QB Prospects Thread

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 03-19-2024, 09:48 AM   #16
WCommandersfan99
The Starter

Re: QB Prospects Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Daniels has great deep ball accuracy but apparently struggles with zip on the ball on shorter throws. Not sure it is arm strength as much as confidence when he has to make a decision with a tight window.
His release is so quick and seems to always make the right decision. He's also difficult to sack and an incredible playmaker. Just feel his upside is way too high. Like Maye also but prefer Daniels. Maye takes noticeably longer to get rid of the ball. His arm is stronger than Daniels but not Josh Allen strong, etc.

Give me Jayden Daniels! Kid is a star.
WCommandersfan99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-19-2024, 09:52 AM   #17
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCommandersfan99 View Post
His release is so quick and seems to always make the right decision. He's also difficult to sack and an incredible playmaker. Just feel his upside is way too high. Like Maye also but prefer Daniels. Maye takes noticeably longer to get rid of the ball. His arm is stronger than Daniels but not Josh Allen strong, etc.

Give me Jayden Daniels! Kid is a star.
same, LFG!
Old 03-19-2024, 09:54 AM   #18
WCommandersfan99
The Starter

One another thing about Daniels is his deep ball accuracy. Just watch his highlights. Kid just throws dime after dime with precision. His arm is not elite but good enough for sure. No way I'm taking Maye over this kid. Daniels killed it in the SEC last year also with tons of experience. He's also been durable despite his style of play and even playing in the rugged SEC.
Old 03-19-2024, 10:18 AM   #19
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
One another thing about Daniels is his deep ball accuracy. Just watch his highlights. Kid just throws dime after dime with precision. His arm is not elite but good enough for sure. No way I'm taking Maye over this kid. Daniels killed it in the SEC last year also with tons of experience. He's also been durable despite his style of play and even playing in the rugged SEC.
i keep saying the kid plays in the SEC a big time football division unlike USC and UNC

Look at the 2018 draft class; it should have been lamar / allen picks one and two

its all a gamble, even CW is a gamble, he may be the biggest gamble because if he doesn't pan out and CHI sat on trades and got rid of fields, man that is alot of egg on their face
Old 03-19-2024, 10:33 AM   #20
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

JD is an ELITE Passer , his accuarcy deep and mid is insane. The issue with him is his size at the next level. If he was Maye's size he would be considered #1 pick material
Old 03-19-2024, 10:34 AM   #21
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

I'm on the Jayden Daniels bandwagon too. I think he will cement himself as our choice at his pro day. This young man is all about hard work and self improvement so I believe he'll show up weighing 200 pounds, run a 4.5 forty, make every throw in the NFL playbook and ace every interaction with the coaches and the Press. His ceiling as an NFL QB is sky high IMO.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2024, 10:37 AM   #22
WCommandersfan99
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
JD is an ELITE Passer , his accuarcy deep and mid is insane. The issue with him is his size at the next level. If he was Maye's size he would be considered #1 pick material
Daniels is 6'4" and 210 lbs. The height is there for sure as he would enter the league taller than most NFL qbs my a small margin. He's not huge but big enough. Any pick is a risk but this kid is an absolute playmaker and has been doing it for a long time. The SEC is the closest thing to the NFL, especially defensively, and Daniels slayed it. We don't need to overanalyze this. Take Daniels at 2.
Old 03-19-2024, 10:38 AM   #23
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Daniels is 6'4" and 210 lbs. The height is there for sure as he entered the league taller than most NFL qbs my a small margin. He's not huge but big enough. Any pick is a risk but this kid is an absolute playmaker and has been doing it for a long time. The SEC is the closest thing to the NFL, especially defensively, and Daniels slayed. We don't need to overanalyze this. Take Daniels at 2.
Agree hes the safest pick from the QBs in the draft IMO
Old 03-19-2024, 10:45 AM   #24
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Agree hes the safest pick from the QBs in the draft IMO
i take him over CW
Old 03-19-2024, 10:56 AM   #25
EdmundDorf
The Starter

Quote:
Daniels is 6'4" and 210 lbs. The height is there for sure as he would enter the league taller than most NFL qbs my a small margin. He's not huge but big enough. Any pick is a risk but this kid is an absolute playmaker and has been doing it for a long time. The SEC is the closest thing to the NFL, especially defensively, and Daniels slayed it. We don't need to overanalyze this. Take Daniels at 2.
I would hardly call 1 season a long time, and he had the best OLine and recieving core in the SEC, helps tremendously when you have all day to throw to open receivers..... the draft is all about hype and large numbers of people are buying hype wrt Daniels. If our FO see through that and still pick him then great, but there are a lot of fans convinced that he is great that will complaining for the next three years if they pick someone else.
EdmundDorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2024, 10:58 AM   #26
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdmundDorf View Post
I would hardly call 1 season a long time, and he had the best OLine and recieving core in the SEC, helps tremendously when you have all day to throw to open receivers..... the draft is all about hype and large numbers of people are buying hype wrt Daniels. If our FO see through that and still pick him then great, but there are a lot of fans convinced that he is great that will complaining for the next three years if they pick someone else.
Thats why film is so important and his is legit. I like Maye alot too so I'm not mad at either.. Now if they take JJ at 2 then I'll be concerned
Old 03-19-2024, 11:13 AM   #27
calia
Playmaker

The whole QB prediction thing is overdone - the reality is that every expert and pundit has his or her views about the strengths and weaknesses of each of the top candidates but no one can predict how they’ll fare at the next level. The draft is enough of a crapshoot and so much depends on what these guys do when they get to the NFL. The same QB guru coached Tom Brady and JaMarcus Russell and said that Russell had the better physical gifts by far. And we know how that turned out.

I trust Peters and co. to get it right and really hope they do. But I won’t think they’re frauds if they don’t. I do want them to have contingencies, as the 9ers did with Purdy, and I suspect that they will. And MM isn’t that contingency.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-19-2024, 01:19 PM   #28
WCommandersfan99
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdmundDorf View Post
I would hardly call 1 season a long time.
He's been playing big time college football for 5 years. Not sure what you're referring to with 1 season. I like the experience here a lot and the confidence factor. Yes his personnel was stacked, but he was the catalyst to say the least. His accuracy, fast decision making, and lightning quick release make this go. Nabers can thank Daniels bigtime next month when he gets drafted very high.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb...daniels-1.html
Old 03-19-2024, 02:06 PM   #29
EdmundDorf
The Starter

Quote:
He's been playing big time college football for 5 years. Not sure what you're referring to with 1 season. I like the experience here a lot and the confidence factor. Yes his personnel was stacked, but he was the catalyst to say the least. His accuracy, fast decision making, and lightning quick release make this go. Nabers can thank Daniels bigtime next month when he gets drafted very high.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb...daniels-1.html
Yes he has been playing 5 years, but didn't have a break out campaign until this year. 4 years very meh, but that experience can go a long way in year 5 especially with the personnel he had.
EdmundDorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2024, 02:35 PM   #30
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

55 total College games, and almost half of those against SEC opponents - when he was arguably playing his best.

I don't know if he's the guy, but he is impressive.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote