EdmundDorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2024, 04:07 PM   #18
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Re: Around the NFL: Wildcard weekend 2024

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Giants are a shit show, hate to see it
Still in better shape then Washington. We're getting rid of the DC and his assistants who ran the 27th rank Defense in the NFL, nothing shitty about it.
Old 01-10-2024, 04:20 PM   #19
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

The Post reported Daboll was adamant about getting rid of Drew Wilkins and, by association, Kevin Wilkins, because there "was a feeling in the building that Martindale and Drew Wilkins were creating their own fiefdom within the coaching staff, at times bypassing Daboll and believing they had to answer only to each other and, ultimately, ownership."

Multi Fiefdoms locker rooms always a bad sign. Feudal systems ultimately collapse

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2024, 04:32 PM   #20
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Still in better shape then Washington. We're getting rid of the DC and his assistants who ran the 27th rank Defense in the NFL, nothing shitty about it.
Better shape how?

Cap room? Nope
Draft position/picks? Nope
Old 01-10-2024, 06:06 PM   #21
AnonEmouse
The Starter

Quote:
Better shape how?

Cap room? Nope
Don't forget the albatross that is Danny Dimes and his contract.
AnonEmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2024, 06:51 PM   #22
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Better shape how?

Cap room? Nope
Cap room maybe , since no one knows the cap number yet maybe. Are you really proud of your draft position? GM,HC.
Old 01-10-2024, 06:52 PM   #23
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonEmouse View Post
Don't forget the albatross that is Danny Dimes and his contract.
Very team friendly contract but please go ahead.
Old 01-10-2024, 06:55 PM   #24
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
The Post reported Daboll was adamant about getting rid of Drew Wilkins and, by association, Kevin Wilkins, because there "was a feeling in the building that Martindale and Drew Wilkins were creating their own fiefdom within the coaching staff, at times bypassing Daboll and believing they had to answer only to each other and, ultimately, ownership."

Multi Fiefdoms locker rooms always a bad sign. Feudal systems ultimately collapse
Not surprising you have no problem with assistants doing whatever they want. They are Winks guys and Winks mad they got fired, Giants also got rid of the ST and OL Coaches without any problem. Just for facts Wink hasn't resigned yet and the Giants aren't firing him.
Old 01-10-2024, 08:34 PM   #25
rocnrik
Playmaker

Don't we have enough problems with our team to be engaged in a debate with a giants fan😳😳😳😀😀 all I can say is they beat our ass every year and I'm sick of it ... so hopefully with all these changes that will not happen again... 😳
rocnrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2024, 11:37 PM   #26
Meks
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Cap room maybe , since no one knows the cap number yet maybe. Are you really proud of your draft position? GM,HC.
Proud to be rebuilding. No one has to be proud to be right that the draft position is statically better, just saying.

We are leaving behind a full blown dumpster fire. Far be it for us to look back and smile in the rear view at one of our division rivals who are currently fumbling a pack of matches over a pile of rubble that is doused in gasoline faster than they've been fumbling their coaching staff, contract investments and draft picks over the past few years...

Far be it indeed. Would love to say I don't wish that type of shit on anyone cuz we have been there but you're in the divison... roast on buddy.... roast on.

Oh and yea I agree. I wouldn't want stink Martindale and his 27th ranked defense (your words, not looking up stats on yall) either. We are trying to go up, not down or staying relatively the same.
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Meks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2024, 07:35 AM   #27
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Very team friendly contract but please go ahead.
expect you don't get any production from him so really its not

ROI
Old 01-11-2024, 08:16 AM   #28
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
expect you don't get any production from him so really its not

ROI
Not behind the line he was behind you don't for sure. He did however prove his worth the season before when protected and healthy.
Old 01-11-2024, 09:07 AM   #29
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meks View Post
Proud to be rebuilding. No one has to be proud to be right that the draft position is statically better, just saying.

We are leaving behind a full blown dumpster fire. Far be it for us to look back and smile in the rear view at one of our division rivals who are currently fumbling a pack of matches over a pile of rubble that is doused in gasoline faster than they've been fumbling their coaching staff, contract investments and draft picks over the past few years...

Far be it indeed. Would love to say I don't wish that type of shit on anyone cuz we have been there but you're in the divison... roast on buddy.... roast on.

Oh and yea I agree. I wouldn't want stink Martindale and his 27th ranked defense (your words, not looking up stats on yall) either. We are trying to go up, not down or staying relatively the same.
JMO, not sure if it's a full blown rebuild. NFL teams are always building some just need different parts at different times. Only thing I can say is get a GM when you get your HC and that they are on the same page is big. I like ours and yeah our CAP was in hell and Schoen has straighten it out. Giants can dump Jones after season 2 so it's a team friendly contract.
Giants need an O line bad we have a part or two but we need more . You guys have some good players just need to fill in around them.
Old 01-11-2024, 09:25 AM   #30
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Not behind the line he was behind you don't for sure. He did however prove his worth the season before when protected and healthy.
What sucks for the giants was that was all lighting in a bottle for that whole team but now the cap came loose and all that is left is a empty bottle

The giants front office jumped to quick thinking they had something special in the QB HC and the team in general

Anywho, we are moving out the NFC EAST basement we will leave the lights on for you