft day, what happens if you screw up and use a pick you weren't supposed to?

I am not trying to be a prick and I greatly appreciate you working this through 8588. I am just trying to make sure we get it set up right and anticipate some of hte possible problems.

Thanks 8588
I under stand what you are saying, and as far as I know with yahoo there is no way to take out players. What I need you managers to do is when I post the list of players that are hands off in our league, copy them down on a piece of paper that way come draft night you will have that piece of paper telling you what players are hands off. If by chance someone messes up then when the draft is over I will fix it. Being that I am the commish I have the power to remove and add players to teams...

I am glad that you are asking these questions they need to be answered and asked. Truth be told, I am new to this myself. So any input is good input. And with me being new to this I will need help from time to time...
Old 07-24-2007, 01:56 PM   #20
skinsfanthru&thru
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskins8588 View Post
I under stand what you are saying, and as far as I know with yahoo there is no way to take out players. What I need you managers to do is when I post the list of players that are hands off in our league, copy them down on a piece of paper that way come draft night you will have that piece of paper telling you what players are hands off. If by chance someone messes up then when the draft is over I will fix it. Being that I am the commish I have the power to remove and add players to teams...

I am glad that you are asking these questions they need to be answered and asked. Truth be told, I am new to this myself. So any input is good input. And with me being new to this I will need help from time to time...
that'll probably come in hand as I've personally never been involved in a league that had everyone actually present for the live draft so I'm sure auto draft picks could mess up some stuff. since u have our email's, could u actually just email me the list and I could keep that email open in a background window during the draft? and thanks for the clearing up the rules and tuesday the 7th is cool with me.
Old 07-24-2007, 02:08 PM   #21
Redskins8588
Playmaker

Quote:
that'll probably come in hand as I've personally never been involved in a league that had everyone actually present for the live draft so I'm sure auto draft picks could mess up some stuff. since u have our email's, could u actually just email me the list and I could keep that email open in a background window during the draft? and thanks for the clearing up the rules and tuesday the 7th is cool with me.
That is fine with me I will post the list of the players in our league and email the list to all the managers...
Old 07-24-2007, 07:07 PM   #22
That Guy
Living Legend

i'm still in, i already said who i wanted to keep... hopefully that's all i needed to do for now. kinda switching locations right now so my internet access isn't perfect yet... it should be pretty good by the end of the week though.
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 07:26 PM   #23
Daseal
Puppy Kicker

I have 2 players I'm keeping for sure, but man. I'm struggling on one player if I should keep him or not. I didn't realize we lost draft picks!
Old 07-24-2007, 11:58 PM   #24
Redskins8588
Playmaker

A quick question, in the rules that I posted earlier, it says "a player that is drafted and then cut still maintains their draft status."

My question is this, do you want to keep that rule? Or if a player gets cut they just go back into the player pool. I am asking this because if you picked up a player that was drafted but not by you and you want to keep him then you have to abide by the rule of giving up a draft choice 1 spot ahead of where someone else drafted him. It makes no difference to me either way, just looking for input...
Old 07-25-2007, 12:00 AM   #25
Redskins8588
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daseal View Post
I have 2 players I'm keeping for sure, but man. I'm struggling on one player if I should keep him or not. I didn't realize we lost draft picks!
Your not really loosing draft picks, you are just being forced in to drafting that player that you want 1 round earlier than when you drafted him last year. There are only 14 picks per team no more no less.
Old 07-25-2007, 12:25 AM   #26
skinsfanthru&thru
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskins8588 View Post
A quick question, in the rules that I posted earlier, it says "a player that is drafted and then cut still maintains their draft status."

My question is this, do you want to keep that rule? Or if a player gets cut they just go back into the player pool. I am asking this because if you picked up a player that was drafted but not by you and you want to keep him then you have to abide by the rule of giving up a draft choice 1 spot ahead of where someone else drafted him. It makes no difference to me either way, just looking for input...
I personally think they should just count as a free agency pick up even though it doesn't effect me this year.
Old 07-25-2007, 12:43 AM   #27
Redskins8588
Playmaker

Quote:
I personally think they should just count as a free agency pick up even though it doesn't effect me this year.
That is what I am leaning towards also...
Old 08-04-2007, 11:45 AM   #28
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

I may have missed it, but have we set a draft order for this Tuesday's draft?
Old 08-04-2007, 11:52 AM   #29
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

Yes. Draft Order, No pick list, Keeper list and rounds people are ineligible.

For Me: Keeping
Santanna Moss: Picked Rd. 4 - So I lose 3rd pick.
P. Rivers (he p's a river heh-heh heeh): Picked 8th Rd. - So lose 7th Rd.
M. Jones-Drew: Free Agent (don't think he was initially picked) - So Lose last round.

Also: How will the no-pick round work? Can the draft manager make a person ineligible for a round?
Old 08-04-2007, 10:43 PM   #30
skinsfanthru&thru
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
Yes. Draft Order, No pick list, Keeper list and rounds people are ineligible.

For Me: Keeping
Santanna Moss: Picked Rd. 4 - So I lose 3rd pick.
P. Rivers (he p's a river heh-heh heeh): Picked 8th Rd. - So lose 7th Rd.
M. Jones-Drew: Free Agent (don't think he was initially picked) - So Lose last round.

Also: How will the no-pick round work? Can the draft manager make a person ineligible for a round?
the way the commish made it seem is u don't lose that pick but instead use that pick on said player being kept.